1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

More Moro Blood Orange IPA - Funky Buddha Brewery

More Moro Blood Orange IPA
No picture uploaded.

Funky Buddha Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

(Beer added by: manutdfan on 08-14-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 17 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
Alieniloquium

3.95/5  rDev +2.9%

On tap at the brewery. Served in a snifter.

Appearance - Deep orange body. Almost reddish. White head that settles to a thin collar and a few islands.

Smell - Tons of grapefruit. Orange and grapefruit aromas. Some pale malt barely comes through.

Taste - Here it's more distinctly orange. Still has some grapefruit character, but it's got an orange sweetness. It's bitter almost immediately. Very bitter in the finish. Some pale malt again makes a meager appearance.

Mouthfeel - Medium body and quite bitter. Citrus pith bitterness, not hop.

Overall - It doesn't taste like diacetyl!! The orange either covers it up or they made a good batch of Hop Gun. I'm thinking the former.

09-29-2013 22:53:53 | More by Alieniloquium
jivex5k

1.99/5  rDev -48.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 1.5

This beer sounded amazing.
An Orange IPA? Yes please, I love citrusy IPAs.
But, it wasn't what I expected at all when I tasted it...Perhaps I just don't like orange that much, thought I did, not after having this beer though.
It was just way too bittering up front and back, and I'm a guy who can drink a Ruination without a problem. I had problems finishing this beer....I don't know, it was more like the type of bittering it had up front just...it just tasted bad.
Wish I could explain it more but this beer was not for me.
I was expecting a citrusy hop gun, but this was just a different beast all together.
But I think I'm the minority, most people I've talked to enjoyed the beer a lot so at least give it a try.

08-15-2013 18:01:47 | More by jivex5k
manutdfan

4.39/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Holy blood oranges batman! Have had this a couple times on draft in my founders snifter. From what I have been told, the more moro are the deepest color of the blood oranges, or something to that effect. Beer pours out with quite an orange hue to it, looks amazing with a nice 2 finger head on it. The smell is quite amazing, close your eyes and imagine a big tall glass of blood orange juice, something i have in the fridge at all times. The taste of the blood orange is there, along with some of the hop gun bitterness that likes to linger in the mouth. Overall yet another amazing treatment the boys at the buddha have done, delicious!

08-14-2013 20:57:18 | More by manutdfan