El Gourdo Pumpkin Porter - Busted Sandal Brewing Company

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: NotoriousHOP on 11-16-2013

Reviews by AlCaponeJunior:
3.93/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Just found out this place existed, and is very close to where I live. Stopped by tonight and had a couple of beers. The pumpkin porter is first on the reviewing queue.

About what you'd expect from an on-tap porter, dark (perhaps black, lighting and my poor eyesight made it a little iffy), with average head and lacing for tap porters.

Aroma is amazing. Tons of spices are melded with plenty of roasty dark grains to make for a beer that I couldn't stop sniffing.

Flavor is tasty, although for me I found the spices akin to DFH pumpking (that's not a bad thing, BTW, but indicates that they are plentiful and quantitaceous). The porter never stops being notable tho. Hops are mostly absent, I didn't notice anything on that front.

Body is perfectly porter, between medium and full, smooth and ample (but fairly low) carbonation.

Between the general experience of discovering this place, my impressions of the first of their beers I've tried,, and the fact that there's a micro-brewery so close to my house, I'd have to say I'm quite pleased, and I'll be back for me.

3.5/5  rDev -11.6%

4.38/5  rDev +10.6%

4.84/5  rDev +22.2%

3.72/5  rDev -6.1%

El Gourdo Pumpkin Porter from Busted Sandal Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.