Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Wide Awake It's Morning - Funky Buddha Brewery

Beer added by: Habmike on 04-01-2011

Imperial Maple Bacon Coffee Stout
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
4.89/5  rDev +8.2%

Had a couple glasses of this for good reason.

A: looks like a dark beer so no surprises. Didn't have much of a head which I prefer, though if they really do brew this with bacon that would explain that

S: Maple smells dominate but also coffee. Smells awesome.

T: Taste follows the smell, strong coffee and maple flavor, but more blended together. This tastes less like liquid breakfast (good thing in my opinion). One of the more unique, and better tastes I've had in a beer.

M: This isn't the thickest syrup of stout you'll ever have, but it's well bodied and smooth. Matches the sweetness well.

O: What a beer. Wish they brewed more than a handful of gallons of this so I could find it in other parts of florida.

4.59/5  rDev +1.5%

My first trip to the buddah, and this was the first beer of the day. On-tap into a FB snifter.

A: Jet black, opaque. The pour dropped a small head that faded to nothing rather quickly and didn't leave much lace. This is where my critisim ends.

A: Maple, coffee, roast, and smoke. The maple is undeniably the star of the show, and complements the roast and smokey aromas nicely.

T: This is simply devine. Big maple syrup, coffee beans, chocolate, and smoky bacon. The bacon flavor is not as noticable as in the original version, but it is not a knock on the beer. This imperial version packs a punch ABV wise, but you wouldn't know it, there is almost no hint of the alcohol in the taste.

M: Creamy and smooth. Full body. Small but appropriate levels of carbonation.

O: This is one of the best brews I've ever had. Smooth, flavorful, and dangerously drinkable. I wish I could've stayed all night to pound glass after glass of this stuff. Supurb! Skal.

4.75/5  rDev +5.1%

Been waiting for this gem of a beer for quite some time. Pours black, not too thick, but not thin either. Maple is the main ingredient that you smell first, swiftly followed by smokiness and coffee bean. A little bit more smokey then the regular Maple Bacon. The ABV is hidden very well amongst the flavors in this one. Has to be one of the best beers I've ever had.

4.5/5  rDev -0.4%

Release day at the funky Buddha and just finished my 3rd glass. It is if course delicious just like the original is. The only difference I have noticed and what makes this a 4.5 and not a 5.0 is that the nose is not as maple smelling as the original is. Not a complaint at all as I am about to go back for my 4th glass, just an honest observation. How they got the taste to be almost exactly the same with the much higher alcohol % is a mystery to me, but Kevin and Ryan at the buddha sure know what the heck they are doing when it comes to brewing a wonderful beer. Well worth the drink if u can get it, my bottle to take home has been spoken for for weeks now!

4.69/5  rDev +3.8%

Big thanks to Ryan (owner/brewer) for this first ever taste out of the fermenter in the final stage of the brew!

Kind of a murky purple/burgundy with a decent tan head. Not much to look at really. That's where the negativity ends.

The smell is righteous! It's all in the name of course as well as some casual nuances and notions of syrup, roasted coffee beans, coco bacon bits, and vanilla cream.

The taste is killer as well of course! All the flavors of the nose come through even more delectably than I could've imagined. Really a tasty breakfast treat I could have ANYTIME.

She's got a great mouth on her! No really though this is thicker than most stouts I've ever tastes. Really heavy and fluffy all together. Kind of expands inside your mouth. By far the mouthfeel is the most impressive piece of this breakfast pie.

Overall I'm head over heels for this beer! I can't wait to go through some serious trouble to get more when it's released.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last