Hijack - Infamous Brewing Company

HijackHijack

Infamous Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Cream Ale |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Riccymon on 06-23-2013)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

One of my homebrews a while back turned out very much like this. It was thin and watery with a diluted sugary taste. I've always considered it one of my worst batches ever. But now my eyes have been opened! If someone ever says to me "Dude, what the hell is wrong with this beer?", no longer do I have to hang my head in shame and apologize. My answer will simply be "It's a hijack clone. That's what it's supposed to taste like. Now drink up, bitch!".

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

3.43/5  rDev +0.6%

Had on tap at Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek. This was the first time I've seen Infamous on a menu in Austin. Hijack was listed in their printed menu, though, so it looks to be a standard offering. Served in a pint glass: fairly clear, lawnmower-yellow color with a small amount of head.

The nose is a little subdued. I smell a little lemony citrus coming through, but mostly the kind of grainy aroma I associate with pilsners. The latter observation soon became a theme for Hijack--it reminds me of a pilsner as much of a cream ale. I just drank Genny Cream Ale yesterday, so I'm looking for the same sweetness in Hijack but not finding it. Instead, bready/grainy flavors combined with a lemony hop presence. I also get some fruity notes that reminded me of Sam Adams Summer Ale (grains of paradise?). On the whole, maybe not that different from Sixpoint's Sweet Action.

Well-carbonated and light-bodied with a drying finish. This beer was pretty refreshing and paired well with pork tacos. Although I'd hesitate to classify it as a cream ale, I did enjoy drinking Hijack, and I'd order it again over other summer-friendly Texas options like Saint Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower or Real Ale Fireman's 4.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »