Beerhive Tripel - New Holland Brewing Company

good

New Holland Brewing Company visit their website

Tripel |  8.47% ABV

From the label:

Little John's local bees create a wildflower-honey which lends a sweet, earthy complexity to this traditional style beer. A snap of ginger provides a refreshing finish. Pairings: Fresh veggies, soft-ripened cheese, fruit of late summer, custards& biscuits.

(Beer added by: adamette on 08-07-2010)

4.75/5  rDev +33.8%

4.56/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Loving this!

A- A deep golden color. Nearly no head or lacing. However, if that's the worst part of a beer, I'm okay with that.

S- Smells like honey and I want to say pumpkin pie spice. Yum!

T- Tastes like honey and spices. One of the most unique tripels I've had. It's like Hopslam mixed with a good tripel.

M- What I'd expect from a fall-ish type beer. Not watery but not too thick. Goes down smooth.

Overall, I love this and wish I had gotten an extra bottle or five. It's on my list. I'm even thinking that I need to give it to my New Holland and tripel loving best friend for her upcoming birthday.

1.99/5  rDev -43.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

I'm a big fan of Belgian triples so I thought I'd take a chance on this American-made sister. Right from the start the aroma of the beer is a rather strange one. The mixture between sour and sweet. Something I did not expect from this beer. There is an overwhelming presence of ginger with a hint of what I can only describe as clover. Perhaps I received a bad battle but this beer was just about undrinkable. I'll pass.

3.3/5  rDev -7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a bomber into a British pint glass. Very little head with some lacing. Initially tastes fairly strongly of alcohol but then the sweetness kicks in. Not sure how the honey and ginger balance each other but it's definitely something I haven't had before and maybe would like to see in another style. I think this definitely is closer to a tripel than any other style though---definitely on the sweet side.

3.73/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

22oz bottle from Sprayberry Bottle Shop (Marietta, GA). 7.99. 2013 Vintage, bottled 6/19/13 if I deciphered their code correctly. Served in a New Holland chalice.

Pours a brilliant amber with almost two fingers of near white head. Darker that I expect in a tripel. The head fades to a thin cap and leaves small ocassional spots of lace.

Smells of funky yeast, clove, a little ginger and some sugary honey sweetness.

An interestingly sweet tripel. Still a good bit of yeast character but the honey and ginger is predominant with clove, pepper, bread and the faint tickle of alcohol trailing. Nice.

Slick, medium full body with a nice effervescence. Clove, ginger and honey linger on the palate for a pleasing sweet finish.

Almost more of a Belgian strong pale than a tripel but I like it. I often find the yeast a little too much in some tripels but this has a nice sweet balance to it. Another worthy offering from New Holland. Perhaps neither their best nor the perfect tripel but well worth at least one try. I'll most likely buy another bottle when it's released next year.

Beerhive Tripel from New Holland Brewing Company