Mr. Orange - Tapistry Brewing

Ratings: 21 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.78/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Beautiful translucent yellow/gold color, and great lacing. Looks good, but the taste left me wanting more orange. Mild carbonation, and clean finish.

2.93/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

I picked up a can of Tapistry Brewing's Mr. Orange last week at The Lager Mill. I'm working my through the newly released Tapistry lineup and since it's a nice warm spring day I thought I would give this one a try, so lets see how it goes. Canning date was smudged. Poured from a tall 16oz can into a Weizen glass.

A- The can looks nice, it's got a nice design to it that goes well with the name and it's just a little eye catching. It poured a hazy golden orange color that takes on more of an orange hue when held to the light with a fingers worth of off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This is a pretty nice looking beer, but I wish the head and retention were just a little better.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with the spices being the first to show up and they impart some clove and coriander like aromas and it's followed by the oranges which impart a some nice orange peel like aroma with a little bit of orange juice like aroma also. Up next comes the malts which are a little on the lighter side with some sweet malts and wheat aromas coming through with some doughy yeast showing up in the background. This beer has a pretty nice aroma and it what I would expect from the style.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma, but much lighter and it starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with the spices still being the first to show up, but they are much lighter than they were in the aroma and single one sticks out the most. Up next comes the orange which is also much lighter than it was in the aroma and it imparts a lighter orange rind flavor. Up next comes some watery malt flavors with none of that doughy yeast that I got int the aroma and on the finish there's a lower amount medium bitterness with a watery malt and orange peel like aftertaste. The taste isn't that good, I wish it was much more like the aroma.

M- Not the smoothest, a little crisp, a little watery, on the very light side of being medium bodied with a lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but it could be much better.

Overall I didn't think was a good beer and it wasn't a good example of the style, when it came to the appearance and aroma it was nice, but once I got to the taste everything seemed to fall apart and it just wasn't good. This beer doesn't have good drinkability, it's not the smoothest, a little crisp, a little watery, not too filling and the taste doesn't do a good job at hold my attention, one is more than enough for me, after half way through I'm contemplating drain pouring it. What I like the most about this beer was the appearance and aroma, those were the highlights. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste, it just wasn't good. I wouldn't buy this beer again, it's not for me and I don't recommend it. All in all I didn't like this beer the watery malt, light orange peel and bitterness just didn't work for me. So far it's my least favorite beer from Tapistry and it's one of my least favorite examples of the style. This beer needs some major work better luck next time guys.

2.31/5  rDev -33.6%

Tastes like bitter orange peel

to view more.