New Holland Zoomer Wit - New Holland Brewing Company

New Holland Zoomer WitNew Holland Zoomer Wit

New Holland Brewing Company visit their website

Witbier |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: Mitchster on 08-28-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
beveragecaptain

1.3/5  rDev -61%

12 ounce bottle. This beer pours out a pale yellow color. Terrible aroma of burnt plastic, citrus, and soap. One of the foulest odors I've ever experienced in a beer. The flavor is little better. A dishsoap lemon flavor that is quite bitter. Some spices too. I can't taste any beer flavors in this swill. I did my best, but this was a drain pour after about a third of the bottle. I would attribute this atrocity to a lack of freshness, but I've never had a problem with old beer at the store where I bought it. Avoid this beer.

11-06-2005 20:58:40 | More by beveragecaptain
jj21

Wisconsin

1.93/5  rDev -42%

12 ounce bottle. New Labeling.
Cloudiest wheat beer I've seen. Murky yellow with quickley disappearing white head leaving little lace. Smell was not very good. Bready and skunky. Taste was sour wheat. Not at all what I expected for flavor or aroma. Mouthfeel was nt very good. Couldn't wait to finish this one.

05-14-2006 19:59:42 | More by jj21
Crosling

Colorado

1.98/5  rDev -40.5%

Yellow color with a white head. Strange smell, though vibrant aroma, with major hints of butter toffee (possibly diacetyl), with light spicing. Light body. Relatively no spice flavor, just overloaded with sour fruit. Poor yeast character. Blah, not good.

05-05-2006 06:10:13 | More by Crosling
Brian700

2.03/5  rDev -39%

I just flat out didn't like this beer. It poured a cloudy yellow with a white head.

The aroma smelled like a souped up pilsner with with a little bit of citrus aroma.

The flavor was light and lemony buy it is a very generic flavor and not very good. Mild spiciness.

The mouthfeel is light/medium bodied with moderate carbonation.

This is not a very drinkable beer. Maybe because I have been fed Oberon all these years.

05-15-2006 04:59:16 | More by Brian700
Knapp85

2.03/5  rDev -39%

I think this beer may have been an old bottle or maybe a bad batch. I'm almost sure that this beer shouldn't have been as bad as it was. I like most Wit beers but this one fell through the cracks for me. It's almost tasted sour, and nowhere near as refreshing as it should have been. Anyway this brew was a cloudy yellow color, with a lot of lively bubbles in it that tingle your mouth.

03-20-2011 18:40:58 | More by Knapp85
bradley0114

Indiana

2.13/5  rDev -36%

Appearance - Cloudy orange/yellow color, a four finger head that goes away pretty quickly.

Smell - To be honest, smells more like a less-than-strong house cleaner, not much to it.

Taste - Average, lacks body, too lemony. However, still better than most macrobrews.

Mouthfeel - average, very carbonated.

Drinkability - Not something I would buy again.

09-25-2007 23:49:10 | More by bradley0114
adamette

2.3/5  rDev -30.9%

Live Review. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle purchased as a single from Cost Plus World Market in Mentor, Ohio into my Brewery Ommegang Witte glass.

A Minimally cloudy but translucent straw yellow body under a moderate 1 cm fluffy white but short lived head that sticks around for about 30 seconds. Basic look really. 3.0

S Light wheat, nothing remarkable here. 3.0

T A lager-esque grainy barley taste dominates over a background of the wheat taste that I expected. I do not like how this tastes. The lager like barley taste lingers too long as well. 2.0

M Moderate with that tangy lager like taste and not very smooth like I like Witbiers to be. 2.5

D Well not that good since I was really not impressed with the taste. 2.0

Notes: My first New Holland dissappointment from a brewery whose beers I have really liked in the past.

05-30-2009 01:11:03 | More by adamette
Dalem

2.42/5  rDev -27.3%

Zoomer's label TOTALLY reminds me of relaxing summer days. The beach chair, the colors. It totally speaks to me. What's inside the bottle though doesn't so much. A citrus and slight doughy wheat aroma had me expecting a bit more in it's taste (especially after digging the Mad Hatter) but it is too light. I have a problem with Wit's when they seem really watered down and try to make up with it with too much "summer" flavoring. The taste here is that of reconstituted Lemon juice being dumped into a bottle of Peligrino something. Don't get me wrong I find a glass of mineral water with a slice of lemon effervescent and refreshing, but dammit, I'm drinking a beer not sitting in a kitchen and discussing next year's family reunion plans with my Aunt Eleanor.

