Hamm's - Hamm's Brewing Co.

Hamm'sHamm's

poor

Hamm's Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.70% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 626 | Reviews: 234

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

2.25/5  rDev -15.4%

There is not a whole lot to say about this beer. Cost is appropriate. And of course expected results are met. I mean, really, this is a simple beer. Clean of any technical flaws for sure. Just not memorable. Great for summer sun re-hydration or kayaking trips.

3.3/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Thanks to Eric for hooking me up with a can of this. My bottom of the barrel ticks would be zero without your efforts to keep me in check.

Poured from a 12oz can into a pub glass. The brew appear a light straw yellow color with an eruption of carbonation that forms more than a finger and a half of white head. The cap maintains fairly decent for the style with larger than normal bubble pattern. A close inspection reveals the smallest amount of particulate that keeps the brew from having polished clarity.

The aroma has a zesty faint hop aspect that is mildly herbal and mixed with a sulfur touch. There is a mild sweetness, somewhat cheesy with a fruity ester to almost bubblegum quality but the herbal aspect is surprisingly in the forefront and is the leading characteristic of the very mild nose overall.

The taste has a little bit more sweetness than the aroma led on. It has a grainy sweet quality that mixes with a bit of fruity/bubblegum ester. Whereas the bit of herbal component in the nose was the leading character, it is all but missing in the flavor. A sulfur character brings up the back with a bit of cheesy quality.

This is a light bodied brew with a modest amount of carbonation. I dont know if it is the hot weather or lack of having a beer for awhile but I found this one to go down fairly easy considering the style. With the assortment of other mass produced products in this classification, you could do worse. If given the option of nothing but BMC products, I would probably choose this one over them.

2.5/5  rDev -6%

2.2/5  rDev -17.3%

Literally the very edge of the " cheap " corner of a beer shelf. Hamm's brings virtually nothing to the table in terms of anything. A transparent piss yellow color, With your average lager smell. Taste was slightly less appealing than Bud Light and the mouthfeel was all fizzy and carbonation. But, At $13.45 a 30 pack you can't really pass it up if you want to get a few people drunk for very cheap, Although I'd shell out a little bit extra for some Milwaukee's or Some Pabst. As a matter of fact, I washed this beer down with a Pabst

2.8/5  rDev +5.3%

A can poured into a pint glass.

The appearance is very typical of an American adjunct lager, which is what I expected. The smell is husky sweet grain with just a hint of hops, which is also what I expected. The taste is a little funny, but pretty much spot on for this style of beer. A nice sweetness balanced by just a hint of bitter- not enough bitterness to taste bitter, just enough to make the sweetness die down a bit. This beer might be a little more thin and watery than a lot of other American adjunct lagers though. The MF is typical.

I went and bought a case of Troeg's Perpetual and got one of these as a free sample (always have to take the free sample.) This gave me the chance to have a beer I would have otherwise probably never had. It is just a standard American lager, which I now believe is owned by Pabst, but another notch under the belt nonetheless. You have to love all of these old regional favorites that are still around. This isn't common in my area at all, but I bet it is much more prevalent in the Midwest. Cheers to Hamm'!

After some research I guess this is a MillerCoors product. My bad. And I do love the generic looking retro can. I have always loved those.

3.18/5  rDev +19.5%

12oz can
Served in a nonic pint glass

A - It pours pale yellow with a couple inches of white head.

S - I get some grain, biscuit, and a little skunk.

T - I get grain and grass. Maybe a little lemon zest.

M - Thin

O - It has a little more taste than others in this category. I appreciate the history of this beer as well as other rust belt beers so I'm kind of partial to it.

3.45/5  rDev +29.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

From the can stamped: SEP1012-CO8031534. Sampled on June 1, 2012. It pours a highly carbonated pale yellow with a head that rises about an inch and eventually settles down. I am rating this on whether it looks, smells, and tastes like and American Adjunct should. The look is right. The aroma is of grains, corn, and a bit of hops. The body is light to medium and creamy. The taste is also grainy, corny, but the hops finish it surprisingly crisp and clean. I stumbled across this in a beverage store in Southern New Hampshire and I have not seen Hamm's in New Hampshire since the 1980's. Easily worth the $3.75 I paid for the 6-pack.

1.75/5  rDev -34.2%

2.25/5  rDev -15.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Hamm's from Hamm's Brewing Co.