Wheach - O'Fallon Brewery

O'Fallon Brewery visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.10% ABV

Beer added by: Skidz on 06-03-2005

Imagine our smooth, clean wheat beer with a touch of peach and you get the idea behind O'Fallon Wheach, our peach wheat beer. Light, refreshing and crisp, it's perfect for any occasion!

4.96/5  rDev +38.9%

4.92/5  rDev +37.8%

This is an excellent beer!! Unless you don't care for the taste of peaches. It's not overly peachy though, in my opinion. This is definitely a favorite beer of mine!

4.84/5  rDev +35.6%

If I am drinking beer from a CAN and my last one was Schlafly's Summer Ale, I am not likely to stray far. For those not in the know, O'Fallon is about 35 miles due west along I-70 from Saint Loius and I am forever grateful to carln26 for taking me out there during the summer of '06 during my July visit. Kathleen shipped the stray Mr. Moose to me in an empty (!) Wheach box, but given Mr. Moose's state, it may have been full when it was shipped.

From the CAN: "We love beer.", "Riverfront Times 2007 Best Beer in St. Louis" and their website and phone number. "Hello, CAN you send me some more Wheach? and fill up the rest of the box with Smoke?" I'm like the little piggy on the Geico commercial - Wheee!

Crack & Glug time, if there is to be a review. It never ceases to amaze me what an inverted CAN pour will produce. I got a finger of fluffy, bone-white head with only moderate retention, but it looked nice while it lasted. Color was a cloudy peach-yellow (sorry). Nose was peachy keen, yo! Man, did that take me back. We used to pick peaches in a county orchard when I was but a wee lad and this was what it smelled like!

That reminds me - this beer should be accompanied by "Peaches" from the Presidents of the USA. Beer is better with music.

I'm back. Mouthfeel was medium with a taste like having run a knife from pole to pole around a fresh peach (circumnavigating the Equator is for know-nothings), giving it a quick quarter-turn, removing the pit and squeezing the juice right into your mouth. Peachy! Finish was equally peachy.

Bottom line: If you like peaches (and I do), you will really dig this. If you are filling the cooler, this should go in last, right on top. You could show up at the beach lonely, crack one of these and you would be swarmed by honeys. I mean, honey bees. CAN't be sexist in this day and age.

4.75/5  rDev +33.1%

4.75/5  rDev +33.1%

4.56/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

It tastes like peaches and I like peaches.

4.55/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a pale yellow orange with a fluffy white 1/2" head that stays pretty thick throughout. This beer is very hazy. The smell when I first opened the bottle was pale wheat and malt but once in the glass the aroma of fresh peaches filled the air in my immediate vicinity. Sticking my nose in the glass and the smell of sweet, fresh peaches is pretty much all you can smell. The taste is the typical light malts and pale wheat of an average American Pale Wheat ale but then the fresh peaches explode in your mouth. There are really no off flavors or they are just very well masked by the peach. The wheat and the peach work well together and I believe without the peach this could stand alone as a very good Pale Wheat Ale. The mouthfeel is creamy and smooth. The carbonation is there but is not overpowering or harsh. It actually helps give the peach a slight twang. Drinkability on this is amazing and I am upset I have waited over a year to try this beer. I'll probably pick up a case for the beach in August. This is probably the greatest fruit beer I have ever had!

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +26.1%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

4.47/5  rDev +25.2%

Sampled last night on 5/20/14 but had this once before about 2 years ago. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a pilsner flute glass.

Pours a hazy golden amber in color with a thin white head. Some spotty lacing was seen. Lots of streaming bubbles is seen rising from the bottom of the glass, perfect carbonation actually. The aroma is very pleasant and the peaches comes through very nicely but isn't overdone along with the wheat. The taste is the same and is a perfect mix of flavors and once again, is isn't overdone. Crisp and smooth and so easy to drink. A great brew for the warmer months or actually anytime.

4.42/5  rDev +23.8%

This poured a hazy golden color with a thick white head that dissipates into some light lacing after a few minutes. Very pleasant peach smell that reminded me of fresh peaches. I thought the taste had just the right amount of sweet fruitiness that was very subtle and not overwhelming. This is a very refreshing wheat beer that is perfect on those hot sticky summer days, especially while around a hot grill. This is definately one of the best fruit beers I've tasted.

Wheach from O'Fallon Brewery