Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Last Snow - Funky Buddha Brewery

Last SnowLast Snow

Funky Buddha Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

American Porter |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: brentk56 on 11-18-2011

Coffee Porter w/ coconut, white chocolate and caramel
Reviews: 137 | Hads: 1,064

Coconut, coffee bomb on the nose and the taste. Exceptional beer! The dark chocolate mixes throughout. Medium-full body with just the right amount of carbonation. My favorite porter.

12 oz Draft at Extreme Beer Fest Afterparty at The Merchant on 3/20/15

Look: Dark body, carmel-ish head
Smell: Deep coffee and coconut scents
Taste: Amazing roasty coffee and coconut flavors mix well with nutty dry porter flavors and smooth out with a touch of vanilla-ish flavor. Decadent!
Feel: Rich, almost more stout than porter
Overall: Maybe the best porter i've ever came across (and its my favorite style)

Can't really say much other than I love Imperial Stouts and that Porter was insanely good.

Super dark with minimal head.
My immediate impression was coffee and chocolate.
First gulp brought back coffee/coconut/chocolate... and I exhaled. Amazing taste!

Amazing beer in general, will be back for more.

I really cant say enough about this beer. FB is always putting out top notch stuff. I managed to pick up several of these bombers in Miami during the last release. Needless to say they are no longer on the shelves anywhere. Chocolates, coconut, coffee. its all there. All explosive. In a GREAT way.

I'm not a coffee drinker and I don't care for coconut( if this sounds like you) still try it!! You wont regret it! 5/5

Pours a deep dark brown. I love this beer. So much coconut in the nose and so much coconut in the body. There is actually so much coconut that the caramel and coffee are washed out and relatively subtle. So depending on if you wanted more of those flavors, this might not be the beer for you. But I love coconut and this beer is perfect.

Taste like a shot of coffee with a nice smooth malty coconut taste. Very refreshing if you've been working all day and wanna enjoy a nice cold porter.

As a Local to the Original Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery in Boca Raton i would have to say this one of if not the Best brew Funky Buddha has made.

Last Snow White Chocolate Coconut Coffee Porter

A - Milk Chocolate Hue w/ Small amount of thick crémy head
S - Amazing - Coconut, White Chocolate, Coffee & Créme
T - ^^^
M - Smooth and Crémful

Overall - The BEST porter i have ever experienced. This amazing porter leaves you satisfied but always wanting more. This is however a special release Funky Buddha does so if you catch wind of a release you better jump on it because the kegs go fast usually within hours. This beer is definitely a world class porter that every porter lover should experience.

4.99/5  rDev +11.6%

poured from a 32 oz growler into a snifter

A- Coffee black, fair amount of lacing, not much head.

S - pungent fresh coffee roast, coconut, roasted malts. The "fresh coffee" smell is the strongest, but unlike other coffee based stouts in that they don't smell like the roast itself, just the finished product. Really unique in that sense that it smells like a quality ground roast and hits you right in the nose.

T- SMOOTH, coconut heavy but not overpowering. Balances perfectly with chocolate, coffee and toffee notes. Very sweet on the finish

M - lightly carbonated, just right for its ABV (many porters 5-6 % abv tend to be thin.). This is just right. About as good of a consistency and viscosity as you can get for the style.

O - WOW...I waited several hours in line for this growler, and I actually ordered a glass of this while i waited, however I'm convinced they did NOT give me this and gave me the OP porter or something else. Shame on you bartender! I was underwhelmed by the hype when i had what I thought was Last Snow but what i'm drinking now is a totally different beer. Without a doubt one of the best porters, if not the best, i've ever had. Well worth the hype and fortunate to have been able to try this

4.98/5  rDev +11.4%

Had at hunuhpu day 2013. Favorite beer of the entire event.
This beer is getting my first written review because it left such a lasting impression on me

Appearance- the beer was such a dark brown almost pure black. not much head but tons of lacing as I drank it

Aroma- rich hints of caramel, vanilla, and coconut, and chocolate on the nose

Flavor- explosion of coconut richness. the toasted coconut just really was the highlight of the beer. the chocolate hints along with vanilla gave the beer just the right amount of sweetness.

Mouth feel- Wish it was a stout because porters are a bit thin for me but this one just worked so well.

Overall- One of the best beers I have ever had. The highlight of hunahpu day for me. this is one beer that I cannot wait to have again when i visit funky buddha this summer. Apart from huna this was the only beer that day that i went back and purchased a second one because I could not get over what I had just tasted

4.95/5  rDev +10.7%

Right up there with MBCP! Coconut, coffee, maple and a slight hint of cinnamon. Man this stuff is awesome, I really do need an endless supply of this.

4.92/5  rDev +10.1%

On tap at Capones event today.

A - Pours a rich chocolate brown with a small head that leaves some small residue of lacing on the glass. Looks great in the glass.

