Hamm's - Hamm's Brewing Co.

Hamm'sHamm's

poor

Hamm's Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.70% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hamm's Alström Bros

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

I know this site is full of elitists and beer snobs but Hamm's is without a doubt the best session beer available ever. Great taste and great value. Get off your high horse and give credit where credit is due because Hamm's is truly deserving. I just wish it was easier to find In New England.

2.25/5  rDev -15.4%

2.25/5  rDev -15.4%

1.5/5  rDev -43.6%

1.75/5  rDev -34.2%

3.57/5  rDev +34.2%

This is my go-to beer when I need a fridge filler for relatives and friends. I have stocked other adjunct lagers in the past that I felt are better, but when your guests choose this over more expensive beer, I'm not going to argue.

The appearance is a light straw color that is transparent with a thin head that dissipates quickly. Smells like corn with a slight sweet malt presence, clean but overall not much to speak of. The taste is sweet with a light hop presence, refreshing with a slightly thicker mouth feel than a stereotypical adjunct lager. No skunk flavors with a nice finish and no real aftertaste.

Overall this is an adjunct lager and I cant say it is a great beer. It serves it's purpose as a refreshing lawnmower companion and makes my relatives feel welcome in my home. My rating for this beer is strictly style based receiving an elevated score because of price, 15 bucks for a thirty pack. It's not my favorite Adjunct, but it is the cheapest one I am willing to drink and beats BMC seven days a week.

1.75/5  rDev -34.2%

3.6/5  rDev +35.3%

Milwaukee's Best used to be the cheapest 30-pack on the market, but now Hamm's has the cheapest 30-pack in town. A 30-pack of Hamm's is under $12 (before tax and bottle deposit), and the taste is decent. I'd say it's very similar to Red Dog, Busch, and Milwaukee's Best.

3.31/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Appearance:
Straw color, clear. Lots of carbonation rising up. Fairly nice head.

Aroma:
Cooked corn, grains, a little metallic.

Taste:
Sweet grain, a little grassy, crisp bitterness, just a touch of corn, slight dry finish. Light and watery, very crisp, well carbonated.

3.03/5  rDev +13.9%

Can't beat Hamms for the Price. $11 a 30 pack. $5 for a 12 pack. This is my go to if im being cheap. it's drinkable not good but its the cheapest available here and tastes better than beers for $2-3 more.

Note: I review for the style. I refuse to let my prejudices slant any review. Nothing worse than the typical beer snob reviewing an AAL, same for your AAL drinker reviewing a craft brew.

Hamm's from Hamm's Brewing Co.