Berkshire Brown Ale - Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.

Berkshire Brown Ale
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Berkshire Brewing Company Inc. visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

American Brown Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: ppoitras on 02-07-2006

Reviews by petermethot:
3.5/5  rDev -3.3%

3.97/5  rDev +9.7%

Had this one at a beer dinner hosted by Berkshire Brewing at Chandler's Tavern in Deerfield, MA. It was a clear brew, brown with red highlights, topped with a one finger head. Can't remember what it was paired with.

Aroma was nutty, with darker malts present. Almost, but not quite, a roasted aroma.

Taste was mostly darker malts, with highlights of roasted character. There was some nuttiness present.

Mouthfeel was well-bodied, but not too thick. A nice brown ale, not heavy.

Drinkability was quite good. It was paired well with... well, something equally good. Danged if I recall what it was though. It was later in the meal... I believe it was either the pasta or the meat course.

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%

on-tap at the tap room in brattleboro, vt

crystal clear and ruby-brown. fizzing is solid, head is an afterthought to a sparkling brew of brown ale essence.

brown sugar cookie and caramel popcorn aroma carries a little 'd'-dotted nutty malt extravaganza. nothing crazy. mellow and clean, like i like my brown ales usually.

smooth and fizzy with some body but nothing prohibitive to extreme quaffability. green and slightly bitter at first accented by some noble hops. carbonation helps bring the alpha to the forefront. next comes a familiar maple biscuity flavor followed by toffee crisp and filberts. finishes dry and thorough with small amounts of lingering sweetness. balance here is frankly amazing.

more hops arise with warmth. crazy. long live bb-f-c

1.7/5  rDev -53%

The one taste that came out to me was burnt malt. I could deal with that if there was another taste to obscure it, but that's all that was coming out to me. And it had a nasty way of hanging around. The malt is very evident but there is no apparent hop to balance it out.

My first pour was a third of the bomber. I didn't want to go half-way through it. I tried it again hours later into the evening in case my taste was off. But no. In three tries at this beer, I can not find a way to salvage it.

This is a beer a very much wish I had avoided.

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%

4.75/5  rDev +31.2%

I found this gem of a Brown Ale in Cumberland, RI. It will be on tap in the next week or so at Pitcher's Pub. I was lucky to be given a special taste last Thursday night. It poured a nice rather clean and clear dark brown color and it had some amber hints when back lit. There was a nice fluffy off-white colored head that left a nice lace down the pint. The smell consisted of slight roasted malt with mild tones of nuttiness and caramel. There was some faint hop aroma detectable. It had a rather chewy mouth feel with a nice medium body.

Great malt taste up front followed by a mild hint of roasted malt in the background. Slight nutty flavors with hints of caramel come to mind. The finish is very tasty and extremely refreshing. The dry hop tones round the beer out quite nicely. This brew captures the style extremely well and is very drinkable. I would certainly session this one any day of the week. I have never had a chance to have this beer before and I was quite glad to be given the chance to try it, thanks to Frank and Mark at Pitchers' Pub. BBC brews another winner in my book.

Berkshire Brown Ale from Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.