Daphne - Cellarmaker Brewing Co.

Daphne

Beer added by: mc4z on 10-31-2013

Ratings: 49 | Reviews: 4
Reviews by elNopalero:
4.31/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a light gold in color. It’s a hoppy blond ale, with a citrusy aroma that was at once very subtle yet present. Tastes crisp and citrusy, yet smooth and softly rounded. While it’s hoppy it lacks a bitter kick. It’s pleasing enough to have another.

4.91/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I normally don't go for blondes; the flavor tends to slip by my palate unnoticed. But everything from the aroma to the aftertaste of this beauty was exceptional.

She isn't much to look at, but the citrus aroma of the Amarillo hops promises and the Centennial and New Zealand hops deliver. This is an eminently drinkable beer, and I can't wait to have another. Oh look, there it is.

4.81/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

On tap at the brewery. Pours an opaque pale yellow. The smell is awesome - huge Amarillo hop presence, lots of lemon and orange. The taste follows the smell with a great lemon flavor and familiar Centennial hop citrus notes. This is the first day on tap and it is very carbonated. It is really crisp and dangerously drinkable.

Daphne hit on all cylinders for me, so much so that I wrote my first review in 314 beers. I've never had a blonde with this much flavor before - this takes the style to another level for me. I've loved everything from Cellarmaker so far, but this is certainly my favorite. Happy to have a growler of this and I hope it sticks around for a while.

3.81/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a fairly pale yellow with just a hint of orange. I should bring a beer color chart with me or just provide a link to a picture. Hazy to the point of being opaque in a half point glass. Small white head. Lots of fine bubbles. Aroma is a bit grainy in a pleasant way. Hops seem a tad sweaty. Mild tangerine flavor. Candied lemon. Fresh grain. Taste is similar. It's a fairly mild beer. Easy to drink and easy to like, but it's not going to wow anyone. Some citrus hoppiness. Nice and dry. Good light grain flavor. Soft. Refreshing. Fairly crisp mouthfeel. Gentle carbonation. Very easy to finish a glass or two. Just a bit boring, particularly with all of the competition at Cellarmaker. No off notes, nothing wrong with it. Something to drink if you don't want a more restrained hoppiness. I think I'll revisit this one in the future and grab a growler. I might have missed some of the subtlety by trying it alongside other beers.

Daphne from Cellarmaker Brewing Co.