Hijack - Infamous Brewing Company

HijackHijack

Infamous Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Cream Ale |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Riccymon on 06-23-2013)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

3.75/5  rDev +10%

3.43/5  rDev +0.6%

Had on tap at Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek. This was the first time I've seen Infamous on a menu in Austin. Hijack was listed in their printed menu, though, so it looks to be a standard offering. Served in a pint glass: fairly clear, lawnmower-yellow color with a small amount of head.

The nose is a little subdued. I smell a little lemony citrus coming through, but mostly the kind of grainy aroma I associate with pilsners. The latter observation soon became a theme for Hijack--it reminds me of a pilsner as much of a cream ale. I just drank Genny Cream Ale yesterday, so I'm looking for the same sweetness in Hijack but not finding it. Instead, bready/grainy flavors combined with a lemony hop presence. I also get some fruity notes that reminded me of Sam Adams Summer Ale (grains of paradise?). On the whole, maybe not that different from Sixpoint's Sweet Action.

Well-carbonated and light-bodied with a drying finish. This beer was pretty refreshing and paired well with pork tacos. Although I'd hesitate to classify it as a cream ale, I did enjoy drinking Hijack, and I'd order it again over other summer-friendly Texas options like Saint Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower or Real Ale Fireman's 4.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »