Belgoo Saisonneke - Brasserie La Binchoise (Malterie des Remparts)

Belgoo SaisonnekeBelgoo Saisonneke

pDev: n/a
Brasserie La Binchoise (Malterie des Remparts) visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  4.40% ABV

(Beer added by: shigg85 on 06-27-2013)
3.81/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

330ml bottle poured into a Delirium Tremens tulip glass

Look: Cloudy straw yellow - stupendous amount of head with some serious staying power; a couple of pours were required even for the small bottle.

Smell: Distinctly floral with citrusy overtones and a slight mustiness. It's not the most fragrant of beers but it's hardly an unpleasant smell either.

Taste: Fairly bitter and hoppy, with that citrus flavour poking through - saisons are a fairly new thing for me so I lack any real reference points. Quite a hoppy finish, though.

Feel: Fairly fizzy, as witnessed by the massive amounts of head even after careful pouring. That said, after the initial hoppiness the finish is quite smooth and fruity with a slightly bitter aftertaste.

Overall: I haven't sampled many saisons so there's not a lot I can compare it to - the flavour and, particularly, smell are different to say the least. Would be an interesting one to try on tap, I suspect.

3.25/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

3.5/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

Had this on tap at the St. Bernardus taproom in Kanda, Tokyo. Poured into a chalice. A nice dry-hopped Belgian saison without much bitterness to it. Really more of a flowery-citrus flavor going on than anything else. Overall, I liked this saison just fine, but I also appreciate that bitterness, and when I saw it missing here, it just didn't exactly do the trick for me. I could totally recommend it though!

Belgoo Saisonneke from Brasserie La Binchoise (Malterie des Remparts)
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.