2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Espresso Piiti Porter - Funky Buddha Brewery

Espresso Piiti Porter
No picture uploaded.

Funky Buddha Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

American Porter |  6.30% ABV

(Beer added by: DosBeerigos on 10-20-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 7 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
dimenhetfield

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

On tap at the Buddha for the grand opening. Much like the Piiti Porter in appearance, this one takes on a new life in aroma with the onslaught of coffee you get from the aroma. I enjoy the aroma/flavors of coffee just as much as the next guy, but this might have been a bit too much. I applaud them for making this, because I really did enjoy it, but just tone down the coffee a little.

01-18-2011 18:44:49 | More by dimenhetfield
DosBeerigos

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

The first time I had this beer was at the Brewery Grand Opening, and honestly I couldn't get enough of it. Well, I couldn't, but my liver on the other hand could.
The base beer is the Piiti Porter which is The Buddha's standard Porter which is brewed with Lactose Sugar. So think of the Espresso Piiti as a "Cafe con Leche", yep that is pretty much spot on....
I grew up in Tampa and was raised on Cuban Food, there honestly is nothing better in the morning than a nice piece of pressed Cuban Bread Buttered with a Cafe con Leche.
This beer took me back home. It is a perfect balance of the espresso coffee, sweet characteristics from the lactose milk, and still not overly heavy body wise.
I have been told this will be on tap often at the Buddha, which makes me happy!
Overall, another stand out beer from The Funky Buddha!

10-20-2010 00:38:00 | More by DosBeerigos
Espresso Piiti Porter from Funky Buddha Brewery
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.