S - Rich coconut wafting from the glass entices you for what is to come. Some secondary coffee and roasted malts with a bit of chocolate, but the coconut steals the show here.

T - Some might say that the coconut makes it too sweet, but I found it to be spectacular. Wonderful flavor of coconut, chocolate, and coffee all blended together perfectly in a glass. Could not ask for more to be honest.

M - Very nice, rich enough for a porter. I could drink this all night long. Tremendous.

For me, the star of the show today. Great event, if the Maple Bacon Coffee is better than this, it must be mind blowing.

This was one of the better beers I have had this year. I would search this one out if you can.

4.92/5  rDev +10.1%

Had on-tap at Capone's in Norristown, PA.

Poured a deep, rich brown color with a small & quickly receding head that left spotty lacing. A bit syrupy looking. The aroma was incredible. One of the best smelling beers I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Roasty coffee and coconut in the forefront, with rich chocolate in the background. I'm surprised I got that much from the aroma because it wasn't long before I took a sip...and wow. The coconut, chocolate and coffee all come together to form some kind of amazing tropical chocolate milk beer that I've never tasted anything similar to. Someone here compared it to a mounds bar, and that's about right...only this is like a gourmet mounds beer. The mouthfeel is rich though I wish it were a bit thicker...I feel I would have enjoyed it even more.

I have also had the Maple Bacon Coffee Porter on tap and I feel this beer is better. I can't wait to have more...unfortunately there won't be many opportunities for it up here in PA but I'll enjoy it while it's here for Beer Week! If you can get your hands on it, try it.

look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

The best porter I've had! Pours dark brown with a tan head. The nose is coconut and chocolate. The taste is a total coconut bomb with just the right amount of coffee to balance it out. I wish the mouth feel was a little thicker. Other than that it's a near perfect porter in my book.

4.89/5  rDev +9.4%

Had a huge dark caramel head when poured from the bottle. Very little light was making its way through the glass. The smell was amazing, it smelled like a coconut treat rather than a beer. Had a light roasted coffee taste along with a hint of vanilla. With a toasted coconut aftertaste.

look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

What a fantastic beer! Pitch black with a tan head that goes away quickly, smells amazing with strong, roasty coffee on the nose. The taste was just unreal, the flavors all blended together so well with the bitterness from the coffee perfectly balancing the sweetness of the coconut. This really is something special from Funky Buddha and instantly becomes a yearly priority for me to get whenever it comes out.

4.88/5  rDev +9.2%

One of my favorite beers at EBF the last few years and have now been able to snag a few bottles. Thanks DirtyDawwg and GavinMBrown!The nose on this beer is absolutely wonderful. Just puts a smile on my face knowing what I'm getting with each sip. The beer was smooth and had a great coconut taste but wasn't overpowering on the coconut, roasted coffee, or vanilla. Crisp, a nice bit of bitter and if anything, perhaps a little thin on the mouth. I could drink this all day and night long

4.87/5  rDev +8.9%

Drank on-tap at Lord Hobo, Cambridge, MA
Served in a stemmed glass

Pitch black appearance. The liquid was topped by an inch-tall, tight, frothy, caramel colored crown. Drippy streaks of lacing coated the glass.

The nose was absolutely amazing. While many refer to this beer as a coconut bomb, I thought it smelled like french toast in a glass. Tons of maple syrup. Intense vanilla notes. Slightly bready. Perhaps a hint of coffee. The porter-like characteristics came through as well. Coffee and roast were noticeable.

The flavor profile was very similar to the nose. French toast notes dominated. Loads of maple syrup. Some vanilla. French roast coffee and dark chocolate came through in the center. The beer finished with a moderate dose of roasted malts and a kiss of hops.

The beer was super slick and creamy on the palate and contained a fine, zippy effervescence. Fuller bodied for the style. The carbonation lessened with time.

Funky Buddha makes a number of wildly creative, intensely flavored beers, and Last Snow is definitely one of their best. If you want the ultimate breakfast porter, look no further.

4.86/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

A- pretty dark with red highlights coming through. Nice tan head doesn't last too long.

S- holy shit. Coconut, fresh roasted coffee, chocolate, vanilla.

T- that roast up front from the coffee, middle of the mouth you get the coconut and white chocolate, and finishes with a nice vanilla and leaves that coffee bean taste in the after taste

M- full body, creamy

O- wow what an amazing beer. This might be one of my all time favorite beers ever. The flavors are amazing and exactly what they wanted it to be, and exactly what I wanted it to be Lol just awesome stuff! Cheers!

4.86/5  rDev +8.7%

Look - Dark thick body
Smell - Rich, awesome aroma of chocolate and coconut
Taste - Sweet chocolately sweetness with a chunk of coconut
Feel - Thick mouthfeel, they are amazing at creating a tasting experience as good as advertised.
This beer is freaking good!

