Thick Freakness - Steel String Brewery

Beer added by: Bung on 02-27-2014

Reviews by Bung:
4/5  rDev n/a

3.83/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev n/a

4.06/5  rDev n/a

3.5/5  rDev n/a

3.96/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

This is the third beer I've tried from Steel String, and having enjoyed them, my expectations were pretty high. I poured it from a 22oz bottle into my snifter glass. Right away I noticed that the beer wasn't as thick as I had anticipated. I think because of the name, I was expecting it to pour like motor oil. The aroma is full of milk chocolate with a little bit of roasted barley. Also smells a little hot. The mouthfeel on this beer is super silky and full bodied. I love it when stouts use wheat to give it a creamy texture. The flavor has some sweet chocolate and caramel flavors up front followed by some coffee notes and some roastyness. There is some hop bitterness on the end that lingeres for a bit, but not in a bad away. Overall this is a very well rounded stout with a great texture and flavors that really surpassed the aroma. It is another really good offering from a newer brewery that I think is going to be putting out some great beers for a long time.

4/5  rDev n/a

3.67/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Thick Freakness from Steel String Brewery
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.