Skinny Dipper - St. Lawrence Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 22 | Reviews: 5
Reviews by Brianmerrilyn:
3.28/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Poured into pint glass at Waterfront Alehouse.
Appearance: partially hazy straw
Smell: Mild nose with tints of ripe fruit
taste follows nose, mild bitterness.
Balanced at best.
Thick lacing y mouthfeel. Probably the thickest
U Hidden abv quite well.
Good take on Burton style ipa

2.5/5  rDev -19.1%

The only thing I can say is the beer had a sour/off taste (something like might be achieved with bread yeast), or maybe even a bit of a wheat beer flavor. I got it because it was an IPA and brewed in the region. The smell was of yeast raise dough when opened and tasted - the hops were noted after getting past the doughy smell. I suppose I should try one from another batch, but am in no hurry.

2.02/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

This is an extremely low raiting from me, but I have my reasons...

First off: I've experienced this brew in its perfection; Which stands up against all day, "All Day."

Second off: what kind of brewery doesn't date? This is disgusting and I was going for pleasurable.

3.97/5  rDev +28.5%

A local beer! I've been curious about this one and their Pilsener for some time now so I gave it a shot. Before I get into the technical aspects of the thing I must say I'm likely to be a little biased. A St. Lawrence County native, I suppose a North Country beer is going to tug on my heartstrings. If it's any good, that is. That said,

Poured from a nice pint can into a nondescript soda glass. I recently moved and my
glassware is lost in the ether somewhere. Hazy golden, almost tan. No head to speak of at all, no lacing.

Smells a little hoppy but subtle. No offputting aromas, smells delicious.

Taste was quite surprising. With all of the hop bombs labeled as IPAs these days I was expecting to make the "bitter beer face" even though I'm liking hoppy beers more these days. The flavor is hoppy, but subdued. It's really not too much, almost like an APA.

Mouthfeel was neat. Syrupy, kind of flat. Not too much carbonation. The mouthfeel actually reminds me of something like a Boddingtons. (Flavor no.)

Really, this beer was a pleasant surprise. It's unusual for the style, and I'll definitely try it on tap in the future. B+.

2.8/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pours a slightly hazed (but mostly clear) straw color, with almost no head. The smell has some biscuity malt and some booze, no discernable hop aroma. Taste is about like the smell, some malt, some booze, fairly bitter and kind of syrupy. I wanted to like this beer because it was well priced, comes in a nice can and was local. But, there was almost nothing to like about it. Maybe it was old, but I got it 30 miles from the brewery, not even unpacked from the box it had just arrived in. If that beer isn't fresh, you've got problems...

to view more.