Hop Beard: Mountain Man IPA - Fonta Flora Brewery

to view more.
Ratings: 27 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by aleckpa:
3.9/5  rDev -0.3%

First off I wanna rate this a little higher but can't with the new rating system!Ok this pours a dull medium golden with a thinner wispy white head.Some tangerine and orange in the nose along with a light toast and biscuit malts,on the dryer side malt-wise.A good amount of carbonation and crispness in the feel with real "green" leafy and herbal hoppiness,again a nice crisp lightly toasted malt base makes me wanna drink more.

3.64/5  rDev -6.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This beer was good. I probably wouldn't order it again since it wasn't all that outstanding compared to what is out there these days. Although my palate could have been off when I drank it, but none of the others were "off" not that this one was, but it just needed something to make it more remarkable. I think that if it had a little more sweetness to balance out the bitter hop presence it would be an excellent beer. I am still looking forward to trying other beers from this brewery I keep hearing really great things and this is my second one. Not that it was bad, it just didn't do it for me for whatever reason.

Appearance: Bronze, clear, not a lot of head really very little carbonation at all with a fairly aggressive pour, some lacing but really not a lot.

Smell: Hops, bitterness, not really anything sweet with this one.

Taste: It needs something, to balance out the hops, it was kind of thin, not a ton of carbonation and more bitterness with not a lot flavor from the hops other than bitterness. Fairly bland IPA, maybe it was just this batch, I might try another pint if it is around again. Otherwise, it was a pretty basic IPA.

to view more.