Big Red Rye IPA - Young Veterans Brewing Co.

Big Red Rye IPABig Red Rye IPA

to view more.
Ratings: 12 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by July2Nov:
3.68/5  rDev 0%

Had this beer at the release party on Fri 12/6 so please note this is the first batch offered to the public and a new beer so things can change...that said, I can only review the beer that I had. Poured a golden body with red tint and two finger head that left a lot of lace and lace ring down the glass. A mostly rye, grainy smell, although the citric hops and touches of malt come out. Those two elements are noticeable as I drink the beer, which is medium bodied and the 6.7% isn't really noticeable. Now, depending on how you like your rye beers (and I guess some people might not even consider this a rye but an IPA with rye added to it), this could be something you really like but it's not my favorite. I found that the rye overpowered the hops and malts for a bitter, grainy beer at times, not ever sour or bad but just heavily rye flavored, and this lead to both the bitter/grainy taste and a sometimes haggard dryness. To me, it's a little offbalance and not something I would session or choose first at this brewery.

to view more.
Big Red Rye IPA from Young Veterans Brewing Co.