Microbrew Invitational

Added by elNopalero on 04-01-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by elNopalero:
4.97/5  rDev +30.4%

This is a corn lager from New Holland. In the interest of beer advocacy I ordered it, although disclaimer (needs not being stated) that I could care less for the style. Compared to BMC, however, this was fantastic. For the style (adjunct lager) you couldn’t do much better. Hence the 5s.

It looks good. Like beer. Light tan with a depth of color. Thin foam and not much aroma or flavor. There’s a light corn sweetness that reminds me of bourbon in a sense. Keep it cold and it’s an easy drinker. But its not one I’d have any interest in drinking again.

3.05/5  rDev -19.9%

I'm glad the guy who reviewed before me did, because I doubt I would have mustered up the finger strength or ambition to create a new beer for this one. I must say, it wasn't bad, actually, it was really good. For a lager of this nature it isn't going to make me run all over the place all willy-nilly, but it will probably get me thinking about all the other lagers I have that I hate. Anyways, enough messing around.

Served on tap at NHBC.

A: Straw gold/yellow with a white head with slight white head that dissipates and leaves only a slight ring around the edges.

S: Grain and corn.

T: Grain and corn, and some other sweet flavor of some sort.

M: Light, crisp, and easy drinking. Bingo.

Sorry, high rated beer, it's time to come back down to Earth.

Doug E. Fresh from New Holland Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.