Berliner Raspberry - Funky Buddha Brewery

Berliner Weissbier |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kfsv034 on 09-24-2011

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.34/5  rDev +9%

Thanks to Jason (and dimenhetfield) for making this one happen. Served in a Glunz taster glass.

A - Quick-dissolving white foam settles to a thin ring, leaving no lace. Hazy bright pink body.

S - Under-ripe raspberries, lemons, slight yogurt, hint of sulfur, touch of sharp wheat, and some acidity. Quite impressive - I just couldn't stop bringing this one to my nose.

T - Unfortunately, the taste isn't quite as amazing. It's still quite enjoyable - tastes mostly like raspberry lemonade but without the complexity and depth of the aroma. I was surprised to see this was 5%. Great fruit character, but could use more sourness.

M - Lower carbonation, light body, very dry, but with minimal pucker or tartness.

D - I liked this quite a bit, and I'd love to have it again. I doubt I'll get a chance unless I go to Florida though. I could drink a ton of this, but lowering the ABV a little and making it a bit more sour would make this world-class.

3.6/5  rDev -9.5%

Pours a neon pinkish red. No head at all. Not even if i shake the shit out of it.
Smells funky and odd. Some seediness on the nose. very weird. Norm says he smells celery seed. I'm not sure but I think the funk and raspberries just clash a bit.
Tastes reeeally raspberry heavy. I am really enjoying the taste of the raspberries but the nose is messing with me. Nice solid mouthfeel. Well carbonated, sits well on the tongue. But overall this one is not quite a hit.
An interesting take for sure but needs some work i think

3.08/5  rDev -22.6%

Jackie o's tasting baby!! Thanks cam

A-fucking red as shit . I said it. Like red koolaid

S-funky raspberry, but not in a good way

T-weird raspberry that I don'tlike. Not a good one

M- medium boey and smooth

O-eh. Pass. Too much wierdness going on...

4.57/5  rDev +14.8%

On draft for the Funky Buddha 1 year anniversary. This beer stole the show that night. I had tasted previous treatments but this was just incredible. The red ruby color really gives insight to what the aroma and flavor hold. Raspberries all the way, along with a solid sour presence as well. This should be label a sour in my opinion but whatever they call it I’m just glad they made it.

4.35/5  rDev +9.3%

Beer presents pinkish red with almost no head

Smells of sour raspberries and funk

Tastes follows the nose. Sour raspberries with some subtle sour apple notes.

Mouthfeel is light with a dry finish that leaves my mouth puckering

Overall this is a very tasty brew. For their first sour style brew this dude is mighty good

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last