Pumpkinator - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: FUNKPhD on 10-14-2011

This is the same beer as Divine Reserve #9. If you have already reviewed that beer, please do not review it again here or you risk losing the older review when the listings are merged.

http://www.saintarnold.com/beers/p ... nator.html
2.28/5  rDev -46.6%

I knew that a cask was being breached at a local restaurant at 7pm and went there early to secure a table as I expected there to be a crowd come 7pm. While waiting I had 2 pints of St. Arnold's "Endeavor" strong ale (aka Divine Reserve #13) before receiving my first glass of Pumpkinator. I immediately thought I had made a step backwards taste wise plus its claimed 10% abv is surely wrong, more like 6.5%. In the expectation of sampling a classic pumpkin ale I had also taken 64 ozs of empty Growler bottles to be filled with Pumpkinator, and whose contents I am now slowly sampling. I still feel that it is way over rated and not a beer that I will ever buy again. Its after taste reminds me of that after eating a Middle Eastern dessert cake. Yuk.

2.45/5  rDev -42.6%

Thanks to duff247. 2011 vintage. 22oz bottle poured into a snifter.

Pours a very deep, dark brown. It's nearly black but not quite. There is a bit of fizzy foam that develops but it disappears almost immediately. There isn't really any lacing to speak of either. The beer looks fairly thin, especially for a stout of this size.

The nose is full of spice, notably cinnamon and nutmeg. Both are dominant and make the other aroma really fight to get to the forefront. Some clove does make it's way to the surface as does a slight bit of roast. There is no hint of pumpkin here at all.

The taste seems to be even heavier on the cinnamon. There is a good deal of nutmeg too but the cinnamon is nearly overpowering. The finish saps the mouth of any moistness, almost as if you tried to swallow a mouthfull of actual, dry ground cinnamon. There isn't really much going on here aside from the big spice notes. Perhaps there is but it's drowned out by the strong cinnamon.

This feels a bit thin for a 10% ABV stout. The carbonation is not all that high but it is a bit high for the style. The body almost feels closer to a decent sized porter than to a big stout.

This beer missed the mark for me. There was no pumpkin that I could detect whatsoever and a huge cinnamon note took over in the taste and didn't let go. I'd like to think that maybe a fresh bottle had some pumpkin to stand up to and compliment the spice notes but I thiink the body would still be lacking for it to work.

2.57/5  rDev -39.8%

Pretty much black, with a light tan finger of head. Holy effing pumpkin and gingerbread! Spice, nutmeg, gingerbread all through the taste. Not mostly pumpkin though. There’s no stout in the aroma to me. Deeper tastes let a more roasted, alcoholic side come through. I've had a pumpkin stout before and it was alright because the pumpkin'y parts were subtle and complimenting, but this is a pumpkin pie in a beer's body. No balance. For pumpkin lovers only.

2.98/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

I know this is beloved and I was looking forward to it so much, but it tasted like perfume. I didn't get any stout flavors at all, just all perfume-y spice. I have a 2nd one aging, which will hopefully do it some good.

3.07/5  rDev -28.1%

2013 vintage

A: A finger of dark tan head was created when poured into a small scale snifter glass and receded moderately slow. The beer is a very dark brown almost black if you don't backlight it and appears to have good clarity. Swirling the glass kicks up some streaking lacing.

S: Moderately strong aroma with pumpkin meat, nutmeg, all spice, cinnamon some clove and hint of fried apple. No malt or hop aroma comes through even after it warms up. Smells like pumpkin pie.

T: First sip is very similar to the aroma, I get the pumpkin pie spices more and not as much pumpkin flavor as I'd hoped for. Nutmeg, all spice, cinnamon and clove. The malt profile comes through faintly with some chocolate and toasty notes, but overall balance is sweet an mostly from the spices. No hop flavor I can detect. Bitterness is moderate and comes from both the hops and spices.

M: A bit thin tasting for a stout, medium bodied with higher carbonation. No astringency from the malts but there is some harshness from the spices, cinnamon in particular I belive.

O: I was hoping for more of a beery pumpkin beer with this one, but it fell short. The over powering spices always kill it for me but I was hoping the stout base beer would bring more to the table.

