Beck's - Brauerei Beck & Co.

Beck'sBeck's

poor

poor

pDev: 24%
Brauerei Beck & Co. visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Bierman9 on 02-18-2002

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,826 | Reviews: 665
2.43/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.77/5  rDev +37.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This beer is better than all the Budweisers, millers, foster of the world.

I used stay in Los angeles sometime back, my staple used to be Gordon Biersch blonde bock, used be a very nice beer with excellent body, color and taste, slightly stronger, but then bock' are meant to be that way. Becks was my other favorite different beer styles but fantastic in it's own right. I haven't tasted a better lager than becks, but then i haven't been to Germany.

4.32/5  rDev +57.1%

The beer has a bit of a sulfur smell, and is bitter, but I like it, and its distinct flavor. Again, I think in a blind taste test it would do better.

3.84/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Clear, pale straw appearance with a thin white head. Shows good carbonation. Light aroma of bready malts and some grassy hops. Slight hint of skunkiness that disappeared quickly. Taste is of mild malts and hops with a nice lemon quality. Nice bit of bitterness on the finish. Good, mild-medium body. Finishes rather dry. Crisp and refreshing. Overall, a quality beer. It's approachable and more interesting than many other more mainstream beers.

12 oz bottle
Bottle Code: 15024 (I'm assuming this is a bottled on date - January 24, 2015)
Served in a Pilsner glass
Product of USA

3.47/5  rDev +26.2%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A German style lager, quite weak in taste, and very cheap. However, it still beats most local beers here in Finland by its competetive price and taste. An all-around "drinking" beer.

2.29/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.85/5  rDev +3.6%

Very inoffensive, nearly tasteless, not too carbonated beer. It's a decent cheap option if on sale and in my opinion better than a Bud Light or Miller but not good enough to justify buying it if it's significantly more than those options. This is a real "drinking" beer.

2.25/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.25/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.93/5  rDev +6.5%

For me it is one step up from fosters, heiniken, miller and bud. Nothing special but better than some of the other global brands. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy Beck's again but in a tight spot or given to me I would happily drink and enjoy it. It's just an ok, decent pilsner i guess.

1.62/5  rDev -41.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Kinda tastes like pee pee

2.51/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

3.21/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Yeah it's basically "cheaper beer" supposedly brewed in accordance with German Purity Law. In St. Louis MO! Ha haa. But at my local store, when my BAC is definitely over .08 I ride my damn bike for 5.99 a 6. I won't frown when I drink it!
It's a little more skunky than Fosters but in the same category also with Heineken.
Most often when I want a beer, I'd rather have a "Refreshing" beer than an over hopped, overly ambitious "Craft", "Micro" or some other beer that at least in Northern California passes as the standard. "Torpedo" from Sierra Nevada is a perfect example. Sure it's high gravity, who cares? It's Sour as F*&$ and not worth the $.
Sierra Nevada Crystal Wheat however is a good refreshing CA brew but not strong enough for the Winter! I want to support CA Breweries but I have not found a Domestic that I can say I love.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a CA or at least US brewed Bock or Doppel Bock? In the meantime I'll hit Bev Mo and get an import Bock...
Why don't U.S. and California "Micro" Breweries brew and bottle a Bock or Doppelbock or at least a "Malt Forward" Lager??? For those of us who are more into Malt than Hops! I'm stupefied at the Average Californian's taste for Beer!
Sláinte

Watery with no real flavor.

4.42/5  rDev +60.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Very refreshing and one of my favorite German Pilsner. Great clear color and best if it's ice cold. Smooth and clean ingredients won't give you any headaches even after you finish 6 bottles by yourself. ;)

3.29/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.02/5  rDev +9.8%

2.65/5  rDev -3.6%

Bright pale straw color. Weak 1 finger head, quickly dead.

Highly skunky smell with some corn. Faint bitter malt flavors, slightly citrus.

Light slick body with prickly carbonation. Faint and short bitter finish ending with a smoky skunky dry feel.

Overall : Too bland, almost no flavors. A little stale, missing some freshness.

2.9/5  rDev +5.5%

1.63/5  rDev -40.7%

no flavor. personally i don't want to have this beer again

1.91/5  rDev -30.5%

Way too carbonated with very little flavor. Not hoppy at all. It feels like drinking sparkling water. Struggled to finish a bottle.

3.73/5  rDev +35.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Green, the color of sickness, the color of sallow malevolence. This beer almost always comes in green bottles, which usually is indicative of skunky goodness. My best intentions led me to purchase this brew in cans, which led me down a path of darkness and pain. This is my own fault, and I abhor creation and the almighty himself for the suffering invoked after a night of consuming this blasphemous nectar. I awoke with a head pierced by a dagger of molten ore and pounding fury. My mouth was an arid, dessicated abyss where only demons and harlots dare tread. All of this, in the name of Teutonic superiority. Would I recommend this beer? If you wish to gaze into the the eyes of Satan, then wholeheartedly.

2.21/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Not a completely terrible beer, I just prefer more flavor in my beer

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Beck's from Brauerei Beck & Co.