Beerhive Tripel - New Holland Brewing Company

New Holland Brewing Company visit their website

Tripel |  8.47% ABV

Beer added by: adamette on 08-07-2010

From the label:

Little John's local bees create a wildflower-honey which lends a sweet, earthy complexity to this traditional style beer. A snap of ginger provides a refreshing finish. Pairings: Fresh veggies, soft-ripened cheese, fruit of late summer, custards& biscuits.

4.75/5  rDev +33.4%

4.54/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Loving this!

A- A deep golden color. Nearly no head or lacing. However, if that's the worst part of a beer, I'm okay with that.

S- Smells like honey and I want to say pumpkin pie spice. Yum!

T- Tastes like honey and spices. One of the most unique tripels I've had. It's like Hopslam mixed with a good tripel.

M- What I'd expect from a fall-ish type beer. Not watery but not too thick. Goes down smooth.

Overall, I love this and wish I had gotten an extra bottle or five. It's on my list. I'm even thinking that I need to give it to my New Holland and tripel loving best friend for her upcoming birthday.

2.03/5  rDev -43%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

I'm a big fan of Belgian triples so I thought I'd take a chance on this American-made sister. Right from the start the aroma of the beer is a rather strange one. The mixture between sour and sweet. Something I did not expect from this beer. There is an overwhelming presence of ginger with a hint of what I can only describe as clover. Perhaps I received a bad battle but this beer was just about undrinkable. I'll pass.

3.31/5  rDev -7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a bomber into a British pint glass. Very little head with some lacing. Initially tastes fairly strongly of alcohol but then the sweetness kicks in. Not sure how the honey and ginger balance each other but it's definitely something I haven't had before and maybe would like to see in another style. I think this definitely is closer to a tripel than any other style though---definitely on the sweet side.

Beerhive Tripel from New Holland Brewing Company