3.18/5  rDev -25.5%

On tap at Ginger Man Houston

A- Dark stout like looking beer. Served in a half pint with little to no head. No complaints, pours like I expected.

S- Complex. Roasted malts, dark fruits, pumpkin spice. Not as chocolatey as I was expecting but still nice aroma.

T- A bit of a miss for me. Lots of dark fruits, roasted malts up front. Bittering hops help take the edge off the sweetness. The pumpkin like spices were a mess. I tasted some strange amaretto like flavor that turned me off.

M- A bit too carbonated for style, possibly improper serving pressure though.

O- I was hoping for a mellowed out version of DR9. I'll report back and edit this post when I try the bottled version.

Edit: Update after having bottles from both 11' & 12'. I took some points off from the overall and mouthfeel. St Arnold makes a good effort on this one but misses the mark. The spices are not as balanced as some of the top tier pumpkin beers. The mouthfeel on 12' was lacking.

3.18/5  rDev -25.5%

Poured at 45 degrees into a Snifter

Pretty gentle pour yielded a 2 finger brown head. Body is a pretty dark black. Lacing was slim and head retention is what you'd expect from a 10% beer.

Smell-Cinnamon, booze. Dark Chocolate and Sweet malts. It's a little bit cinnamon dominant and the booze is very apparent.

Taste-Upfront it's a sweet milk chocolately bite that is nice, a little bit thin. Then a barage of cinnamon really comes through, a lot of it. The finish is what really killed this beer, it's just lots of booze. It's not that pleasant booze you get out of an Imperial Stout on the backend but a cheap vodka flavored booze that burns the inside of the lips and the tongue...and it lingers...

Mouthfeel-A little thin, really coats the mouth but like what I said it's way too much booze. Carbonation may be a little bit low for what it is to kind of mask the booze and cinnamon.

Overall-I was excited to get this beer and I'm still very happy I got this. It's really nice to see St Arnolds produce a bomber of a nice big winter beer, product of DR9. I never had a DR9 fresh so really can't compare but It was a much mellower beer when I had the DR9 a few months ago. I will definitely be aging the rest of my bottles. As of now, this beer is a big let down, and I really hate giving St. Arnolds a negative review, but I know this beer will get better.

3.37/5  rDev -21.1%

22 fl oz brown glass bottle with appealing label art and branded pry-off pressure cap acquired at a local bottle shop and served into an Avery stem-tulip in me gaff in low altitude Austin, Texas. Reviewed live. Expectations are high seeing as it's currently #9 in the top 50 Southwest. Reviewed as an imperial pumpkin stout because the label identifies it as such on its label. No ABV is listed on the label.

2013 vintage. Many bottles in this vintage were low fills, but this isn't one of them.

Served cold - straight from me fridge - and allowed to warm over the course of consumption. I initially side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues were expected, but as I poured it became obvious no head was forming so I upped the vigor considerably.

A: No bubble show forms as it's poured.

In spite of the vigorous pour, no real head forms - just a sad-looking light khaki coloured floater ring. Tilting the glass doesn't yield any lacing formation.

Body colour is a predictable dark solid black. Opaque and dull. Not a jet black. No floating yeast particles are visible.

Overall, it's within style conventions (for an imperial stout) but falls short of the appearance of great beers in the style. The lack of a head suggests severe undercarbonation. I'm a bit concerned going into this based on the subpar appearance, but it's egregious. Far from unique or special. I'm optimistic.

Sm: Bread crust, pie crust, dark malts, pumpkin gourd, nutmeg, allspice, graham cracker, toasted malts, brown sugar, clove, cinnamon, pecan, and light rum-soaked stonefruit. The spices seem to actually overwhelm the pumpkin notes, stealing the limelight. I'd like more pumpkin and more diversity of pumpkin flavour - skin, flesh, and seed would be nice in addition to gourd. Dark malts. Chocolate malts.

I'm not picking up any roasted barley, to its detriment. No overt hop character is detectable, nor is any yeast character or alcohol. I don't find any coffee, char, or burnt qualities.

