Sierra Blanca Roswell Alien Amber - Sierra Blanca Brewing Company (Rio Grande)

Sierra Blanca Roswell Alien AmberSierra Blanca Roswell Alien Amber

Sierra Blanca Brewing Company (Rio Grande) visit their website
New Mexico, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: Gusler on 07-22-2004

We have blended eight different types of barley to create this amber ale. It appeals to the largest segment of craft beer drinkers who enjoy a smooth, malty ale with no hop bitterness.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 132 | Reviews: 57

3.25/5  rDev +5.2%

2.75/5  rDev -11%

3.26/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Surprisingly, I found nothing bad or overly dull about this gimmicky beer. I like that it stays in theme. Seems the entire town of Roswell is a gimmick. Not that I have a problem with that. Anyway, onto the beer, it definitely stands out from the amber ale crowd. It's got a yeasty thickness and a distinct taste of wheat. It's got little to no hop bitterness. These are things I generally appreciate in a beer, but all in all, I can't really say I find anything pleasant about this beer. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it could use a hop or two. I would say this nice yeasty beer is basically "OK" as far as the flavour going on and I absolutely wouldn't suggest drinking it anywhere near Roswell. Not refreshing at all. Maybe up in the mountains, it'd be pleasant, but not at its craft brew price tag. I regret saying anything bad about a beer that's trying to stay away from hops, but I would not buy this again. It's decent, but not worth paying for.

3.28/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Reddish-brown, clear, decent head and sparse lace.

Aroma and flavor is quite malty, caramel malt, sweetness, a little herbal and a little earthy.

Body is pretty light, and despite the low IBUs, bittered enough to be pretty balanced. Carbonation is low but ample enough.

Overall it's not fantastic, but it's refreshing enough that I'll enjoy each of the six bottles quite nicely.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Sierra Blanca Roswell Alien Amber from Sierra Blanca Brewing Company (Rio Grande)