Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #6 - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #6Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #6

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

American Barleywine |  10.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BgThang on 06-11-2008)

3.75/5  rDev -8.3%

4.75/5  rDev +16.1%

3.25/5  rDev -20.5%

4.5/5  rDev +10%

4.35/5  rDev +6.4%

I bought this bottle a little over a year ago at a charity silent auction for somewhere around $35. I was under the impression that I was buying a six pack but I ended up with one bottle instead. I wasn't that mad since my money went to a good cause but I'm hoping this beer is at least worth half of what a I paid for it. No pressure DR6.... no pressure.

Pours a very murky copper color with no head. I stopped the pour short to keep all of the sediment at the bottom of the bottle.

The aroma on this beer is fantastic! I'm almost shocked that this beer has at least 3 years on it and it still has this great of an aroma. Caramel dominates the aroma with sharp notes of pine mixed in. Subtle notes of grapefruit and pineapple come alive as this beer warms up... just so sticky and malty!

The taste isn't as impressive as the aroma but it still stays on the same path. I think that time may had gotten to this beer only due to Saint Arnold and their stupid obsession with twist tops... Very caramel malt forward with stinging pine hops. Great floral notes are mixed in along with the grapefruit and other citrus notes.

The mouthfeel of this barleywine is spot on. Full body and sticky as hell! I'm impressed with the carbonation level is as good as it is. Very sticky and drying finish.

Overall this was an amazing barleywine. I wish that I would have saved this one to split with a friend but I got tired of it staring me in the face every time I opened up my "cellar". This beer also just pisses me off to no end at Saint Arnolds. Why don't they make more beers like this. I will admit that they are moving in the right direction but what the hell, man? You make one off gems and then you don't do anything with it ever again. Anyways, phenomenal barleywine.

4.93/5  rDev +20.5%

I tried this beer in February 2012. It aged very well and tasted like a barley wine should taste to me perfectly. The depth of the flavor surprised me. It was not boozy for how high the alcohol was. The aroma was quite pleasant for an older beer. Good luck finding some, but worth it if you can find some!

Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #6 from Saint Arnold Brewing Company