09-02-2007 06:16:51 | More by Dalem
brewdlyhooked13

2.5/5  rDev -24.9%

Appearance - fills up the glass with four fingers of off-white foam. The bottle swirling adds some cloudiness to the lemon yellow beer, and there's still an impressive yeast ring left at the bottom of the bottle. The head forms up higher than the glass by about one finger, then slowly falls back.

Aroma - fresh grain, light yeast. A little on the plain side but it does smell fresh.

Taste - the tanginess hits before anything else. Tart, lemony. With the yeast it almost emulates that sour funk that I don't care for, but it doesn't quite get there. Some wheat character shows up but its on the downward side of the taste. Finishes with a sour lemon rind flavor. Not to my personal liking.

Mouthfeel - light smoothness, lots of carbonation, a lighter feeling beer.

Drinkability - in short, not for me.

09-14-2007 20:23:45 | More by brewdlyhooked13
jackndan

2.53/5  rDev -24%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Zoomer Wit: Pours an extremely cloudy, dirty yellow. Vigorous pouring does little to produce a head. Very sweet, citrus aromas of oranges and lemons. The taste is sharply bitter, not hops bitter, more like lemon peel bitter. Very citrus-y, not completely unpleasant, but not a beer one would normally enjoy in November. Spicy bubbles, not very smooth. Feh.

11-22-2003 04:46:57 | More by jackndan
jcdiflorio

West Virginia

2.63/5  rDev -21%

Poured into a larged bowled wheat glass from a 12oz. long neck brown bottle with a crimped on cap.

Hazy,straw/yellowy/lt. golden color looked different from top to bottom of glass.A slight white head dissapated very quickly to almost nothing. Very little carbination just some spotty lacing from swirling the glass.

Very clean aroma,slight citrus with very light doughyness and very slight wheat aromas.

Very clean taste,watery with a good crisp citrus peel finish. The finish was the best part of the beer, very bland overall.

Light and tangy mouthfeel. Refreshing easy to drink,lacking in taste, not enough here to make me want to keep drinking it.

07-03-2007 02:09:42 | More by jcdiflorio
mcallister

2.63/5  rDev -21%

Very pale unfiltered orange yellow blandness. Clean head with sporadic carbonation bubbles arising. Fluffy and white with good retention.

Light wheat aromas with a git of grassy lemon and hints of clove. Yeast forward esters.

Thin and not very flavorful. Yet easily drinkable on a 90 degree day like today. Highly carbonated with a prickly, acidic somewhat acrid aftertaste. Lemon, yeast, wheat and watery.

06-24-2007 16:33:26 | More by mcallister
WakeandBake

2.95/5  rDev -11.4%

Notes from Aug 23, 2008
A pale, hazy,straw color with a minimal head of white foam. Kind of a Citrusy hop aroma with some lemon/orange zest,yeast and biscuts. Flavor ? well I just do not care for what is going on here,a little too fruity for me folks,too trart,nice try but misses the mark.New Holland makes some very good products but I'll pass on this one next time,, just not my thing.

12-11-2008 21:20:51 | More by WakeandBake
Ricochet

2.98/5  rDev -10.5%

A: Chunky, thick, non see thru with no head and little lace, like unfiltered grapefruit and OJ mixed. Good start.

S: Wow, this smells like orange juice a bit, very citrusy and a note from the alcohol. Very appetizing.

M: A bit bitter on the swallow, the watered down OJ seems to have the most punch with an odd aftertaste, almost licorice. Things going South quick.

T: Watery OJ. That's the biggest taste. It mellowed a bit so you could taste the wheat as it warmed but the fakeness and faintness of the Juicy Fruit effect of this beer seemed to make it less than advertised. It is less of a WIT and less of a Wheat, doing neither well.

D: Okay, at least it was a drinkable beverage giving more thrills than your average beer, but I like a little more decided taste when I want a WIT or a Wheat.

