Das Naturtrübe - Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG

Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  5.00% ABV

http://www.schwabenbraeu.de/buegel ... truebe.php

(Beer added by: TheSarge on 09-03-2007)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by beerdrifter:
3.28/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Picked this up at my local getraenkemarkt. Hazy straw yellow pour with quickly fading head and decent lacing. Lots of grass in the nose with a hint of citrus, mostly lemon. The grass is front and center in the taste as well with the lemon being more prominent than I had expected. Slightly sour with very little typical German pils bitterness. In fact, this tastes more like a Wit Bier than a pils. Very light and clean. Would be a great lawn mower beer. It's pretty drinkable and refreshing, but not a true pils in my opinion.

beerdrifter, Jan 25, 2011

GreenMountainBoy, Jun 27, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -20.7%

Schlafly33, Apr 11, 2014

Trashcat, Friday at 06:01 PM
3.5/5  rDev +0.9%

Poured from a .5L swing top to a pint glass the liquid is a light toasted yellow with ok carbonation.

The smell is ok hoppy and bready.

The taste is good slight ly sweat and hoppy with a light bread crust.

The mounthfeel is medium body and prickly but, nice carbonation.

The drinkability is ok an interesting brew not quite your standard Pils, worth a try.

Prosit, MK

MuenchenerKindl, Jun 13, 2009

stampfler07, Aug 08, 2013

largadeer, Sep 08, 2013
2.7/5  rDev -22.2%

A: Pale gold, slightly cloudy. Very slight head, very busy carbonation.

S: Lots of malt, grain, and yeast - not a very complex scent, but not bad. I was honestly expecting more hops, but we'll see if they come out a bit more in the flavor.

T: Not very impressed - the start is watery, transitioning into a slightly funky malt flavor - I would even go so far as to call it a little sour. Very easy on the hops.

M: Nothing really to complain about - not too thin, maybe a bit overly carbonated.

O: I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it bad, but it's definitely a bit of a disappointment - I know this brewery can do better. There are even better budget beers out there, so I really can't think of any reason to recommend this.

JoeyV, May 26, 2011

atkplt, Oct 29, 2014
3.34/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I picked up a bottle of Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG's Das Naturtrube last week for $3.99 at The Lager Mill. I like German Pilsener's, but I've never had this one before and I'm interested to see how it turns out, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 16.9oz flip top bottle into a Pilsener glass.

A- The label looks nice, it's got a nice design to it and I think it's just slightly eye catching. It poured a hazy slightly pale yellow color that took on more of a golden color when held to the light with two fingers worth of creamy white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left spotty lacing behind. This was a nice looking beer, but I thought it was a little hazy for the style.

S- The aroma starts off with a medium amount of sweetness with the malts being the first to show up and they impart some grainy, cracker malt, sweet malt and doughy aromas with some clean lager yeast showing up in the background. Up next comes a light hop aroma with some earthy, grassy and herbal hop aromas coming through. This beer had a nice aroma that seemed to be true to style.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma, but it's lighter and it starts off with a lower amount of medium sweetness with the malts still being the first to show up and they impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma with the grainy and cracker malts sticking out the most. Up next comes the hops which are lighter and impart the same aspects that they did in the aroma with no single hoppy aspect sticking out the most. On the finish there's a lighter amount of bitterness with a slight sweet malt, cracker malt and light herbal hop aftertaste. This was a decent tasting beer, it was a little lighter than I wanted it to be, but the flavors were true to style.

M- Smooth, a little crisp, a little creamy, on the thicker side of being light bodied with a lighter amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was nice and it worked well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a decent beer and it was pretty close to being an average example of the style, it had most of the aspects that I look for in the style, but in the end the taste was just a little bland and lighter than I would want it. This beer had ok drinkability, it was smooth, a little crisp, a little creamy, not filling, but the taste didn't do a good job at holding my attention and I know would start to get bored with it so I think one is enough for me, I don't have any urge to drink another. What I like the most about this beer was the nothing, there wasn't a single aspect that I thought was better than the rest. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste, it just didn't do a good job at holding my attention and I quickly got bored with it. I don't think I would buy this beer again, but i wouldn't turn down a glass and I don't think I would recommend it as a good example a German Pilsener. All in all I wasn't too impressed with this beer, it wasn't bad, but nothing stuck out about and it the end it just seemed to be a little bland for the style. So far this is my favorite beer from this brewery, but it's pretty average as far as the style goes. I could either way with this beer and I think it could use a little work, better luck next time guys.

StoutHunter, Oct 29, 2014

Matchews, Feb 19, 2014

ArmyATCBrewer, Oct 04, 2014

slbrown, Aug 27, 2013
3.13/5  rDev -9.8%

This brew reminds me of Rogue's Imperial Pilsner, though this is much less in alcohol content, but as far as appearance and mouthfeel they are common.

