High Hopes IPA - Four Seasons Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 15 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by Tr0janSlay3r:
3.81/5  rDev +1.1%

A - poured a golden yellow. Not a ton of depth, but nice. Some lacing. Reminds me of hop stoopid.

S - not a great deal of aroma, but what is there is very nice. Slightly bready, finishing fruity

T - mellow, citrusy feel. Not in your face hoppy, but a strong showing. This could be a bias of mine as I drink very hoppy beer all the time. There is an almost sweet characteristic to the malt in this one - this is a great anytime beer. Paired with food, it does the job without taking over your palate

M - light to medium viscosity. Slightly sticky, without much carbonation.

Overall a solid beer. Very drinkable on a daily basis. I would put it in the same weight class as a dfh 60 minute. Nice beer with food. Can't wait to drink in summertime!

This is my favorite beer, PERIOD. When I first had High HOPeS IPA I was blown away by 3 things:

1)The subtle citrus taste that hits your taste buds right as you swallow is on par with the best IPA's out there. My former favorite beer, and the standard by which I measure all IPSAs is Dogfish Head 90 min IPA (I prefer IPAs that have more going on than just a mouthful of hops). This beer is DEFINITELY on the same playing field. So many IPAs focus only on forcing as much hoppiness down your throat as possible and they sacrifice the other subtle flavors that make a desirable IPA. This beer keeps the hoppiness in check, while still delivering enough punch to please most "hopheads."

2)High HOPeS IPA has a very "clean" taste to it. I have had a hard time explaining this to people, but when they try it for the first time, they instantly recognize what I mean. The best way to describe it is that the beer is very crisp and light. I would attribute this to the care that goes into brewing this beer. I don't know if it is how the beer is filtered or how the water is filtered, but High HOPeS IPA just doesn't have a lot of "background noise" in how it tastes. This leads to the third thing that blows my mind about this beer.

3)The drinkablility of this beer is OUTSTANDING! One could easily drink 4 or 5 of these in a sitting without thinking twice about it (at 6.9%abv you get a nice buzz too!)

High HOPeS IPA is the beer that gives me high hopes for Four Seasons Brewing Company. When I can't get this beer (because it sells faster than they can make it) I slip into a slight depression. IT IS THAT GOOD!

3.92/5  rDev +4%

Served on-tap at House of 1000 Beers on 5-18-14

A - Really nice looking beer, clear yellow gold with one finger of fizzy white head, medium lacing
S - Dank grassy aroma, light pine, some cracker malt
T - Kinda average in the realm of American IPA's, pine, citrus, light malt, but its very well balanced.
M - Very crisp and bright, clean finish.
O - This is just a very well done standard IPA. Good flavor, easy to drink.

to view more.