Green Diamonds Imperial IPA - Other Half Brewing Co.

Green Diamonds Imperial IPA
No picture uploaded.

Other Half Brewing Co. visit their website
New York, United States

An imperial IPA brewed with Golden Promise malt and lots of Australian Galaxy hops.

(Beer added by: metter98 on 12-10-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Green Diamonds Imperial IPA Alström Bros

Spreetaper, Today at 11:31 PM

PA-Michigander, Aug 30, 2014

VonZipper, Aug 30, 2014

kjrod20, Aug 26, 2014
4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

Other Half Brewing "Green Diamonds Imperial IPA"
On-tap at the tasting room, 23 August 2014

This is an interesting beer for me in that I didn't really find it "Imperial", it just came across as a hopped-up kind of west coast IPA. I was looking for more malt, I was looking for more strength, I expected more body... I didn't find it. In fact, I didn't even find the nose to be really bright. It was good overall, and I appreciated the pungent and citrusy hops, but it didn't slap me in the face. So is that good, or is that bad? I don't know. I think the "Imperial" designation kind of skews things. What I found was a very well-rounded, and well-balanced, lightly super-charged IPA. I'm sure it's strong, there's no doubt about that, but it didn't come off like that - this could be one dangerous beer!!! So beyond the hidden strength, what I can say is that I liked the different layers of flavor that I found. It was resinous at one point, and then citrusy at the next, and then more common fruitiness followed. The malt would come in, and then go out like the tide. And it was bitter, but it wasn't overly bitter. It didn't build at the back of my throat as some do. There was a touch of underlying (maybe outlying is a better word) fermentation character but it never really stepped in.

Ahhh, I think I just got the name... this is made with Galaxy hops which are hard to come by so maybe those are the "green diamonds".

NeroFiddled, Aug 25, 2014

rojapa, Aug 09, 2014

Mike099, Aug 09, 2014

adkrogue, Aug 07, 2014
4.79/5  rDev +12.2%

The beer comes in a rich hazy medium amber orange.

The aroma is a bit lacking, though pungent, a bit of plastic, dank qualities, citrus peel.

As I drank this beer more, I got more Heady Topper qualities. A punch of bitterness in the front onto a sweetness of peaches and mango and passionfruit. Then onto this iconic "dank" and "yeast" flavor that I associate strongly with Heady Topper. I would compare it to that beer with a larger malt bill and more sweetness. On the back is a bit of astringency, but onto lots of grapefruit peel.

This is all surrounded by a clean, but with a medium to medium plus and almost chewy, smooth mouthfeel. The beer drinks towards a beer with 1% ABV lower than this.

Compared to All Green (Other Half's larger DIPA with different hops), this wins out as Other Half's best beer.

dar482, Aug 06, 2014

akang, Aug 05, 2014

ogrerugby, Aug 04, 2014

JimmyAloysius, Aug 04, 2014

Wjawde, Aug 03, 2014

pswierc23, Jul 30, 2014
Green Diamonds Imperial IPA from Other Half Brewing Co.