4.84/5  rDev +8.3%

Dark brown pour - nearly black in the glass. Thin, vanilla colored lacing on top. Huge coconut aroma on this beer, simply amazing. The taste follows, with coconut taking the stage. The white chocolate and caramel are present but are far less pronounced. Great weight on this one, albeit maybe just a hair thin. Still incredible. Maybe the best beer I've had - definitely the best porter.

4.82/5  rDev +7.8%

Funky Buddha Last Snow
22oz bottle into a tulip

A: Opaque black, just over 1 fingers width of light khaki colored head, decent retention, a few small patches of lacing. 4.5

S: My god. Tons of coffee, tons of caramel, vanilla beans. Smells like a caramel machiatto. Toasted coconut is noticeable, subtle at first then continues to build. Cinnamon as well. Ridiculous nose. 5

T: Tons of coconut, dark chocolate, an almond like nutty character. Lots if coffee, some caramel, roasty. 4.75

M/D: Medium body, carbonation on the higher end but appropriate, excellent drinkability. 4.5

O: One of the best beers I've ever had. World class. 5

4.81/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Had on draft and out of a growler.

A: Pours a deep chocolate with a thick tan head that maintains well and laces beautifully throughout.

S: Smells like coffee, chocolate and toasted coconut, all well-balanced and working in near-perfect unison.

T: Taste is a delicious blend of coffe, toast, chocolate and toasted coconut, reminiscent of any one of a dozen amazing coconut and chocolate desserts. Toasted coconut lingers pleasantly on the palate after each pull and for a while after finishing this beer.

M: A typical heft for an American porter, medium carbonation helps those amazing flavors dance around.

O: If you don't like coconut flavor this isn't the beer for you, but this is a fantastic-tasting beer that I could drink for dessert over and over. Manageable alcohol, delicious flavors, heady aromas and a nice body make this one of the most enjoyable porters I've had. Time to stock up!

4.81/5  rDev +7.6%

Huge huge thanks to rudzud for sharing this. One of my top 3 all time stouts were from them, the Morning Wood, and I've been dying to try more from them ever since.

Pours a dark mocha colored thick creamy almost 1 finger head, fades at a med pace with lots of lacing, pitch black beer.

Nose is so much coconut, just pure awesome coconut, fresh toasted coconut and coconut oil too, little maple note and toasted barrel, vanilla oak. Little dark choc and cocoa, almond joy, so much coconut, then coffee so much fresh coffee and nice nutty and coconut coffee, caramel machiato and cappuccino, and cocoa, fresh roasted roasted coffee beans.

Taste is more of the same awesomeness! Tons of coconut too start, great coconut oil and fresh coconut flesh toasted. Into creamy dark choc, bakers and hot cocoa, vanilla barrel, etc, into fresh coffee, freshly roasted coffee beans, freshly brewed coconut earthy nutty coffee, toasted coffee, etc. Little caramel and maple notes, with almond joy goodness, and coconut milk creamy taste. Nice dark choc, coffee, and great coconut lingering forever on the finish, long coconut and cocoa, vanilla, little bitterness, just great.

Mouth is a bit thin, but creamy and coconut milk, decent carb, just a bit thin.

Overall phenomenal! Very hard to get any better than this. Again another Funky Buddha grand slam! I really need to get down there and hit them up for some special beers when I can. Got another coming soon so I can't wait for that. This is quickly becoming top 5 breweries for me.

4.81/5  rDev +7.6%

Shared with JLindros, poured into a Kate the Great tulip.

A - Poured a super dark black hue with a thin one finger head that leaves light lacing and A thin halo.

S - Aromas of coconut oil galore, chocolate galore, almond joy notes, maple syrup. Insane nose, coffee chocolate coconut gahhhh. Caramel too.

T - Taste is a mouth full of coconut, dark chocolate, caramel, white chocolate, . Maple syrup somehow , this beer is super delicious. How there is this Much coconut I the beer is beyond me but my goodness is there coconut! Chocolate too, light coffee...

M - Mouthfeel is not as creamy as I'd like, slightly thin.

O - Overall this beer smelled and tasted incredible. Mind shatteringly good. So so so much coconut. Just awesome.

4.8/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A-EBF sample pour. Pours black.

S-I must preface this by saying I am always searching for a beer with awesome coconut flavor. This one is essentially the Holy Grail of coconut beer. The aroma is just riddled and packed with coconut flesh. There is also a bunch of coffee, sweet chocolate and vanilla. But the coconut is unbelievable.

T-Again, the coconut is delectable. I have never had a beer with anywhere near as much coconut flavor as this one. Chunks of decadent coconut flesh. I feel like I should be picking it out my teeth. Coffee, chocolate, burnt caramel and vanilla extract.

M-Creamy. Kind of hard to describe the feel because I literally gulped this down in an instant. I couldn't help myself.

O/D-Okay, okay, now I see why the Funky Buddha has such a following. This was the best coconut beer i have ever had and was also one of the best beers I ever remember trying.

Last Snow from Funky Buddha Brewery