Wulle Biere - Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG

Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG visit their website

Munich Helles Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: stevoj on 05-17-2012

3.3/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had out of a swingtop bottle at Schnitzel Bude in Berlin on July 23rd. Poured a nice golden color with a decent head. Barely any aroma to speak of, maybe some light grains and hay. Simplistic and straightforward flavor, light, sweet, touch of grain, and a sweet finish in the mouth. Easy to drink but boring.

2.15/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Nothing about this bier struck me as an outstanding bier like those that I've become accustomed to having lived here in Germany just a brief six months. As a matter of fact, I would say that this bier is my first disappointment. I liked the nice light color but, it didn't have much of a head, also, the aroma reminded of Heineken which I've never liked because it has such skunky smell. However, this bier's aroma wasn't quite that strong. Granted, I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just and average guy, who thinks this is just an average bier.

3.52/5  rDev +11%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bright gold clear color with medium head. Refreshing. Bought in a 0.33 l (12 oz or so) flip top bottle. They label it as a "Vollbier Hell". I remember this beer from my youth as a Dependent in Stuttgart during the 1960s. "Ich Will Wulle!" In English: I want Wulle!

3.75/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: Very light gold; strawlike; clear; small head

Aroma: Sweet; caramel notes; grassy

Taste: Very smooth; even balanced, but not overly flavorful; not much character, but good session beer that I bought pretty often. My German neighbor introduced me to this beer.

Remarks: Did not score A, T, S, M at that time; disregard those scores

3.28/5  rDev +3.5%

Bright golden clear body with white medium head. Aromas malts, grains, herbal hops. Palate is watery with medium soft flat carbonation and mouthfeel. Aftertaste sweet malts and medium long hops finish with some grassy flavors. Lingering aftertaste though, tastes fresh on first taste, but seems more and more watered down on each successive sip.

Wulle Biere from Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.