Overall, it's a pleasant appealing aroma of moderate strength which delivers on the beer's premise.

T: What I notice initially and what I love are the strong pie crust/bread crust notes on the climax, which are complemented very nicely by the spices: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and clove (in order of prevalance). There's plenty of brown sugar and graham cracker notes throughout. I think the graham cracker is a highlight of the beer. The dark malts and chocolate malts of the foundation get lost in the seamless cohesion of the flavour profile.

Don't look for too much imperial stout style depth here: they don't distract from the pumpkin with notes like cream, coffee, burnt sugars, bourbon, etc. It's all about the pumpkin, as well it should be. But unfortunately, there's not an ideal diversity of pumpkin notes - just gourd and flesh. Luckily though, it feels like authentic pumpkin - not artificial flavouring - which is more than I can say about a lot of pumpkin beers.

Overall, it's a fairly balanced flavour profile, though not quite a gestalt one, and offers some interesting if limited complexity and subtlety. I like it. The lack of overt hop character leaves the beer feeling a bit too sweet, especially on the climax when the sugars really push through. Average depth, duration, and intensity of flavour.

Mf: It's a bit too heavy and thick on the palate. Overcarbonated. Too full-bodied. A lighter more accessible feel would really help. The flavour profile doesn't have the intense notes that require this heavy a texture (e.g. bourbon, coffee, vanilla). I like that it's smooth and wet. Unrefreshing. While the presence on the palate isn't ideal, the texture does suit the flavour profile well in a general sense, but doesn't feel custom-tailored to it.

There is some noticeable alcohol presence but it's not hot or boozy.

Not oily, astringent, harsh, rough, or gushed.

Dr: I'm not sure what they're gaining by using an imperial stout as the platform for the pumpkin notes here; the beer's heavy presence on the palate does hold it back, and it doesn't really delve too deep into the potential of an imperial stout. I'm confident there's a style that would better suit the intricate spicing and bready notes they're emphasizing. I do like the beer (especially the impressive graham cracker note), and I'd pick up another bottle to set aside for cellaring, but ultimately I don't know that it's one of the best pumpkin beers out there. Not a world-class beer, anyway. This is definitely a sipper, and could hide its ABV better.

I'm not sure if 2013 is just a weak year for this brew, but based on my experience I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to nab a bottle. A very respectable pumpkin stout, but by no means great.

3.42/5  rDev -19.9%

I have been debating on if I should review this or not. It is suppose to be the same as DR 9, and I have submitted an update to merge the two. Though this is really different than the DR version.

A: Pours a dark brown, nearly black color. A one finger tan head forms, but recedes in a second. Light lace is left behind.
S: A big cinnamon bomb. Light chocolate and some rum like alcohol. Like cinnamon sticks that is put in hot rum and cider drinks.
T: Again, huge on the cinnamon. Some light chocolate and bread crust.
M/D: A medium body that is really over carbonated. A bit thin and watery. Easy enough to drink. Even with the high alcohol. A slow sipper.

I do enjoy this as is. Though a bit one dimensional and some noticeable heat in the throat. On top of which, it is a shell of its former Divine Reserve self.
Original DR 9 review:

A: Pours a dark brown, nearly black color. A two finger light tan head forms, and recedes to a ring that sticks throughout. Some lace is left behind.
S: Wow, pumpkin pie and spice hits you right up front. Cinnamon and peppermint. As this warms up, lots of subtle aromas come out. Vanilla, chocolate, roasted malt. A light dark fruity flavor lingers. Really good.
T: Pumpkin pie and spice again. Roasted malt, chocolate, vanilla, and cinnamon. Some hot alcohol as well. This is good.
M/D: A full body that is low on carbonation. Velvety smooth, decadent, and creamy. This is devilishly easy to drink. A bit of hot alcohol, but a great beer to sip on.

One of the better Divine Reserve's that I can remember. Some age should make this really interesting. Saint Arnold has made one hell of an ambitious and extreme beer. They said they wanted to make the best pumpkin beer ever. They might have done just that. Something I highly recommend

3.47/5  rDev -18.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

22oz bottle split two ways

A: Pours a shade from black with a finger of head that quickly recedes to a ring around the beer.

