Grobbendonkse Tripel 2006 - Brouwerij Kerkom

Tripel |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: paterlodie on 08-21-2006

3.75/5  rDev -13.2%

Vintage 2010 75 cl. Bottel poured into my tulip glass

Pours a cloudy golden with a small lacing white head. Fruity, yeasty and phenollic aroma. Solid body, some fruit, strange esters of manure and smoke. Ends very dry and hoppy.
Not really a tripel , more like between a tripel and a regular pilsner,
I expected more of this beer

4.5/5  rDev +4.2%

This beer is not retired, but is alive and well in Belgium. I have a bottle of the 2008 tripel which I bought at the beer store Bierhandel Willems in Grobbendonk. It is brewed for the store by Br. Kerkom in St. Truiden. When I asked if it was good, the clerk told me it was the best beer in the world. Due to this expression of local pride, I brought a 75 cl home to San Francisco.

This pours an amber gold, with a thick head that stays, leaving lots of lacing on the side of the glass. Smells of brown sugar and dried grass, with a tad of horseblanket. This tripel is dry, unlike most, and highly hopped, with notes of hay and green hops. A hint of tropical fruits at the start, then mainly malt and hops. It seems more of a minimally fruited saison style than a typical tripel. Actually, on the second pour from the bottle, I am getting more tripel esters, with some banana coming through. Finishes very dry with a hoppy, green peppercorn bite. The mouthfeel is light and dry and well balanced. This beer will appeal to hop heads more than most Belgian tripels. Actually, the more I drink of this, the more I am enjoying its different complexity compared to most tripels. While it isn't the best beer in the world, it is a beer worth seeking out.

4.72/5  rDev +9.3%

Brewed for "Bierhandel Willems" in Grobbendonk and best before end 2009. Great presentation with peachgold beer and wellasting white head. Nose is very fresh and gives spicy hops and hint of koreander as there probably is more in there and one of the freshest I've had in long time. Taste is strong and full with good and quiet bitter aftertaste. Some candysugar gives it sweet twist and burning alcohol is warming. Nicely carbonated and very balanced mouthfeel. Yes this is a great example of one of my favorite styles. Great brew and one I'm gonna get more of.

Grobbendonkse Tripel 2006 from Brouwerij Kerkom
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.