Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPASaint Arnold Endeavour IPA

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Same recipe as Divine Reserve #11.

(Beer added by: Kornoms on 02-29-2012)
Danobold

06-18-2012 00:35:41 | More by Danobold
NeverSettle

06-17-2012 04:40:31 | More by NeverSettle
thebornotaku

3.83/5  rDev -7.9%

Firstly, I would like to thank my friend Jeremiah for sending this to me. Not normally available in CA, so this is a nice opportunity to try some out-of-state craft beer!

Unsure when it was bottled, but keep in mind that this beer spent a week on a truck from TX to CA so that may or may not have had an effect.

Poured from a 22oz bomber in to a regular pint glass.

A- Starting off, it pours an amber color, clear with a little hint of red. Very attractive. Poured carefully so there's no head.

S- Hoppy and piney. Unfortunately I've been experiencing allergies so my sense of smell isn't the greatest, but it certainly smells good.

T- Here's where it gets good. It doesn't start off with the usual hop-forward bitterness that most IPAs have. It eases in to the bitterness and hoppiness. Kind of sweet, floral and overall really well balanced. A little bit of lingering bitterness on the back end but it's not unpleasant.

M- medium body, good carbonation. Nothing excessive or exceptional.

O- Pretty damn good beer. Wish my allergies weren't acting up so I could enjoy it more, but still very good nonetheless. From what my buddy Jeremiah tells me, it's $7/bottle which is a little steep considering the local offerings here to me in CA, but still pretty good.

06-16-2012 08:39:32 | More by thebornotaku
garyford

06-13-2012 18:24:33 | More by garyford
burnerfinger

4.45/5  rDev +7%

finally bought this one, (was a bit p;ricey for my blood)

poured from the 22 oz bomber into my new belgium goblet:

A: nice show on the pour, solid tighly bound 2 finger head and really p;retty lacing:
orangeish brew with a bit of cloudiness:

S: oh yeah the HOPS> its been awhile since I treated myself to a IPA oh man it's good pineyness

T: ipa bite of hops

M oily in a good way

D: a bit much to guzzle but do it anyway! hahaha

GOOD STUFF

06-11-2012 03:40:09 | More by burnerfinger
oriolesfan4

Maryland

4.7/5  rDev +13%

First ever offering I've tried from Saint Arnold but damn was I impressed, one of the best IPA's I've ever had a chance to try. Oozes of hoppiness, yet has an uncanny balance to it and a great maltiness to make sure it isn't too overbearing. Fantastic beer, was a pleasure to drink and disappeared from the glass way too quickly.

06-09-2012 16:13:14 | More by oriolesfan4
drunkboxer1

Had it out of a tulip glass. Deep gold coloring. Sticky, oily head. Hallmark double IPA stuff. Smells citrusy, not too much alcohol on the nose. Tastes like grapefruit, packed with American hops. Bitter, but not unbalanced considering other beers I've had in this style. Taste that coats the tongue. I'm giving this a high rating because it's a very nice beer, but it isn't exactly anything new. First double IPA I've had from St. Arnold (I think), and considering the less than memorable Elisa I think this is a definite improvement.

06-08-2012 00:43:25 | More by drunkboxer1

Alabama

06-02-2012 02:00:44 | More by xxcarpxx
billab914

3.43/5  rDev -17.5%

220z bottle poured into my Devil's Backbone glass. It poured dark amber, slightly orange in color with a thin, sticky, off-white head to it.

The aroma shows more of a candied fruit and bready malt presence to it. I get good amount of pine to it mixing with a bit of a tropical fruit like presence. It's got some orange flavors to it that's almost like a mix of candied oranges and orange juice. The hoppiness seems a little light, or potentially faded to me.

The taste also has a pretty bold candied fruit presence to it with notes of orange, grapefruit and a touch of mango. It's also very malty and bready with some slight caramel tones. Again, the hoppiness seems a little dull or faded.