This is a quick pouring brew. Two finger thick and bright white head, but dissipates into large clumps. It presents itself with an orangish gold color and is ultra hazy.

This has very light aromas, mostly dominated by grainy and husky characteristics.

The taste is also light, but shares the common bitterness and huskiness found in pilsners.

The mouth feel is very powdery, likely due to the yeast left in the bottle.

TheSarge, Sep 03, 2007

spacemanvt, Dec 07, 2011
3.69/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I do love the swing top bottles. Just came in from a hot day mowing the lawn, this should hit home nicely.

Pours a huge fluffy fizzy 2+ finger head that fades at a med pace, decent soapy lacing, super hazy murky golden wheat colored. If this was a hefe great, but pilsner?

Nose is like pure wheat, grainy wet wheat, and wet hay, toasty cracked wheat, like whole grain raw wheat bread, a bit of a creamy wheat, and some toasted malt, a soft chewy porridge like wheat stew like aroma, and hints of grassy hops somewhere in the background. Would be great if not supposedly a pilsner.

Taste is more of the same, just loaded with wheat, like raw unmalted wheat and hay just picked from the field, got a little wet and slightly sticky fermented, maybe a bit malted and germinated barley, toasted grainy husky, super doughy almost like a sour dough. It even seems to have a bit of a starchy taste, but soft creamy wheat at the same time, a bit of a layered soft malt effect, and very light grassy hop. Super drinkable with nice flavor and light all around. Finish is dry, the hops kick in a bit more, grassy noble hops with a decent but lighter bitterness, more lingering wheat, grassy hay and raw barley.

Mouth is lighter bod, nice carb.

Overall exactly what I'd expect from a real German beer that I almost wouldn't even expect to come to U.S., like I'd expect getting in some middle of nowhere brewery/bar in Bavaria... if it was a wheat beer. Lots of unmalted fresh raw barley and wheat, hay, wet hay, grassy, etc, with a nice mild noble hop kick that really comes through on the finish nicely. Nice layered malt decoction like character. But, it's not a pilsner at all, it's a wheat beer, or grisette or something... not a pilsner at all. however, still pretty tasty and so drinkable, enjoyable, I could put back 20 of these in a row easily.

jlindros, Jun 16, 2014
3.2/5  rDev -7.8%

A: Medium yellow, slightly cloudy (since unfiltered...) color. Thin, white head.

S: Grassy, hoppy in an unusual way.

T: A very prominent, honey taste accompanied by a certain dryness which gives an overall coarse feel to the beer. Grassy and peppery notes (the peppery ones strike you especially at the start, before you get used to them). Tastes more than a Belgian, white beer than a pils to me.

M: The combination of sweetness and dryness somehow results in a rather... coarse character that stands in stark contrast with the beer's light body, perhaps in a perplexing way.

D: Quite drinkable if you can get past the weird combination of tastes for the style.

In a blind tasting I wouldn't be able to identify this as a pils. I am quite ambivalent on whether I like this or not. It certainly got my attention, but is it in the way that I'd want it to?
The beer's details / presentation can be found in Schwaben Braeu brewery's website, here: http://www.schwabenbraeu.de/buegeln/naturtruebe.php (not in Dinkelacker's site provided by BA).

patra7, Aug 31, 2010

pauldevay, Jun 24, 2013

geuze_gone_wild, Sep 08, 2013

Hellpop65, Nov 08, 2014

Kahlerbock, May 18, 2014
3.31/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

LOOK: 16.9 oz swingtop bottle opens with a small pop. Pours a hazy straw color with a white foam. Unfiltered pilsner beer.

SMELL: The aroma is malty, with the doughy-ness of German style maltings. Just a hint of floral hops.

TASTE: In the taste, fairly bitter with a lemony hop character and German two row barley. The tea-like hops also have a slight tartness to them, and the malt is sweeter and bready. There is a fair amount of bitterness and the beer is fairly balanced, if not leaning towards bitter. Buttery diacetyl is present in a minor fashion.

FEEL: Light bodied feel, loosely crisp with adequate carbonation.

OVERALL: An easy drinking beer that went down with little effort. It's nice to see some of these German imports in local grocery stores. I'm always interested in investigating.

Stinkypuss, Jan 05, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +8.1%

Smileitsfreetobehappy, Jul 20, 2014

brotherliam, Nov 01, 2013
3.25/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Appearance: Cloudy, golden yellow with good head

Aroma: Lost my notes on the aroma

Taste: overall, a pretty weak, watery flavor; but refreshing on a hot day, nonetheless

Remarks: Did not score A, T, S, M at that time; so please disregard those scores

IchLiebeBier, Jun 15, 2013