2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Skinny Dipper - St. Lawrence Brewing Company

Skinny Dipper
No picture uploaded.

St. Lawrence Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

(Beer added by: Brianmerrilyn on 12-03-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
Reviews by dougfur:
dougfur

2.79/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pours a slightly hazed (but mostly clear) straw color, with almost no head. The smell has some biscuity malt and some booze, no discernable hop aroma. Taste is about like the smell, some malt, some booze, fairly bitter and kind of syrupy. I wanted to like this beer because it was well priced, comes in a nice can and was local. But, there was almost nothing to like about it. Maybe it was old, but I got it 30 miles from the brewery, not even unpacked from the box it had just arrived in. If that beer isn't fresh, you've got problems...

Serving type: can

02-11-2014 00:30:59 | More by dougfur
Vt_beer_sampler

Vermont

04-12-2014 10:28:58 | More by Vt_beer_sampler
DagenhamDavis

4.01/5  rDev +14.2%

A local beer! I've been curious about this one and their Pilsener for some time now so I gave it a shot. Before I get into the technical aspects of the thing I must say I'm likely to be a little biased. A St. Lawrence County native, I suppose a North Country beer is going to tug on my heartstrings. If it's any good, that is. That said,

Poured from a nice pint can into a nondescript soda glass. I recently moved and my
glassware is lost in the ether somewhere. Hazy golden, almost tan. No head to speak of at all, no lacing.

Smells a little hoppy but subtle. No offputting aromas, smells delicious.

Taste was quite surprising. With all of the hop bombs labeled as IPAs these days I was expecting to make the "bitter beer face" even though I'm liking hoppy beers more these days. The flavor is hoppy, but subdued. It's really not too much, almost like an APA.

Mouthfeel was neat. Syrupy, kind of flat. Not too much carbonation. The mouthfeel actually reminds me of something like a Boddingtons. (Flavor no.)

Really, this beer was a pleasant surprise. It's unusual for the style, and I'll definitely try it on tap in the future. B+.

Serving type: can

3.5/5  rDev -0.3%

12-06-2013 00:54:58 | More by Lambocalrisien
Brianmerrilyn

3.28/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Poured into pint glass at Waterfront Alehouse.
Appearance: partially hazy straw
Smell: Mild nose with tints of ripe fruit
taste follows nose, mild bitterness.
Balanced at best.
Thick lacing y mouthfeel. Probably the thickest
U Hidden abv quite well.
Good take on Burton style ipa

12-03-2013 04:17:23 | More by Brianmerrilyn
Skinny Dipper from St. Lawrence Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.