S: Cinnamon, nutmeg, apple cobbler, and a hint of roast.

T: Strong cinnamon and nutmeg up front - I get more apple cobbler than I get pumpkin pie, but this is still very nice. I get strong dark chocolate and mild roast.

M: A bit above medium mouthfeel with adequate carbonation.

O: More of a pumpkin beer than a stout, but still decent. There is certainly a stout base underneath all these spices, but I'd like to taste a bit more of it.

3.53/5  rDev -17.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Saint Arnold Pumpkinator has a thick, creamy, beige head, some decent lacing, and a dark brown, cane syrup-looking appearance. The aroma is sweet, roasted, and somewhat spicy, and the flavor is even more-so spice oriented. Sadly, there is just too much allspice taste to it, which overrides everything else, from what I could tell. Mouthfeel is medium to heavy, and Pumpkinator finishes sweet, syrupy, and heavy. It’s a sipper, for the most part. Overall, I think it’s good enough, but overly spiced. It's worth checking out.

3.58/5  rDev -16.2%

22 oz bottle. Pours dark brown with a medium creamy tan head that retains well and laces the glass.

The aroma is roasted chocolate malts with some perfumey pumpkin spice and some vegetal pumpkin.

The flavor is sweet roasted chocolate malts with a lot of pumpkin spicing (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove) and some dark fruit, molasses and alcohol. The mouthfeel is medium to full bodied with smooth carbonation.

Overall, a nice imperial pumpkin porter/stout.

3.65/5  rDev -14.5%

Pours almost dark brown, almost black with a smallish fluffy tan head that fades slowly to a ring around the edge of the glass.

Aromas begin with a ton of mulling spices; cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and mace. Reminds me more of apple pie spice than pumpkin pie spice. As it warms you get a little of the base porter, mild roasted malts, but it's hard to fight over the crazy strong spice blend. Actual pumpkin is not present; smells kind of like vodka miles with mulling spices as it continues to warm.

The tastes begin, thankfully with some dark roasted porter flavors highlighted by dark bitter cocoa and roasted dark espresso bitterness. The backend/ finish is dominated by a boat ton of spices which I mentioned in the aroma. Fusel alcohol is also present as it continues to warm.

The mouthfeel is medium bodied with medium carbonation. Finish is spice and alcohol dominant, a bit abrasive to be honest.

Overall this was a decent beer at first, but as it warmed it became quite spice forward and alcohol dominant. A slightly softer spice hand wold have been appreciated here as well as a more controlled fermentation temperature to limit the abundant abrasive alcohol that is present as it warms.

3.8/5  rDev -11%

A: This beer is dark in the glass, but barely allows some light to shine through the edges making a dark brown ruby color. Head was about finger's length and dissipated quickly. No lacing.

S: Yep. The pumpkin is definitely there. I'm getting some spices and nutmeg as well.

T: This is a lot different than what I expected. Lots of pumpkin of course, gingerbread, graham cracker, vanilla, nutmeg, a touch of oak, and some chocolate and coffee. I wouldn't call the taste profile on the Pumkpkinator stout-like. It drinks more like an imperial pumpkin ale or maybe a pumpkin strong porter. Not bad, but not my favorite.

M: The mouth feel is actually pleasant. Pretty full-bodied, thick, with some carb on it. It's a good sipper. Don't know if I can finish the bottle…

O: The beer that I have has been aging for about a year. I'm not sure how this beer tastes without aging, but I think it's, overall, a descent beer with a very complex flavor profile. I'm just not too into the pumpkin beers. I love stouts, but this strayed from that style more than I thought it would. Probably wouldn't buy again, but not because it's a bad brew. Just a thick pumpkin monster. Good beer to try once.

3.87/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a New Belgium goblet. Code on the bottle neck has 297 as the first numbers. Maybe it was bottled on the 297th day of 2013?

A- Pours a 99% opaque black color with a 1/4 inch dark tan head that retains a bit before becoming a thick ring around the edge of the glass and a center patch of surface foam. Semi-resilient lacing leaves a thick ring behind.

