Wheach - O'Fallon Brewery

O'Fallon Brewery visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.10% ABV

Beer added by: Skidz on 06-03-2005

Imagine our smooth, clean wheat beer with a touch of peach and you get the idea behind O'Fallon Wheach, our peach wheat beer. Light, refreshing and crisp, it's perfect for any occasion!

Ratings: 427 | Reviews: 178
4.92/5  rDev +37.8%

This is an excellent beer!! Unless you don't care for the taste of peaches. It's not overly peachy though, in my opinion. This is definitely a favorite beer of mine!

4.84/5  rDev +35.6%

If I am drinking beer from a CAN and my last one was Schlafly's Summer Ale, I am not likely to stray far. For those not in the know, O'Fallon is about 35 miles due west along I-70 from Saint Loius and I am forever grateful to carln26 for taking me out there during the summer of '06 during my July visit. Kathleen shipped the stray Mr. Moose to me in an empty (!) Wheach box, but given Mr. Moose's state, it may have been full when it was shipped.

From the CAN: "We love beer.", "Riverfront Times 2007 Best Beer in St. Louis" and their website and phone number. "Hello, CAN you send me some more Wheach? and fill up the rest of the box with Smoke?" I'm like the little piggy on the Geico commercial - Wheee!

Crack & Glug time, if there is to be a review. It never ceases to amaze me what an inverted CAN pour will produce. I got a finger of fluffy, bone-white head with only moderate retention, but it looked nice while it lasted. Color was a cloudy peach-yellow (sorry). Nose was peachy keen, yo! Man, did that take me back. We used to pick peaches in a county orchard when I was but a wee lad and this was what it smelled like!

That reminds me - this beer should be accompanied by "Peaches" from the Presidents of the USA. Beer is better with music.

I'm back. Mouthfeel was medium with a taste like having run a knife from pole to pole around a fresh peach (circumnavigating the Equator is for know-nothings), giving it a quick quarter-turn, removing the pit and squeezing the juice right into your mouth. Peachy! Finish was equally peachy.

Bottom line: If you like peaches (and I do), you will really dig this. If you are filling the cooler, this should go in last, right on top. You could show up at the beach lonely, crack one of these and you would be swarmed by honeys. I mean, honey bees. CAN't be sexist in this day and age.

4.56/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

It tastes like peaches and I like peaches.

4.56/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Exactly what one would expect from a peach wheat beer...very refreshing.

4.55/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a pale yellow orange with a fluffy white 1/2" head that stays pretty thick throughout. This beer is very hazy. The smell when I first opened the bottle was pale wheat and malt but once in the glass the aroma of fresh peaches filled the air in my immediate vicinity. Sticking my nose in the glass and the smell of sweet, fresh peaches is pretty much all you can smell. The taste is the typical light malts and pale wheat of an average American Pale Wheat ale but then the fresh peaches explode in your mouth. There are really no off flavors or they are just very well masked by the peach. The wheat and the peach work well together and I believe without the peach this could stand alone as a very good Pale Wheat Ale. The mouthfeel is creamy and smooth. The carbonation is there but is not overpowering or harsh. It actually helps give the peach a slight twang. Drinkability on this is amazing and I am upset I have waited over a year to try this beer. I'll probably pick up a case for the beach in August. This is probably the greatest fruit beer I have ever had!

4.47/5  rDev +25.2%

Sampled last night on 5/20/14 but had this once before about 2 years ago. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a pilsner flute glass.

Pours a hazy golden amber in color with a thin white head. Some spotty lacing was seen. Lots of streaming bubbles is seen rising from the bottom of the glass, perfect carbonation actually. The aroma is very pleasant and the peaches comes through very nicely but isn't overdone along with the wheat. The taste is the same and is a perfect mix of flavors and once again, is isn't overdone. Crisp and smooth and so easy to drink. A great brew for the warmer months or actually anytime.

4.42/5  rDev +23.8%

This poured a hazy golden color with a thick white head that dissipates into some light lacing after a few minutes. Very pleasant peach smell that reminded me of fresh peaches. I thought the taste had just the right amount of sweet fruitiness that was very subtle and not overwhelming. This is a very refreshing wheat beer that is perfect on those hot sticky summer days, especially while around a hot grill. This is definately one of the best fruit beers I've tasted.

4.34/5  rDev +21.6%

Enjoyed on-tap @ iTap House- Chesterfield, MO for $3. Tapped into a pint glass from the Wooden handle w/ the "Wheach PacMan" on it and enjoyed only one before the Firestone Parabola!

Aroma- A candied peach aroma upfront and a sweetness that makes you want a taste more than ever! Nothing better.

Appearance- Nice hazy, but bright orange body with a 1 finger head that stays for a good minute or two. Minimal lace but still has it.

Flavor- Starts with a nice Hefeweizen taste and then breaks into the sweetness. Almost like biting into a peach and then the aftertaste of the peach comes around and stays for a good while.

Mouthfeel- Light-Medium Bodied, Medium Carbonation, and decent aftertaste of peach but more wheat in the mouthfeel. Still great!

