Tripel Lindy - Funky Buddha Brewery

Beer added by: DrinkSlurm on 11-30-2011

to view more.
Ratings: 35 | Reviews: 4
3.42/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Clear golden; excellent clarity; a decent head and some lacing.

Aroma: pretty well balanced, fruity and somewhat complex

Flavor: Lightly bitter and slightly tart with hints of dark and soft ripe fruits.

O: respectable and easy drinking version of the style but not up with the best Belgian versions.

3.5/5  rDev +0.9%

On draft, pours a cloudy bright pale yellow with lots of head that just continues to lace the glass.

The nose is sweet citrus, Belgian yeast, a little fruity, some caramel. The flavor is pretty sweet, alot of candied sugar and crystal malt, some banana and other fruit notes. Clean smooth finish. A good representation of a tripel, but not mind blowing. Glad I got to try it.

3.25/5  rDev -6.3%

I had this beer on tap at the brewery. I'm not sure why the scores are so low because I found this tripel to be excellent. The beer was true to style with a nice golden color and thin foam head. Smell of sweet caramel malts, very appealing. The taste was spot on for a triple. Reminds me of Karmeleit which is my personal favorite. It was sweet, but not overly so with a very fresh malt smell and a small alcohol burn at the end that works very well for this beer. The mouthfeel is smooth, lightly carbonated and very drinkable.

This beer was the best american craft brewery version of a tripel I've had. If you've had this beer before try it again. I've noticed that FB sometimes takes a few months or so to "dial in" on certain beers that are new or haven't been made that often. I was very impressed.

8/31/14 - Went back to Funky Buddha Brewery the following week to have the tripel again. Unfortunately, the beer did not hold up to my original review. The smoothness and cohesiveness that I enjoyed in the beer the week before was gone. I'm not sure if the Tripel Lindy came from a different keg/batch or it's the same exact beer that somehow suffered during the week that past. All I know is that it was a totally different experience and consistency is definitely an issue for this beer at FBB.

12/13/14 - Had the beer a few months later. The smoothness and drinkability are gone. This beer's conformity to the standards of a good tripel are far off from the first time I drank it back in August. Funky Buddha really needs to work on their consistency

2.76/5  rDev -20.5%

On tap at the Funky Buddha. Poured into snifter.
Hazy honey, no head.
Smells of candy? Cotton candy maybe?? Weird.
Taste is sweet like candy but I taste rose, or some kind of flower?? Honey also...
Overall, I'm not quite sure what to think. Its unique, which is a plus, but it doesn't really taste all that good...
I deff wouldn't buy again. In fact I'm sorry I got this one.

to view more.