S- Intense clove spice with some cinnamon and nutmeg. Smells a lot like potpourri and it's so heavy that it borders on medicinal. All I can smell are the spices, no roasted malt or alcohol.

T- Allspice, nutmeg, clove, more allspice, cinnamon, sugar and more allspice. This could be the most spice-laden beer I've ever had. The dark roast does come through in the flavor but it's certainly not doing much to balance things out. The alcohol is quite well-hidden but it's not surprising since you'd be hard pressed to taste anything beyond the spice overload that's occurring.

M- Not as viscous or creamy as I was hoping. Medium-low carbonation and a full body.

O- It tastes good but it's just way too heavy on the spice. I'm slightly disappointed because everyone's been telling me this is one of the greatest pumpkin beers.

3.88/5  rDev -9.1%

Appearance is a dark brown with a one finger brown foamy head.
Aroma is massive spice. All spice, cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie spice.
Taste is not as intense as the nose. Still a bunch of spice. Not a lot of pumpkin or crust.
Mouthfeel is medium and you can really taste the alcohol.
It's pretty overwhelming in flavor and aroma.
Not my favorite pumpkin beer but its not bad.
I couldn't drink much of it.

3.92/5  rDev -8.2%

Received in recent trade w/ cosmonick. (Thanks!)

Poured from 22oz bottle into large Bordeaux wine glass.

Aroma: Ginger, cinnamon, malted milk, and roasted pumpkin. A well-balanced blend of the spice components one would expect in a pumpkin ale.

Appearance: Deep, dark brown. Light tan 1/2 finger head disappears quickly. Minimal lacing.

Flavor: A rich, roasty maltiness combines surprisingly well with cinnamon and ginger. A black licorice note is also there. A nice amount of malty sweetness, and a pleasant smoky note appears at the end.

Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with medium carbonation. Definitely a peppery touch of booze in this one.

Overall: Likely to be one of my last pumpkin ales of the year, and I enjoyed it. Going into this one, I questioned how well the rich chocolaty stout flavors would meld with the pumpkin spices. St. Arnold did an excellent job, though. I recommend you try this one!

3.92/5  rDev -8.2%

Thanks to Becca for the hookup on this one! Dark brown, almost black pour with a half finger beige head that fades really quickly with almost no lacing. The nose is huge and complex with hints of clove, licorice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and chocolate. The taste is big and bold and complex as well. Tons of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg up front along with hints of licorice, anise, chocolate, cardamon, molasses, pumpkin, vanilla, and ginger. The mouthfeel is slightly thick and syrupy and definitely a sipper. The alcohol is well hidden for a 10% beer. Definitely a great winter beer perfect for a cold evening in front of the fire. Very impressive offering.

3.94/5  rDev -7.7%

Less motor oil, more root beer in the glass. Aromatically insane; yankee candle, fiery cinnamon stick, clove, butter crust. Mouthfeel is medium, hollow mid palate, intense on carbonation with round, thick tannins. Finishes with heat, way too young, alcohol spikes and makes this ultimately unbalanced. Best to lay a half dozen down for the next 2-8 years. Savor/sip now over the course of a few hours.

All the stuffing is here, just needs time. Could be epic...

3.95/5  rDev -7.5%

Big thanks to injuredreserve for throwing in this crazy extra.

Appearance: Deep, dark brown/amber with some deeper red hues when held to direct light. Head is a nice khaki, creamy, and fluffy to start. Drops to a a darker tan ring in short order. Almost no cap to speak of. Minimal lacing.

Smell: Cocoa dusted pumpkin bread. Laden with fall spices (clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, allspice) and chocolate. Cocoa, dark chocolate pieces, some lighter milk chocolate as well. Big roasted compliment coming through the back. Pie crust. Buttery and crumbly. It smells like dessert. Aggressive, spiced pumpkin chocolate bread. Caramel malts add a nice layer of sweetness. Some underlying pumpkin flesh as well.

Taste: Almost as big as the nose, but not quite. Big punch of spice that never dials back and grows as the beer warms. Allspice and cinnamon dominate. Incredibly malty. Roasted malts coupled with some cooked caramel malts as well. A touch of burnt malts run through the back. Pumpkin takes a back seat, offering up some faint hints in the back. Mildly toasted. Pushes toward brown sugar at times. Dialed down chocolate presence, big on the cocoa. Warming turns this in to an aggressive spice stout. Balance fades.

