Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPASaint Arnold Endeavour IPA

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Same recipe as Divine Reserve #11.

(Beer added by: Kornoms on 02-29-2012)
Reviews by HoustonTX:
4.33/5  rDev +4.1%

Houston, Texas has always been a place of great diversity.
Where a mix of cultures and customs clash, and nearly always something to find entertaining.

Fast forward to this year, we finally solidify our spot as the greatest brewing city in the South. With the magnificent releases of Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA and Karbach Weiss Versa, we now hold two of the greatest beers in the world.

We have been waiting for this moment for a long time, and it couldn't be a more exciting time for our city.

Our focus today, the dangerously hopped to perfection Endeavour.

Sold only in 22oz Bombers, this West Coast focused IPA comes with a twist. Brewed with an enormous amount of hop variety's. Though strongly focused on the "C" strains.

Straight up this is one of the most balanced IPA's I've ever consumed. It goes down with ease, and in a blind tasting I'd say 5%-6% ABV at the most. Damn could I be anymore wrong, sporting it's 8.90% ABV level, but barely scratching a note of hint of alcohol to guide you to this conclusion.

It's predominately focused citrus body covered with notes of papaya, grapefruit, orange, and lemon peel. It's very citric, leading to only just a hint of bitterness and rind. Though lacking the pure hop complexity of beers like Pliney the Elder. This is far beyond in balance and overall drinkability. It's easily one of the most drinkable IPA's I've ever consumed and that's saying a lot because of my huge catalog of IPA's that I've consumed.

I drank the entire bottle before I could even get the damn aroma notes down, so bloody hell. Oh well. All I can say is this, if your able to get this on a regular basis - you're incredibly lucky to have this kind of beer to have on hand 24/7. We must all agree, that Houston has broken out and has finally reached elite status for not only it's brewing knowledge, but just the sheer complexity and precision of our craft beers.

HoustonTX, May 28, 2012

beenitty, May 17, 2012

richkrull, Mar 19, 2012

brooklynbrews, Apr 12, 2012
3.88/5  rDev -6.7%

Endeavour is a looker. Orange gold in color with a soft white cap that lasts and laces the glass. Large hop oil slicked bubbles from a deep pour refuse to pop on the surface.

The nose to me should be bolder for an IIPA. Don't get me wrong there is a strong hop presence with gobs of tropical fruit and pine, but an imperial should punch you in the face with hops.

Now this is what I'm talking about! The taste is almost all hops with a start to finish hop bill supported by sweet caramelized malts. Those hops range from tropical to resin and really hit the spot.

Mouthfeel also steps up the pace with complimentary pinch to the mouth full of hop flavors. A good carbonation delivers that tand to every taste bud and makes this a great drinking experience. I'm glad St. Arnold brought this one back. This is a solid beer and one I hope to see again and again in the fridge. I just have to beat my wife to them before she drinks them all.

jbphoto88, Jul 01, 2012