Chasin' Tail IPA - de Lazy Lizard Brewing Company

Chasin' Tail IPAChasin' Tail IPA

de Lazy Lizard Brewing Company visit their website
Maryland, United States

(Beer added by: Lazy_Lizard on 10-27-2013)
Reviews by onedogtwodog:

onedogtwodog, Apr 03, 2014

Skabiski, Sep 07, 2014
2.9/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a dark golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is hoppy, a bit of malts as well. Taste is very hoppy, bitter, dry, not really any pine or citrus, just bitterness. There is a bit of malts at the finish. Feels medium bodied and bitter in the mouth, and overall, I didn't much care for this beer.

tone77, Feb 02, 2014

Cook82, Aug 05, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +26.3%

JOldewurtel, May 14, 2014
2.28/5  rDev -23.2%

Whoa! I think that my local, in-person trader, tone77, may be throwing me a bone here. He dropped off a couple of these the other night in furtherance of The CANQuest (TM), but he has not reviewed it himself! That's a friend, right there, folks. And now, without further ado, the first CAN review on this website ...

From the CAN: "Aluminum [CAN]s make cool Christmas ornaments". Truer words ...

It is actually "Chasin' Tail IPA" and I have sent an update. This was my second straight squirter from these guys thanks to it being a pregnant CAN, filled right to the hilt! I still managed to CANduct an inverted Glug, resulting in a pseudo-cascade. It quickly settled into a soapy, foamy finger of tawny head with decent retention. Color was a cloudy copper (SRM = > 13, < 17). Nose had a pungent mintiness along with the same metallic tang that I noted in Ocean City Boardwalk Copper, suggesting that it may be a by-product of their particular yeast strain. It was more odd than off-putting. Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was totally unbalanced in favor of bittering hops. Whoa! I am a self-avowed hophead and this caused me to make a "Bitter Beer Face". No bueno. It now occurs to me that the cloudiness may be the result of dry hopping to the point of saturation and beyond. Ugh. Man, I have jonsed before and sucked on a hop pellet to get a kick, but I was not looking for that sensation from a CANned AIPA. Finish was puckeringly dry and even kind of unpleasant. They need to revisit the recipe and go a bit less heavy-handed on the hops. I got some malt on the finish, but not enough to redeem it. The sticky lacing that remained in the glass left me sad as I was going to have to jackhammer it out later. Sometimes, The CANQuest (TM) hits a clinker.

woodychandler, Jan 29, 2014