Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPASaint Arnold Endeavour IPA

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Same recipe as Divine Reserve #11.

(Beer added by: Kornoms on 02-29-2012)
4.93/5  rDev +18.5%

Thanks to my neighbor for bringing a couple of these back from Houstan. Poured into my tulip this beer is a gorgeous dark orange, clear and a nice tight fingers worth of creamy white head with really thick legs that plaster the side of my bowl as I drink down. The nose is out of this world, crushed sweet dank hops, uber sweet tropical fruits, floral, simply amazing, one of the best smelling brews I have ever had. The flavor profile follows the nose to a tee, sweet red grapefruit, pine, a thin line of maltiness to keep it all in check, there is tangerine, mango, lemon, lime and fresh herbs in beautiful harmony. The mouth is sensational, not heavy for the 8+ abv, which by the way you never detect, it's cleansing, bright, dry and begs for more. Totally blown away by this brew, world class on every level. Available in bombers only. If you are in the distribution area for Saint Arnold and love superbly crafted Imperial India Pale Ale search this one out. It's outstanding.

OTB, Mar 21, 2012
3.98/5  rDev -4.3%

A - Pours a golden/copper color. Head is off-white and minimal. There is a moderate amount of sticky lacing.

S - Bittersweet. Sweet grapefruits and oranges, piney bitterness, and pineapples. Sweet and tropical.

T - More piney and bitter in the taste. Lots or grapefruit rind and a pine needle bitterness. Very bitter. Although mono toned very tasty.

M - Medium bodied, silky, tingly carbonation. No complaints.

O - An all around great DIPA. Very bitter. I guess this stuff is year round. First time I see this. This is now my favorite offering from Saint Arnold.

depechemode1983, Mar 21, 2012
4.08/5  rDev -1.9%

Appearance: Golden/brozen color thats clear, no particulate. A 1 inch white head sits on top with excellent lacing that clings to the glass as the head slowly fades

Nose: Citrus fruits and citric acid hops with some hints of grass, the nose finishes with a clean malt note.

Taste: Citrus hops and pine-like resin. Fresh cut hay and sweet malt. I wish there was a bit more malt here.

Mouth: Flows on the tongue but has an assertive bitterness character with piney resin notes, lightly carbonated giving it just a hint of fizz

Overall: This is supposed to be a remake of the divine reserve 11, but I feel like they cut back on the malt. In any case, this is still a great IPA and I will gladly revisit this again soon

2378GCGTG, Mar 21, 2012

4.25/5  rDev +2.2%

richkrull, Mar 19, 2012
3.78/5  rDev -9.1%

Bottled 2/27/12

A - Pours amber/copper with a modest ivory head. Lacing is pretty light.

S - Lots of citrus and pine with some peaches and a hint of tropical fruit in the background. Some toffee-like malt sweetness comes through as well. A very nice aroma overall.

T - Big, resinous hops are dominant. The citrus and pine sits atop a large malt backbone. A bit one-dimensional, but enjoyable. I definitely enjoy the smell of this beer more than the taste.

M - Medium-bodied with semi-dry hoppy finish. A touch of bitterness carries over into the aftertaste.

O - It's nice to see a decent DIPA made in Texas. That said, it's little more than decent. I want to love this beer, but I guess I've been spoiled by having the opportunity to try beers like Pliny, Sculpin, and Abrasive, beers that Endeavour can't stand up against. It's good, but I think it's been over-hyped by locals.

pwsoldier, Mar 19, 2012
4.25/5  rDev +2.2%

Domeshot14, Mar 17, 2012
4.8/5  rDev +15.4%

22oz bottled 2.27

This is actually the second time I have had this beer. I didn't want to review it the first time because I had a cold and wanted to make sure my taste wasn't off.

A - Copper and orange, beautifully clear, head dissipates quickly, but leaves a good bit of lacing.

S - Enticing and juicy aromas of pineapple, peach and pine citrus. Just enough malt presence.

T - Follows the nose perfectly. Tropical fruit and citrus dominate the pine. No hint whatsoever of the 8.9 abv. Finish is dry, but creamy and balanced enough not to fatigue the palate prematurely.

M - Carbonation tingles the tongue and complements the bittering hops. Just enough creaminess as stated above.

