DC Mountain Double IPA - Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co

Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co visit their website
Arizona, United States

Beer added by: orangesol on 02-21-2014

Formerly Dos Cabezas Double IPA

This batch is pretty awesome. Citra, Galaxy, Centennial, Columbus, Chinook, and Cascade whole cone all come together for hoppy 8.4% ABV bliss.
to view more.
Ratings: 48 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by laglocal:

Mom always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

This is the opposite situation- this beer is phenomenal. I need to tell everyone.

Major IPA snob here: from Alpine to RR to Double Mountain I've searched out the best IPAs that I could find.

This is one of the all time best.

Enjoy.

4.55/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I've had three cycles of this so far, and everyone has been consistantly delicious.

A- It's a nice clean look for an IPA

S- Being a hop head I had a field day with all of the grassy, flowery, sunshine and miracle aromas the beer provides. Makes me immediately want to chug it and or get it as a cologne

T- Taste very much like it smells with a wonderful hop first and last taste. Nice amount of alcohol and flavors of everything from sweet to grapefruit to pepper.

M- I can tell you this - it felt good in my mouth, with a light bubbly feel and thin and crisp body

O- Being a huge Stone and Dogfish Head fan I really enjoy this IPA up there with them. Great for almost any meal I love drinking it in the sun (we happen to get over 300 days of that a year here) and just as good from the growler weeks later.

4.53/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap served in a nonic

Color is clear gold with a two-finger white head. Retention and lacing are decent. Smell is wonderful - lots of dank, tropical and citrus aromas all blended together. Can't wait to see if it tastes as good as it smells. Yes, it does! It blends the same complex hop flavors on my tongue as it did on my nose with just a touch of malt as well. Finish is bitter, but not overly astringent. Body is medium with good carbonation. Overall, this is the best beer I've had in Arizona and it ranks up with some of the best in the US.

to view more.