2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Cocoa Latte Stout - O'Fallon Brewery

Cocoa Latte Stout
No picture uploaded.

O'Fallon Brewery visit their website
Missouri, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  5.90% ABV

We changed our Cocoa Cream Stout slightly this year by adding coffee! The base beer is a rich Cream Stout with soft, roasted, chocolate, caramel and coffee notes which we enhance with coffee and un-Dutched natural cocoa powder for a rich and intense balance between the two ingredients. We also use lactose (milk sugar) to add a subtle creamy sweetness to give the beer its Latte characteristic.

(Beer added by: Smextongo on 05-27-2013)
View: Beers (15) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
mikeburd1128

3.94/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Draft only but was able to grab a bottle from the brewery. This review is from late December 2012.

A - Dark brown, almost black. Very minimal head, if any.

S - Nice roasty notes with some chocolate - what you'd expect.

T - Was very enjoyable. More of what I experienced in the nose. Nothing overly complex, but very drinkable.

M - Lacking. This was the biggest let down. On the thin side of what you'd expect from a stout.

O - I enjoyed this one. It made me maybe think twice about O'fallon in the future.

09-13-2013 02:25:26 | More by mikeburd1128
Smextongo

Indiana

4.9/5  rDev +10.1%

I had this beer quite a while ago so bear with me while I try to remember it.

A: Very dark brown with a tan head.

S: Very sweet but also somewhat bitter from the coffee in it.

T: Incredibly creamy and rich. It's not dense at all and it has a slight bitterness to it from the coffee.

M: Honestly, it lives up to its name. Your mouth is left feeling like you just drank a latte. It leaves your mouth feeling just slightly dry.

O: Fantastic beer that blew me away with the creamy taste. I love beers with coffee and chocolate and this was amazing.

It was supposedly only brewed in December 2012 and was only available on-tap. Hopefully it comes back in the winter again.

05-27-2013 04:57:42 | More by Smextongo
Cocoa Latte Stout from O'Fallon Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.