O - World class. I have had a good portion of the top 10 rated dipas and this is right up there. Congrats to St. Arnold. Today is a great day to be a Texas dipa drinker.

beer19, Mar 17, 2012
4.13/5  rDev -0.7%

Pours a beautiful, hazy, dark orange color. Dark off-white head of about 2 fingers, leaving lots of sticky lace behind. Aroma has a lot of citrus, sweetness, slight grapefruit and tropical fruits, but there's also a nice level of pinyness to it. Pleasant bitterness without being Over the top. Plenty citrus fruits and tropical fruits and a touch of pine. Nice creamy feel, good carbonation, good body.

Still an excellent IPA... I think I actually like this better than 11...

EgadBananas, Mar 17, 2012

Joshgonzales79, Mar 17, 2012

ATXRyan, Mar 16, 2012

wyatt, Mar 16, 2012
4.4/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22oz bomber into a tulip

A: Pours a hazy blood orange color with. A nice white head that fades to a layering and leaves some nice lacing on the glass.

S: The nose is full of hops in the form of pine, grapefruit, and lots of tropical fruits like apricot and tangerine. I also get some caramel and bready malt aromas.

T: The taste starts with a big burst of pine and bitter grapefruit then moves on to tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, and apricot. The caramel and malty flavors are in the background but they are there.

M: Feel is actually medium bodied and creamy. Not really drying like most DIPAs but it works.

O: I was a bit worried they wouldn't be able to match the awesomeness that was DR11 but this is pretty close. It's also incredibly drinkable for damn near 9%...I can't detect any of the alcohol. This is a great DIPA and I think it would stand up there with some of the bests. I will definitely buy more of these anytime I see them. This one seems to peak around 2 weeks after bottling so check the neck to make sure yours is fresh.

GregSVT, Mar 16, 2012

Eurytos, Mar 16, 2012
4.8/5  rDev +15.4%

As a Houston native, I'm proud of this beer. Put this next to a DFH 60 or 90, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell the difference. It has that marvelous citrusy odor I love in the DFH 90, and ditto on that hoppiness with a tinge of sweetness that just lingers at the back of your tongue for a few seconds after a swallow. Just barely darker than the 90's orange. I typically am underwhelmed by Saint Arnold, so I only bought one bomber bottle - but now I'm going to really stock up.

bdcravens, Mar 15, 2012

"Divine Reserve 11" has come back to life! Am I dreaming? Is this really a regular run beer now? I can't stop buying it because I may have found "THE ONE". Where to even start evaluating this beer? The HOP complexity is GENIUS. I think I will have to drink a few more to give it the review it deserves.

FoamRanger, Mar 14, 2012

Fitzmke, Mar 13, 2012

ThirdEyePA, Mar 13, 2012
4.98/5  rDev +19.7%

Poured a beautiful sunset orange with 2 fingers of fluffy bright white head. Excellent retention. Kept close to two fingers head the whole way down leaving copious amounts of STICKY lacing

Great citrus hop aroma (orange and grapefruit) along with peach, mango and pine sap. Smells extremely fresh and dank as hell. The aroma is very enticing and begs for you to take a sip.

Citrus hop bomb as soon as it hits your lips! The taste follows the nose to the T. Excellent tropical fruits (mangos and papayas), grapefruit flesh along with some dank pine hops and finishes up with a nice peach taste on the end.

The mouthfeel is Fantastic! Smooth, creamy, medium bodied with just the right amount of carbonation. Sticky as hell and goes down so easy! I cant emphasize the smoothness of this beer enough.

Overall, this beer is divine. Saint Arnolds did a fantastic job with this one. They nailed it! One of the best DIPA's I've ever had and quite possibly the best beer to ever come out of Texas. Thank God this is a year round beer now! I plan on keepin my fridge stocked at all times.

dcloeren, Mar 12, 2012

WritersBlock, Mar 12, 2012

rjgbeeradvo, Mar 11, 2012
4.48/5  rDev +7.7%

first DIPA I've has out of Texas, and it doesn't disappoint. The beer pours a light straw/ golden amber with a white head that doesn't fade too quickly. The beer's nose is juicy citrus hops and the taste is no different. This is exactly what I want in an IPA. Thr mouthfeel isn't too gross and leaves residual bitterness without hitting you over the head with it. Overall this beer is outstanding and well priced.

ThePorterSorter, Mar 11, 2012