Tripel Lindy - Funky Buddha Brewery

good

Funky Buddha Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

Tripel |  8.50% ABV

(Beer added by: DrinkSlurm on 11-30-2011)

Belittle, Sep 03, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +0.6%

On draft, pours a cloudy bright pale yellow with lots of head that just continues to lace the glass.

The nose is sweet citrus, Belgian yeast, a little fruity, some caramel. The flavor is pretty sweet, alot of candied sugar and crystal malt, some banana and other fruit notes. Clean smooth finish. A good representation of a tripel, but not mind blowing. Glad I got to try it.

nmann08, Aug 26, 2014

I had this beer on tap at the brewery. I'm not sure why the scores are so low because I found this tripel to be excellent. The beer was true to style with a nice golden color and thin foam head. Smell of sweet caramel malts, very appealing. The taste was spot on for a triple. Reminds me of Karmeleit which is my personal favorite. It was sweet, but not overly so with a very fresh malt smell and a small alcohol burn at the end that works very well for this beer. The mouthfeel is smooth, lightly carbonated and very drinkable.

This beer was the best american craft brewery version of a tripel I've had. If you've had this beer before try it again. I've noticed that FB sometimes takes a few months or so to "dial in" on certain beers that are new or haven't been made that often. I was very impressed.

8/31/14 - Went back to Funky Buddha Brewery the following week to have the tripel again. Unfortunately, the beer did not hold up to my original review. The smoothness and cohesiveness that I enjoyed in the beer the week before was gone. I'm not sure if the Tripel Lindy came from a different keg/batch or it's the same exact beer that somehow suffered during the week that past. All I know is that it was a totally different experience and consistency is definitely an issue for this beer at FBB.

ELS, Aug 25, 2014

IdrinkGas, Jun 05, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +7.8%

ReeseMax3, Jan 31, 2014
2.73/5  rDev -21.6%

On tap at the Funky Buddha. Poured into snifter.
Hazy honey, no head.
Smells of candy? Cotton candy maybe?? Weird.
Taste is sweet like candy but I taste rose, or some kind of flower?? Honey also...
Overall, I'm not quite sure what to think. Its unique, which is a plus, but it doesn't really taste all that good...
I deff wouldn't buy again. In fact I'm sorry I got this one.

DrinkSlurm, Nov 30, 2011