Mouthfeel: Body is on the heavier side of medium. Moderate carbonation works well with the flavors. Some lingering alcohol dryness. Smooth and just a touch creamy.

Overall: Burly as hell, but the muscles are just for show.

Easily one of the better takes on a pumpkin stout. Spices feel a little out of whack in the long run, but the whole dessert thing is interesting enough to keep it going. Split this between 3-4 people and it would be ideal.

3.95/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Pours almost black with a tan head that dissipates quickly. The aroma is mild with hints of nutmeg. The taste, however, is anything but mild. Bold, almost harsh. Spice flavors and alcohol are dominant. Hops are a little too assertive for my taste, but tolerable. One of the better heavily spiced pumpkin ales.

3.97/5  rDev -7%

Bomber - Thanks to cfrancis for this

Appearance - Black/brown colour with a small size fizzy dark beige head. There is a low amount of carbonation showing and there is some fair lacing. The head lasted for just a few minutes.

Smell - Malts, chocolate, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, pumpkin

Taste & Mouth - There is low amount of carbonation and I can taste malts, chocolate, and pumpkin. There is also a lot of spices going on.. ginger, nutmeg, and lots of clove. It ends with a malty/spicy aftertaste.

Overall - At first I was really enjoying the beer. It has a taste all it's own and it wasn't cloying like most of the other stronger pumpkin beers are. The amount of spices in it did start to wear on me a little bit though. Still a very good beer that is well worth trying.

3.97/5  rDev -7%

22oz, 2011
Tired Hands wine glass

A: Pours a dark brown color. Reddish hues around the edges. Basically in a ring of light tan head around edges. But it's nicely carbonated. Seeing some tight small bubbles up edges. No as thick as I was expecting.

S: Definitely getting the pumpkin like smell: flesh, spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove), etc. Also, pulling some roasted notes.

T: Tip of the tongue, getting all the pumpkin ale flavors. That spice bill primarily. In the middle, you get more fleshy hints and the roasted grain notes to make it a stout. Not crazy big or full, carbonation makes it thinner. On the finish its dry. But pulling more of that dark chocolate bitterness and roast. Makes you remember yes it's a stout.

M: It's full but the carbonation helps lessen it.

3.99/5  rDev -6.6%

A - Super dark brown in color. The head is decent. Its tan and somewhat foamy. It stays around for a couple of minutes but doesn't leave any lacing behind.

S - Very aromatic. Reminds me of a Yankee holiday candle. Tons of spice in the nose. Nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, licorice, and vanilla. It smell delicious.

T - Unique. Definitely getting alcohol. Sorta just hits you straight up. All the spices are there. As far as the spices clove is dominant. The end is sweet and hot. I think the alcohol could have been played better. Its way to noticeable. All the spices are great though.

M - Medium bodied. A little rough around the edges. The boozyiness doesn't help the finish.

O - It's not that I'm disappointed. It's just that I was expecting something a little more refined. I think this one could use a couple years of aging. I love hot beers but this one was way out there. I'm giving it a high score based on the spices used. You can really pick each one out and label it perfectly. But like I said before with a little less alcohol bite this beer would be bomb.

Served in an Ohio State shaker pint glass.

Thanks to twiggamortis420 for this bottle!

I imagine a crossover flick, in the style of Freddy Vs Jason, between Pumpkinhead and the Terminator. God, would it probably suck... Anyway, this stuff pours a dark black-brown topped by a finger of sandy tan foam. The nose comprises mild roasted malts, very light cola, brown sugar, very light molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. The taste brings in more of the same, with an avalanche of the aforementioned spices and a hint of ginger tossed in for good measure. The body is a light-leaning medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a sorta/kinda drying finish. Overall, a delightful pumpkin stout (wow, did I really just say "delightful"...?), one that pleasantly balances the roasted elements with a healthy spicing. Good times.

Pumpkinator from Saint Arnold Brewing Company