Overall Impression- Perfect summer beer from St. Louis! Very glad O'Fallon is up and running again. One of my top 10 favorite beers and has one of the best drinkability's possible. Will be having in bottle and can all summer long and you should be too.
Cheers!

4.32/5  rDev +21%

Good in the winter, but IMO better in the summer. Definitely one of my go to beers

4.32/5  rDev +21%

i like this beer a lot. Strong peach smells and flavor, well-balanced, not too peachy, not too malty.. nice

if you're in to flavored beers this should be near the top of the list, i typically don't have to many, just this and sam cherry wheat, but i like both quite a bit. not an every day brew, but a great seasonal and i look forward to next season.. quality brew from an interesting and pretty good brewery, thumbs up!

4.32/5  rDev +21%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance - a cloudy, dull, brackish kind of yellow. A finger of solid white foam that melts down to a bare watery cover. Sparse lace but a nice start.

Aroma - fragrant peach, very floral and not nearly as sweet as I was expecting. Fresh with an occasional whiff of graininess. Not very wheaty but the overall nose is appealing.

Taste - a good mix of peach and wheat. Again, not that sugary at all. A full juicy flavor that stays enough within style to stay interesting and thirst quenching. The aftertaste has a very mild hop element. Fading fruit as it winds down, drier but still very flavorful.

Mouthfeel - smooth with an active but mellowed carbonation level.

Drinkability - a super summer pick, an ideal seasonal for this most hot and humid season.

4.32/5  rDev +21%

A: cloudy golden straw w/orange highlights. nice white head and lacing.
S: fresh peaches dominate, with some wheat beer notes underneath.
T: lightly sweet bready malt, peaches. has a lightly sourish twang from the peaches and wheat. not too puckerish though. finishes dry and crisp with peach flavor lingering. the peach character is just right in this one, while allowing just enough of the base beer to show through.
M: light-bodied, frothy, crisp. a good summer beer.
D: one of the better fruit beers i've had, not too sweet, not too sour, not cough syrupy at all. a light bodied refresher and certainly worth a try if you like peaches.
i like this stuff and i'm not afraid to admit it. very well done.

4.29/5  rDev +20.2%

A - Cloudy peach brew looks juicy and thick, like nectar. the head is a solid two fingers, and lasts for several minutes before reducing to a white cap. A good amount of lace is left on the glass, but slides quickly back into the beer.

S - Juicy peach and mango nectar. This smells profoundly like fleshy peaches and sweet mango! My fiance had a mango margarita last night that was made with real mango nectar and this is remarkably similar to that. I also smell some fruity mango or peach flavored bubblegum. Nice!

T - The flavors are really ffresh, fleshy, and juicy, but don't quite live up to the glorious nose. This is pretty good stuff! Fruit beers are almost always artificial and overly sweet, but this is neither. It's balanced, tangy, sweet, and a little yeasty.

M - Medium bodied and citrus fresh on the palate. This is really thirst quenching and satisfying.

D - Probably the best non-lambic fruit flavored beer that I've ever had! I could sink a six of this in the summer no problem. I usually avoid fruit beers, but this is a really nice exception to the rule. I've gotta make it down to O'Fallon soon, since I live so close.

4.24/5  rDev +18.8%

I had this before and can't remember if it was a great fruit beer. Lets see if my palate can judge better now.

A - pale as expected with a slight haze. No foam with a mild lace suggest I may have gotten an older bottle.

S - Peach is pretty strong in the nose with a wheat base. Everything expected from a wheat fruit beer.

T - Sweet peach flavor with a bit of a tart base. No real wheat which leaves instead of a bitter finish, well a sweet one. Unexpected since wheat is strong in the nose that it would be pretty much peach. Enjoyable but one dimensional.

M - Very light in fact I would drink a sixer and keep standing.

D - Well I don't really know any place with a sixer and I believe the individual was around 2.50 so if the six pack was around 10 bucks if I found it, I would get it. Pretty decent fruit beer that delivers great body and tart fruit taste.

4.22/5  rDev +18.2%

The color of this beer is a brilliant yellowish-orange, with a nice 1/4 of white head on it. As you can expect with a name like Wheach, this beer has a strong peach aroma. This beer has a great taste; with a big wheat flavor right up front followed by a sweet peach finish, with absolutely no bitterness.

4.19/5  rDev +17.4%

Appearance is a cloudy, pale yellow. Thin head that dissipates fast and leaves a sparse layer of bubbles. Little lacing.

Smell is of fresh peaches, wheat and yeast. Has a "bright" lemony, sparkling smell to it. Yum!

Taste is strongly of peaches, but also with enough wheat background to make it pleasant and well-balanced. Very tasty.

Mouthfeel is light and somewhat watery. Very bubbbly and summery, though.

Drinkability is top-notch. Goes down smoothly, leaves a great taste and plenty of room for more.

Wheach is one of my all-time favorite fruit beers, and on a short list of preferred summer beers. The peaches are delicious but not overpowering, and overall this brew is refreshing and perfect for a hot summer's day. A fine offering from O'Fallon.

