Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Mr. Orange - Tapistry Brewing

Mr. OrangeMr. Orange

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Tapistry Brewing visit their website

Witbier |  5.70% ABV

Beer added by: Danielr26 on 03-13-2014

2.68/5  rDev -13%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Undated can at 42 degrees into a SA “Perfect Pint”
Aroma weak, kind of medicine, no orange
Head large (Five cm, aggressive pour), off white, frothy/fizzy, rapidly diminishing to broken 1-2 mm ring and small island of tiny bubbles
Lacing – none
Body light yellow, cloudy, dark lumps in bottom of can
Flavor odd – lacks the yeasty phenolics of most witbiers, somewhat “chemical-ly” (not in a good way); no hops, no malt, no alcohol, no diacetyl, no orange – any of which would help the flavor
Palate medium, somewhat oily, lively carbonation

Appearance 3, Aroma 2.5, Flavor 2.5, Palate 3.5, Overall 2.75

2.87/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I haven't had many beers of this style and as such have little comparable information. This one poured a hazy yellow/gold color with a nice 1" white head that fades quickly.

Upon smelling the beer, I'm blasted with oranges and some coriander. Unfortunately this doesn't transfer to taste. I really didn't get any citrus taste; rather overpowering is the wheat/hay taste which I'm really not a fan of.

This one left a really bitter dry taste in my mouth (I love IPAs so I don't mind bitter in most cases), that really left little to be desired.

If offered a can/pour I wouldn't turn it down, but this is not one I'll be buying again.

1.22/5  rDev -60.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

For the sake of the brewery, I am hopeful that it was just a bad keg or dirty lines in the tap. But the smell and taste was dirty and left a horrible bitter aftertaste. I may try it again, but I'm afraid it would be similar to leaving curdled milk out for a week then giving it another taste to be sure that, indeed, it will never be a good taste.

3.58/5  rDev +16.2%

16 ounce can into pint glass, canned on 3/25/2015. Pours moderately hazy/cloudy golden orange color with a 1 finger dense white head with good retention, that reduces to a thin cap that lingers. Light spotty soapy lacing clings down the glass, with a fair amount of streaming carbonation. Aromas of lemon, orange, pear, apple, light banana, coriander, clove, wheat, bread, herbal, floral, and yeast earthiness. Nice and pleasant aromas with good balance of fruity/earthy yeast, spices, and pale malt notes; with solid strength. Taste of lemon, orange, pear, apple, light banana, coriander, clove, wheat, bread, herbal, floral, and yeast earthiness. Fair amount of earthy yeast/herbal spiciness on the finish; with lingering notes of lemon, orange, pear, apple, light banana, coriander, clove, wheat, bread, herbal, floral, and yeast earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Good robustness of fruity/earthy yeast, spices, and pale malt flavors; with a good malt/yeast/spice balance and no cloying flavors after the finish. Light-medium carbonation and body; with a smooth and fairly creamy/bready mouthfeel that is good. Alcohol is well hidden with minimal warming present after the finish. Overall this is good witbier style. All around good robustness and balance of fruity/earthy yeast, spices, and pale malt flavors; and very smooth to drink. Not much blood orange noticeable in the aromas or flavors; but an enjoyable offering as a general witbier.

look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

A hazy straw yellow with a barely there and quickly disappearing white head. Smell is of rose, chamomile, and sweet orange. Taste is of sweet orange (more orange-y then blood orange, only a hint of that) lots of spicy chamomile and a bit of a watery floral aftertaste. Crisp light mouth feel with a overall watered down flavor.

2.93/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

I picked up a can of Tapistry Brewing's Mr. Orange last week at The Lager Mill. I'm working my through the newly released Tapistry lineup and since it's a nice warm spring day I thought I would give this one a try, so lets see how it goes. Canning date was smudged. Poured from a tall 16oz can into a Weizen glass.

A- The can looks nice, it's got a nice design to it that goes well with the name and it's just a little eye catching. It poured a hazy golden orange color that takes on more of an orange hue when held to the light with a fingers worth of off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This is a pretty nice looking beer, but I wish the head and retention were just a little better.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with the spices being the first to show up and they impart some clove and coriander like aromas and it's followed by the oranges which impart a some nice orange peel like aroma with a little bit of orange juice like aroma also. Up next comes the malts which are a little on the lighter side with some sweet malts and wheat aromas coming through with some doughy yeast showing up in the background. This beer has a pretty nice aroma and it what I would expect from the style.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma, but much lighter and it starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with the spices still being the first to show up, but they are much lighter than they were in the aroma and single one sticks out the most. Up next comes the orange which is also much lighter than it was in the aroma and it imparts a lighter orange rind flavor. Up next comes some watery malt flavors with none of that doughy yeast that I got int the aroma and on the finish there's a lower amount medium bitterness with a watery malt and orange peel like aftertaste. The taste isn't that good, I wish it was much more like the aroma.

M- Not the smoothest, a little crisp, a little watery, on the very light side of being medium bodied with a lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but it could be much better.

Overall I didn't think was a good beer and it wasn't a good example of the style, when it came to the appearance and aroma it was nice, but once I got to the taste everything seemed to fall apart and it just wasn't good. This beer doesn't have good drinkability, it's not the smoothest, a little crisp, a little watery, not too filling and the taste doesn't do a good job at hold my attention, one is more than enough for me, after half way through I'm contemplating drain pouring it. What I like the most about this beer was the appearance and aroma, those were the highlights. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste, it just wasn't good. I wouldn't buy this beer again, it's not for me and I don't recommend it. All in all I didn't like this beer the watery malt, light orange peel and bitterness just didn't work for me. So far it's my least favorite beer from Tapistry and it's one of my least favorite examples of the style. This beer needs some major work better luck next time guys.

Mr. Orange from Tapistry Brewing
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.