07-30-2007 05:29:06 | More by Ricochet
iparules

Indiana

02-19-2012 22:43:23 | More by iparules
rolandboy

11-10-2012 19:00:39 | More by rolandboy
CharlesDarwin

Rhode Island

Originally reviewed on August 15, 2006. 12 Oz Bottle. Aroma of light green apples and tart metallic lemon water. Hints of grass and grain. Pour of hazed lemon yellow. Head of rocky white. Flavor is a rich and incredibly sweet malt sugar. Attenuation? Carbonation seems a little light. Phenolic edges over sweet alcohols in a corn syrup solution. Wheat character seems low for this beer. Smacks with grainy hop edges in old grassy fields, maybe a little parching and strong. Sickly flavor in the end. Smacks too sweet. Overall, mediocre. This is classified as a Wit? Wow, it really missed the boat on that.

12-13-2006 00:32:24 | More by CharlesDarwin
marcobrau

Cloudy and yellow with a burst of carbonation that forms about a half-inch of head then quickly falls to a collar of bubbles. Smells of ciitrus. Fairly thick body. Surprising amount of bitterness. Peppery towards the finish. Not sure of this in production anymore, but it tasted relatively fresh. A good spring beer.

05-20-2010 02:12:20 | More by marcobrau
matjack85

01-26-2013 16:00:04 | More by matjack85
Tyrawlings

02-11-2012 13:46:11 | More by Tyrawlings
TasteTester

12-17-2011 00:46:17 | More by TasteTester
SupaCelt

I got some of this with my pizza at the local pub ( this past summer...this is a retrospective review based on a vivid bad memory.... I know this is February, cut me some slack ). It came in a pint glass and looked kinda thin and yellow. The head up and left without so much as a goodbye. Where is the wheat? Light on the lace. Really not all that appealing in the looks department.

The smell was in there. I can't really say it smelled like much of anything except some yeast and malt and witbierness. Wheat and banana. Slight bit of orange rind in there somewhere.

The taste was just alright. I didn't feel like jumping up and flipping out of my chair like I do with some of the brews that I have tasted. It is not bad but it just doesn't do it for me. Too light I think. It came off like a watered down wheat brew. Plain and simple. I could see where it could be construed as being refreshing for the summer.

02-14-2005 02:20:11 | More by SupaCelt
brandoman63

11-29-2011 23:20:52 | More by brandoman63
cvstrickland

12 ounce bottle poured into a weizen glass yields a hazy straw-gold body with a puff of white foam that reduces to a bubbly sheet

Smell is wheaty and herbal with yeasty bread notes and a whiff of citrus.

Taste is nutty and wheaty with brief mellow bitterness and a little tanginess in the finish.

Light-bodied with a tingle of carbonation. Easy to drink.

05-30-2008 21:30:34 | More by cvstrickland
becktone

Done in a horizontal tasting with Widmer Hefeweizen, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Breckenridge Agave Wheat, and Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat.

Eye: By the end of the pour this one finally looks like a wheat ale. To start with of the sixer I had of this(this being the sixth) each one of them has been extremely overcarbonated or infected. one ounce of beer magically transforms itself into 12 oz of foam, filling the glass. When it starts to clear the beer has the appearance of bud light, however it has a nice head, and it keeps a nice head. And it damn well should! If my glass is going to be filled with foam for ten minutes before I can actually drink the beer it damn well better have good head retention.

Nose: Wheat and yeast. Spicy tones from the hops, some stabs of citrus. Not much more. None of the classic Wit aromas in here, as far as I perceive. I really don't think that New Holland was trying to brew a Wit here.

edit: just got a whiff of puke here, or something close to it. Definitely think that this one is infected. I really think that it is just an acidic aroma that I'm picking up.

Tongue: Sourness right up front, I believe that this beer is infected with something. No wheat beer should have any type of sour flavor, though it is kind of neat. Still I get some spicy hops and some wheat backbone behind that. I don't think that I can fairly judge this one. I think that this one requires me to come back to it. Bit of cardboardiness as well. Really dry finish, leaving a weird feeling/taste in the throat...like the acidic feel in the throat after one does puke...weird. Yes, this beer is acidic, very acidic, when infected.

Mouthfeel and Drinkability: I'm not even going to finish this, except by saying that it has a very dry finish. As far as drinkability, I will give this one a second shot, Other offerings I've had from New Holland have been good, nothing like this till now.

Due to the quality of this beer I submit a neutral-3- review until I can get my hands on more and give it another go round.

....This can't be good for my stomach....

05-05-2008 02:46:35 | More by becktone