The mouthfeel feels a little on the heavier side for the style with carbonation being average. Overall it was a pretty good beer, but the hoppiness fell a little short of expectations. It actually felt pretty balanced between hoppy and malty, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It just seemed to lack some of the bold, juicy, fresh hoppiness I love.

05-31-2012 22:12:23 | More by billab914
bfizzy

05-31-2012 18:45:30 | More by bfizzy
HoustonTX

4.33/5  rDev +4.1%

Houston, Texas has always been a place of great diversity.
Where a mix of cultures and customs clash, and nearly always something to find entertaining.

Fast forward to this year, we finally solidify our spot as the greatest brewing city in the South. With the magnificent releases of Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA and Karbach Weiss Versa, we now hold two of the greatest beers in the world.

We have been waiting for this moment for a long time, and it couldn't be a more exciting time for our city.

Our focus today, the dangerously hopped to perfection Endeavour.

Sold only in 22oz Bombers, this West Coast focused IPA comes with a twist. Brewed with an enormous amount of hop variety's. Though strongly focused on the "C" strains.

Straight up this is one of the most balanced IPA's I've ever consumed. It goes down with ease, and in a blind tasting I'd say 5%-6% ABV at the most. Damn could I be anymore wrong, sporting it's 8.90% ABV level, but barely scratching a note of hint of alcohol to guide you to this conclusion.

It's predominately focused citrus body covered with notes of papaya, grapefruit, orange, and lemon peel. It's very citric, leading to only just a hint of bitterness and rind. Though lacking the pure hop complexity of beers like Pliney the Elder. This is far beyond in balance and overall drinkability. It's easily one of the most drinkable IPA's I've ever consumed and that's saying a lot because of my huge catalog of IPA's that I've consumed.

I drank the entire bottle before I could even get the damn aroma notes down, so bloody hell. Oh well. All I can say is this, if your able to get this on a regular basis - you're incredibly lucky to have this kind of beer to have on hand 24/7. We must all agree, that Houston has broken out and has finally reached elite status for not only it's brewing knowledge, but just the sheer complexity and precision of our craft beers.

05-28-2012 20:59:06 | More by HoustonTX
hnl4

05-26-2012 21:09:16 | More by hnl4
Hopmodium

Washington

05-25-2012 17:05:39 | More by Hopmodium
trxxpaxxs

4.2/5  rDev +1%

Thanks to VegasBeerMan and kspongeworthy for sending me a bottle...

A: Pours a deep honey, with hues or red. I wouldn't call is amber, but it's close. There is a full finger of white head that takes awhile to settle. I get a good amount of lacing on the glass as it drinks.

S: The nose is huge pine, some mild citrus, and a good malt backbone. The pine hop aroma is the dominant characteristic, but the other scents are distinguishable.

T: The flavors in this beer are really nice. I get a great mix of pine and malt in the forefront. As the sweetness settles, the citrus notes make their appearance. The finish is floral hops mixed with pine. It has a bitter finish, but nothing overwhelming.

M: Medium bodied beer. This beer starts out wet, with sweetness and spice. It finishes with more of a floral note. This is an oily brew, and it coats the palate. The hop notes linger for quite a bit.

O: I like this beer, but it's not my favorite. The flavor profiles are really nice, but I really wish it was a bit crisper. I tend to like drier IPAs. That said... I'd love to drink this again, and feel very fortunate to have had two bottles of this beer.

05-24-2012 00:42:00 | More by trxxpaxxs

IrishGermanAmerican

05-19-2012 18:30:34 | More by IrishGermanAmerican
suspect

4.05/5  rDev -2.6%

Poured from a 22oz bomber into a Dogfish Head Signature glass. Thanks to miikezombie for the hookup.

A: Crystal clear golden color with hints of red. Aggressive pour leads to a 2 finger head. Lacing is sticky and thick.

S: Huge hop aroma with big blood orange zest and piney grassy notes. Malt backbone is big and pronounced.

T: Follows the nose but the hops are a touch less prominent.

M: Creamy mouth feel, perfectly carbonated.

O: Easy drinker and at 8.9% that is a bit dangerous!

05-19-2012 03:50:37 | More by suspect