Crooked Trail Harvest Ale - Sockeye Grill & Brewery

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: JohnGalt1 on 12-06-2008

3.53/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Auburn colored pour, head just right, about 1" and chillin'. Smell was less aromatic than the dagger falls ipa, but still nonetheless hoppy with a discernable almost caramel and woody aspect to it.

Mild spice base malt feel brings this around to fitting the red/amber style category, hops are old school hops I suspect. Old school, yet fresh hops, can ya dig it? Would like to have seen it a little drier, the caramel/red/irish sweetness I'd swap out for more dry hopping, just the hopping, wish it were more, for something labeled a harvest ale.

A solid beer, but not the top dog at this place. (599 characters)

4.5/5  rDev n/a

A: Poured from tap into a pint glass, it showed a terrific copper color with a thick tall cream-colored head which left nice lacing as it slowly dissipated.

S: Great malt and hops blend. Caramel and roasted smells with an earthy hop aroma mixed in.

T: I like drinking this one when I go to Sockeye Brewery. It has the right balance of malt sweetness, roasted flavors up front, and hops flavor and bitterness in the finish. Definately not a lop-sided beer.

M: This is no weakling. I like the fuller texture this beer portrays, not watery or thin.

D: The sweet/roast up front and slight bitterness in the end, coupled with a full texture make this one good all the way through to last drop. I can't have just one. (716 characters)

4.28/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Jason coaxed me (willingly of course) into getting a growler fill tonight... I am glad he did.

I am torn on what to call/classify this brew so I am gonna say American Amber...

Poured into my shaped SA glass... sharing with Brenda...

Nice 2 finger head with a ton of lingering lace... the brew is polished lite rust... sorta orange amber.. very pretty.

Nose is toasty malts with a surprising spicy/earthy hoppy component that plays very well... very clean.

Flavor mirrors the aroma perfectly.. rich toasted maltiness.. with a great lingering earthy hoppiness... there is a little bit of yeasty fruitiness that really only shows up as it really warms up... reminds me alot of an Octoberfest; yet made in the great PNW style... body is medium with a smooth carbonation.. finish is looong an toasty... and a nice spicy noble hop twang... very very drinkable.

If I had to guess... This was a very nice mash up Munich malts and quite a smack of German style nobles... very nicely done... I could drink this often and alot at a sitting.

4.5/4/4.5/3.5/4.5 (1,056 characters)

Crooked Trail Harvest Ale from Sockeye Grill & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.