Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPASaint Arnold Endeavour IPA

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Beer added by: Kornoms on 02-29-2012

Same recipe as Divine Reserve #11.

3.75/5  rDev -9.9%

Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

3.61/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Really good lookin brew, amber/orange with fluffy white head, good retention and it is very active.

Aroma reminds me of sweaty sock. Sorry to say, but that's what comes to mind. Breaking it down, it is boozy with something like sour citrus combining and fusing into the aforementioned summary. I can't detect any of the malt bill, which I suspect is prodigious. ... Later I get a wee bit or sweetness.

The taste is boozy and bitter primarily. Later I pick up a bit more, but it still doesn't quite work for me. The hop flavor is dull and muted, and the bitterness isn't sharp, but it lingers. There isn't much complexity and it it would be hard to call balanced. What hop flavor I do get is sorta citrusy, but it would be a big stretch to call it fruity. I get a wee bit of sweetness, but, ultimately, it's mostly boozy and bitter and kind of a disappointment.

Plenty carbonated, medium body, bitter finish lingers.

I suspect that this bottle is old or was not handled properly. It has a 4.22 overall score as of this review, and it seems to have the elements in it that could lead to such high regard. But I neither tasted nor smelled any caramel (though it looks to maybe have some crystal in it), and the hops taste and smell stale. The booze is the most prominent component of the nose and the taste. It's close to being really good, but the sample I have is not. I am visiting Texas and rooting for the home team here, but am disappointed with Endeavour, based on high expectations due to its high score. I'd try it again, though, especially if on tap or I knew it were fresh.

4.03/5  rDev -3.1%

The beer pours a nice amber color with a thick off white rocky head and left a lot of lacing on the way down. It's aroma is nice and fruity, I smelled peach, orange with some caramel and pine. Tastes sweet with more fruity flavors followed by some bitter pine oil and a hint of alcohol. It is pretty light for the abv with lots of carbonation and a dry finish. Thought this was a good solid IPA it hides the abv very well.

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

4.54/5  rDev +9.1%

I'm a local Houstonian, and I'm a fan of St. Arnold's brews. First time I tried out their Endevour.

A - amber, almost honey color. Minimal head, but could've been as it was poured into a very standard pint glass.

S - pineapple, tropical, very fruity.

T - peach notes that transform to tropical fruits. I taste some passion fruit, a little pineapple. Hops come in towards the end and linger. The hops are not too headstrong. The linger for a while in your palate.

M - body is in the middle. Lovely "oily" like mouthfeel. Not velvety, not light. Smack down the middle.

O - very pleased here. Loved it from the first sip. Wish the hops were just a tad more pronounced. Allow the beer to slightly warm up. I'm definitely going to buy some at Specs to have at home.

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA from Saint Arnold Brewing Company