Beck's Premier Light - Brauerei Beck & Co.

Beck's Premier LightBeck's Premier Light

awful

awful

Brauerei Beck & Co. visit their website
Germany

Light Lager |  2.30% ABV

(Beer added by: yeagerbm on 03-30-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Beck's Premier Light Alström Bros

I believe it was Travita who shared this wonderful elixir.

The beer pours a very light yellow color with a white head. The aroma is terrible. I get a lot of corn and something that smells like an ashtray. The flavor is just as bad if not worse. Heavy on the adjuncts with no hops at all. Light mouthfeel and medium carbonation. Absolutely awful.

Mora2000, Jul 05, 2010

CraigTravor, Jul 20, 2014

mwbrady12, Jul 17, 2013

Jenessa, Aug 09, 2012

my brother left this in the fridge when he was here visiting . let me say i hate light beer to begin with but this stuff was god awful and for some people to compare this to a nice glass of water clean your faucets water is way better then this mess. only good thing i can say is the becks labal always looks nice . next time i drink becks it will be oktoberfest or becks dark .

skullx, Aug 22, 2009

BMMillsy, Nov 03, 2014

djrn2, Dec 01, 2011
1.08/5  rDev -50.2%

12 oz bottle. Pale-straw hue with no head or lacing. Aroma is of apple juice, while body is of Sprite. The brew definitely has a taste because it differs from water. Quite a disgusting drink. Easily it is the worst beer I have ever tried. At least I did not buy it.

mikeg67, Mar 27, 2011

DrMindbender, Nov 10, 2014

VonZipper, Jun 03, 2014

crisis44, Jun 01, 2012

gater_ade, Sep 17, 2014
1.35/5  rDev -37.8%

My roommate's ex left one in the fridge so thought I'd crack it open and review it. Umm where to start... Two fingers worth of head that disappeared quickly. No lacing. Smell is very musty like a beer glass left over night at the night club. As far as taste, well there really isn't one. Comes down just like club soda almost. Very little taste, no mouth feel but leaves that carbonation tingle in the throat. I can't imagine ever drinking this again and I won't even be finishing this one.

bwmc, Mar 10, 2008
1.35/5  rDev -37.8%

Becks reminds me of cool German cars, so I thought the beer might be decent. You guessed it, wrong again. A poor pale color with a sad head. The nose is mellow as well as the taste. Real grainy and not much else. Average body but too much carbonation. Not very good.

Wow, did someone really make a 2.5% beer on purpose? Wow...

rye726, May 15, 2008
1.35/5  rDev -37.8%

64 Calories? Might be the lowest ever? I could care less.
Pours a yellow/faded gold color and looks a little on the bubbly side. The nose has a skunky edge to it. The flavor is gross. This absolutely tastes like a "diet" beer. Reminds me of sparkling water. This really does not taste like beer at all. The mouthfeel is ridiculous. So thin and watery, it almost disappears before you swallow the drink. I'm really struggling to find any good remarks about this beer.

jasonpeckins32, May 26, 2005
1.38/5  rDev -36.4%

This will be a short review, mainly because this beer is so short on actual flavor. This is so close to water that I was tempted to put it on ice, no kidding. Becks managed to combine the poor flavor of a non-alcoholic beer with the shortness of flavor of a light beer. I am not one for knocking a beer but this stuff is down right bad. The appearance is an unattractive one, weak head, and next to no color. Smell is not noteworthy by any means, nor the flavor. If your looking for a light beer, look ELSEWHERE!

variousartists, Nov 28, 2007
1.45/5  rDev -33.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Wow. Not what I expected. I expected a light beer with at least some flavor. This is THE most watered down beer I've ever tasted in my life. The taste isn't bad it's just nonexistant... Totally nonexistant. And the beer actually smells like tap water with a hint of malt. clear golden yellow water with some bubbles. That's all this is. What a waste of $7.99. I feel like such a sucker for buying this.

berserker256, May 17, 2008
1.48/5  rDev -31.8%

This beer poured the dullest shade of yellow with an ultra thin light white head, that was gone as quickly as it came with no residual lacing. The smell even in a tulip glass was a barely discernable light toasted malt. It drank like a cold glass of water with just a hint of malt flavor, absolutely no hops to speak off. Mouthfeel was thin and watery with some very mild carbonation. Overall its drinkable like a glass of water is drinkable, there is no enjoyment to be found in this beer. Easily the worst european beer I have ever had, and easily the most boring beer I have ever drank.

bashiba, Feb 20, 2007

tbryan5, Oct 15, 2013

acurtis, Jan 22, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -30.9%

Foamy white two finger head that dissipated in seconds, leaving little cling lace. Color is a 4 on the SRM beer color chart. Smell is a harsh wet corn and malt. Taste is really bad, flavors of wet grain and skunk. I think I run into a bad bottle and will rate again later. Mouthfeel is very watery. I think I could have another if I were really drunk, but I will not have another until I re rate.

beerprovedwright, Dec 15, 2010

Robyn, Jul 30, 2014

rsant, Feb 02, 2012

Lare453, Mar 22, 2013

aqualung23, Dec 24, 2013
Beck's Premier Light from Brauerei Beck & Co.