1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Daphne - Cellarmaker Brewing Co.

Daphne
No picture uploaded.

Cellarmaker Brewing Co. visit their website

American Blonde Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: mc4z on 10-31-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 20 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
elNopalero

4.3/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a light gold in color. It’s a hoppy blond ale, with a citrusy aroma that was at once very subtle yet present. Tastes crisp and citrusy, yet smooth and softly rounded. While it’s hoppy it lacks a bitter kick. It’s pleasing enough to have another.

12-23-2013 05:57:56 | More by elNopalero
scottgoblue314

4.91/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I normally don't go for blondes; the flavor tends to slip by my palate unnoticed. But everything from the aroma to the aftertaste of this beauty was exceptional.

She isn't much to look at, but the citrus aroma of the Amarillo hops promises and the Centennial and New Zealand hops deliver. This is an eminently drinkable beer, and I can't wait to have another. Oh look, there it is.

11-02-2013 03:27:06 | More by scottgoblue314
mc4z

4.8/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

On tap at the brewery. Pours an opaque pale yellow. The smell is awesome - huge Amarillo hop presence, lots of lemon and orange. The taste follows the smell with a great lemon flavor and familiar Centennial hop citrus notes. This is the first day on tap and it is very carbonated. It is really crisp and dangerously drinkable.

Daphne hit on all cylinders for me, so much so that I wrote my first review in 314 beers. I've never had a blonde with this much flavor before - this takes the style to another level for me. I've loved everything from Cellarmaker so far, but this is certainly my favorite. Happy to have a growler of this and I hope it sticks around for a while.

10-31-2013 03:01:27 | More by mc4z
Daphne from Cellarmaker Brewing Co.