4.19/5  rDev +17.4%

A- A very hazy, pale yellow beer with a thick and creamy white head. The liquid is pretty thick looking beceause the haze will not disperse fully throughout the liquid.

S- Loads of peaches with some flowers and honey. There is a biscuity malt undertone as well. This actually smells great.

T- Sweet, but not too sweet. The peach flavor is very appealing and nice for something different. This may make a great summer session beer... if the ABV were know, it would help.

M- The carbonation is very nice. There is a bit of creaminess to this as well as some tartness.

D- An enjoyable beer that is nice for a change. I wasn't expecting much, but this is seriously worth trying.

4.19/5  rDev +17.4%

I had to grab this bottle with the happy fruit on the label. It pours a very light hazy yellow color with a small head that falls to a light coating over top of the brew. The nose is very peachy, almost artificial, with a wheaty background. I like it. The flavor is just okay. The flavor is not as intense as the nose, but there is definately a nice sweet peachyness playing pretty well with a standard american wheat. Not bad. The feel is moderate with a moderate carbonation. As far as a peach beer goes, this is a gem in my book. I made one last summer and this is definately better than mine. I would drink this by the case in the summer as a quencher.

4.16/5  rDev +16.5%

This is probably one of the best fruit beers I’ve ever tasted. The peach is not too forward, yet it is still very peachy. In the nose and the flavor. Wheat charactor is evident by the cloudy appearance, and silky smooth palate. I recommend to anybody.

4.13/5  rDev +15.7%

A: A hazy muted straw color, soapy white head with no lacing

S: like a big juicy peach smacking you in the nose, very pleasant smell. There is just a touch of malt and wheat hanging around

T: Not as peachy as i thought it would be. I got more malt and wheat flavors with just a touch of peach thrown in.

M: dry and medium bodied, well carbonated

O: pretty good beer, I really enjoyed the big peach smell but I expected it to be a bit sweeter than it was. That said it was still very enjoyable and a fine representation of a fruit beer.

4.13/5  rDev +15.7%

12 oz into a pint

A - Pours a hazy straw color, almost 2-3SRM. Little head formation, but it does leave behind a light white film. Carbonation is obvious, but not strong.

S - A nice peach scent - very fruity and pleasant. It is well matched with some orangish hop in the background.

T - Starts off with a fruity peach note, sweet. Mid-stream is fairly flat, with only the lightest bitterness forming. No hop note. Finishes with more of the peach sweetness, with more of an acidic sour balance forming.

M - Moderate body - carbonation bite is present, stinging. Leave behind a light sugar clinging.

D - Easy drinking. ABV is manageable. Flavor is easy, smooth. Very much a summer beer.

4.12/5  rDev +15.4%

A: Pours a hazy pale golden color. It appears very effervescent but it doesn't produce that much head. The white head, while thin, persists throughout the entire event but produces little to no lacing.

S: Nice peach aroma without being over the top accompanied with a little bready wheat. There is a little sweet malt aroma in the background.

T: I was hoping for a nice fruit base that would be a thirst quencher. This one satisfied that desire. Well-balanced flavors that don't over power the taste buds. Peach, wheat... Don't really detect any hops.

M: On the higher end of the carbonation spectrum - a little burn - but not bad. Medium to light bodied that feels a little creamy.

D: This one I had purchased to try in beer bread but changed my mind and drank it instead. I'm not disappointed but I feel that there could have been more to this one. It's worth the try.

4.12/5  rDev +15.4%

Pours a cloud pale yellow color with a small white head.

Scent of peach syrup and wheat. I wasn't really expecting much, but the peach and wheat characters blend together nicely.

Taste of peaches, citrus, and wheat. Light and tasty, a refreshing warm weather beer.

Mouthfeel is light bodied with strong carbonation.

I will be drinking this one regularly in the summer months to come, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

4.11/5  rDev +15.1%

12 oz. bottle poured into a pint glass.

Pours a clear, pale straw with one finger of fizzy white head that fades quickly into a sparse, spotty film across the surface. Clear, but not crisp. Not a great looker.

Nose is fresh, ripe peaches, with a strong wheaty backbone.

Starts off with a big, quick hit of ripe peach up front, followed quickly by a strong bread-like wheat backbone. Even with how prominent the peach is, there's no denying this is clearly a wheat, which is surprising. Somehow the peach manages to be big and bold without being intrusive.

Light to medium body. Crisp and clean, with enough carbonation to make it refreshing. A great summer beer. Quenching and easy to drink. I'm a fan.

4.07/5  rDev +14%

Pours a cloudy gold color with very little head. The aroma is peach-tastic. So much peach that you can smell it as soon as the bottle was opened. The taste is crisp and notnearl as sickly sweet as I would have expected based on the aroma. The peach flavor still dominates the flavor, but otherwise this wheat is very, very drinkale. I hate everything else I've ever had from O'fallons except this beer. I gladly bought a whole case of this.

Wheach from O'Fallon Brewery