Saint Arnold Sailing Santa - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Sailing SantaSaint Arnold Sailing Santa

good

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

(Beer added by: SWMeyer4141 on 11-20-2011)

22 oz bomber bottle 2013
A: Side pour into a pint glass. Eggshell white head about 1 inch. Quickly receding to surface foam and leaving a bit of lacing that is somewhat sticky on the glass. Dark reddish amber in reflexive light and a dark honey amber with light shining through it. Carbonation is good.
S: Smells good. Nothing strong sticking out.
T: Tastes good. Nothing wrong with this beer.
M: Rather flat. Not bad. Smooth and creamy and fades away with a a sweetness.
O: I must admit my knowing that this beer is a blend of Elissa IPA and Christmas Ale 2013 with spices added is clouding my thinking. I am still doing my best. I am going to rate this beer a 3.5 across the board. Its not a bad beer by any means. It just does not have enough body of one origin and does not have any distinguishing characteristics to make me excited. Its a good beer and I am drinking all of it.

4.44/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2013 version. St. Arnold's Elissa I.P.A. and Christmas Ale are both solid brews respectively, however they are certainly not the brewer's best work in my opinion. Blending them together in a winter holiday setting perfectly balanced what I liked about both beers, and the spices definitely brought everything together. Great hop aroma, which compelled me to take the first sip out of the bomber...and it was so good I never got a chance to see what the beer even looked like the first time I had this one! Bought it again shortly after, and poured it into a glass. Looks pretty. Nice orange copper color, with a decent head, and excellent lacing. In retrospect, I liked it better straight out of the bomber. The crisp hop taste of Elissa, the smooth character of Christmas Ale, blended together with gingerbread-like spices made for the best remedy against snobby in laws this holiday season. I hope Santa sails my way, and puts this beer in my stocking.

2.91/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Pours cloudy yellow-orange hue with a finger of head. Smell off the nose offered some hop freshness and some spiced bread and peach. Taste was a big diss appointment with some gingerbread like profile with some hops but nothing spectacular. Will not probably try this again but was interesting

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%