Microbrew Invitational

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 5
Reviews by DersOne:
3.5/5  rDev +87.2%

3.5/5  rDev +87.2%

Not as sweet as I expected for a stout with banana and chocolate, instead the flavor was roasted. However, since I wanted a sweet treat, I mixed this with some Three Twins vanilla ice cream. The two together were divine - the ice cream helped make up for the sweetness and creaminess that I wanted from this beer.

1.46/5  rDev -21.9%

Pours a light, tan head. Slight toasted malt aroma. Black. An odd, bitter, toasted flavor. No banana ANYWHERE. No chocolate ANYWHERE.

Avoid this at all costs, it is garbage. No one having this with me could even tolerate it. I was REALLY in love with this idea; I was hoping for a hefe's banana esthers and chocolatey stout. Instead, I got a bland, watery, unpleasantly flavored stout. Absolutely the most disappointing brew I've ever consumed; GREAT idea, poor execution.

I am not sure of they just start with a base, and then add extracts, hoping for the effects to materialize or what, but the execution is just SO FAR off from the idea. They're a new brewery, so I wanted to be forgiving, but this cost me $9 and not ONE person of a group of more than half a dozen could stomach this.

Banana Chocolate Stout from MobCraft Beer
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.