Last Stop India Pale Ale - Brew Bus Brewing

Last Stop India Pale AleLast Stop India Pale Ale

Brew Bus Brewing visit their website
Florida, United States

Beer added by: cjgator3 on 11-16-2013

This 7.2% ABV, crushable IPA, is the perfect blend of the refreshing notes of tropical fruit and citrus, along with the clean finish of fresh pine. Hopped with Magnum, Centennial, and Columbus hop additions give this IPA a strong citrusy, floral base with little hints of spice. And dry hopped with Amarillo, Simcoe, and Citra hops, the Last Stop IPA is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Ratings: 114 | Reviews: 7
Reviews by SteveB24:
4.26/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Appearance; color was a slightly hazy, pale gold. beer poured a finger of white head that dissipated quickly but a thin layer of lacing tightly hugged the glass and spotted lacing remained as well.

Smell; The aroma is bursting with exciting hop notes such as tropical fruit, faint citrus and resin. There is a hint of burned sugar in there as well.

Taste; Nearly identical to smell. the taste is full of wonderful hop flavors of tropical fruit. there is also citrus, floral notes, and resin. Some malty sweetness in the backbone balances the hop flavors wonderfully.

mouthfeel; quite light, medium carbonation.

overall; an excellent and unique IPA. light but satisfying, like it's cousin Jai Alai

3.79/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

A: The beer is hazy yellow in color and has lots of fine particulates floating in suspension along with a light amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a short white heat that died down, leaving a small patch of bubbles in the center of the glass and a collar around the edge along with bits of lacing down the sides.
S: Light to moderate aromas of citrusy hops are present in the nose along with some notes of pine.
T: Similar to the smell, the taste starts off with flavors of citrusy hops and then transitions to a blend of citrusy and piney flavors with some hints of tropical fruits. The hops contribute a light to moderate amount of carbonation.
M: It feels nearly medium-bodied and somewhat crisp on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This IPA is easy to drink and has some interesting flavors.

Serving type: can

4.75/5  rDev +24.7%

I have been up and down all day, never having established a circadian rhythm, but like rust, The CANQuest (TM) never sleeps! I am so elated and overjoyed to be back on The CANQuest (TM), following so many f**king bottles, that I need to change my tighty whities every hour or so! Not even #TheOldLady gets me this excited, and she is one smoking hot number. Just sayin'.

From the CAN: "

I ran my fingertips gently over its exterior until we both began to sweat uncontrollably. I caressed its nubbin at its opening and felt it shiver beneath my touch. When I jerked my finger forward, it let out a loud Crack! and gave a little gush across my fingers, which I lifted to my mouth and licked off in front of the glistening CAN. When I grabbed it by its shiny bottom and upended it for an inverted Glug, I heard a low moan of anticipatory joy. I watched as it bubbled and frothed and foamed and finally settled back down with just under two fingers of soapy, bone-white head with limited retention. Color was a slightly hazy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5). Nose smelled like tropical fruits: mango, papaya, one other that I CANnot dredge up this moment. I get really turned on by the musky scent of such fruits and so I stuck my tongue out and in to allow it to loll around on my tongue. Mouthfeel was medium, approaching fullness. The taste was musky, dank, slightly tart, kind of sweaty, earthy and full-on yummy! The tropical fruitiness of the hops was making me harder than Russian arithmetic with Chinese instructions. Finish was lip-smacking dry and I just wanted to keep that musky flavor on my hips, lips and fingertips as long as possible. Who says CANs aren't sexy?!?

4.18/5  rDev +9.7%

12 oz can poured into a tulip pint.

Appearance
Hazy gold with moderate carbonation. Yeast sediment suspended throughout.

Nose
Pineapple, papaya, caramel, and candied citrus.

Taste
Candied orange, pineapple, and papaya. Caramel and honey maltiness. Wintergreen and sweetened grapefruit juice. Some green dankness.

Mouthfeel
Medium bodied, juicy, and smooth with a medium-light bitterness.

Overall
Smooth, tropical, and quaffable.

3.94/5  rDev +3.4%

Reviewed from notes. Poured from 12 oz. can into a Russian River pint glass.

A: Pours a clear light yellow with slight chill haze. Forms a finger's worth of white head on top of a good amount of visible carbonation.

S: Citrus, melon, and grassy hops over a light cracker malt.

T: Follows the nose well - melon, citrus and a bit spicy hops, then a bigger tropical fruit hop flavor, with the cracker malt as a base that lets the hop flavors shine. Lightly bitter in the hang.

M: Light body, good carbonation sensation, and low alcohol presence.

O: I thought this was solid, by far the best of the Brew Bus offerings so far. Nice fruity hop flavors, only lightly bitter. It's nothing to go out of your way for, but the next time I'm riding on the bus, this will be the beer I drink for sure.

3.72/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is my first Brew Bus offering. I am a hophead and will try an IPA from anyone at least one time. This didn't disappoint. Emerges from the can an amber orange color with a nice, stark white head of nice proportion and density. Aroma is right on as far as hoppiness with a bit of straw and grassiness to complement the lightly carmelled malts. Solid flavor with great hop juice flavor, followed by a light hop bitterness punch to the throat. With so many IPAs out there, it is hard to pick one above the rest. This one sits in the above average group, which is alright by me. Finishing the six pack will be a delight.

Super fresh; got this six pack less than a week after it was canned.

Pours quite light in color with a big haze and lots of fine sediment. This is one of the lightest-colored IPAs out there.

Big, big citrus and tropical fruit aromas. Excellent.

A bit of grassy and grainy malt flavors kicked back by big tropical fruit-like flavors from the hops and a big bitterness to finish.

If this wasn't brewed by Cigar City I'd think someone was trying to clone that brewery's flagship Jai Alai IPA. Think of this as Jai Alai's drier brother.

A must-try.