Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA - Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPASaint Arnold Endeavour IPA

Saint Arnold Brewing Company visit their website
Texas, United States

Beer added by: Kornoms on 02-29-2012

Same recipe as Divine Reserve #11.

4.97/5  rDev +19.5%

Poured a beautiful sunset orange with 2 fingers of fluffy bright white head. Excellent retention. Kept close to two fingers head the whole way down leaving copious amounts of STICKY lacing

Great citrus hop aroma (orange and grapefruit) along with peach, mango and pine sap. Smells extremely fresh and dank as hell. The aroma is very enticing and begs for you to take a sip.

Citrus hop bomb as soon as it hits your lips! The taste follows the nose to the T. Excellent tropical fruits (mangos and papayas), grapefruit flesh along with some dank pine hops and finishes up with a nice peach taste on the end.

The mouthfeel is Fantastic! Smooth, creamy, medium bodied with just the right amount of carbonation. Sticky as hell and goes down so easy! I cant emphasize the smoothness of this beer enough.

Overall, this beer is divine. Saint Arnolds did a fantastic job with this one. They nailed it! One of the best DIPA's I've ever had and quite possibly the best beer to ever come out of Texas. Thank God this is a year round beer now! I plan on keepin my fridge stocked at all times.

4.97/5  rDev +19.5%

Had this beer multiple times before I decided to review it. Bomber poured into a tulip glass.

Poured a wonderful orange with 2 fingers of soft white head. Excellent retention and sticky lacing.

Aroma consists of grapefruit, orange, mango, peach, hops, and pine.

Citrus is overtaking along with some grapefruit, mango. Towards the end, peach and pine hops are present.

Great mouthfeel. Creamy medium body with just the right amount of carbonation. VERY VERY smooth beer.

Overall, this beer is fantastic. Saint Arnolds hit this one on the head!

4.92/5  rDev +18.3%

Thanks to my neighbor for bringing a couple of these back from Houstan. Poured into my tulip this beer is a gorgeous dark orange, clear and a nice tight fingers worth of creamy white head with really thick legs that plaster the side of my bowl as I drink down. The nose is out of this world, crushed sweet dank hops, uber sweet tropical fruits, floral, simply amazing, one of the best smelling brews I have ever had. The flavor profile follows the nose to a tee, sweet red grapefruit, pine, a thin line of maltiness to keep it all in check, there is tangerine, mango, lemon, lime and fresh herbs in beautiful harmony. The mouth is sensational, not heavy for the 8+ abv, which by the way you never detect, it's cleansing, bright, dry and begs for more. Totally blown away by this brew, world class on every level. Available in bombers only. If you are in the distribution area for Saint Arnold and love superbly crafted Imperial India Pale Ale search this one out. It's outstanding.

4.92/5  rDev +18.3%

Probably one of the most floral and unique IPAs I've ever had. StA has always had potential (with creations like their Divine Reserve series, Moveable Yeast series, and Christmas), but this offspring of DR11 is probably their finest effort yet.

I haven't craved a specific beer in a really long time. Congrats StA.

4.9/5  rDev +17.8%

4.83/5  rDev +16.1%

Amidst the beer wasteland of Texas there are some fine craft beers from Austin and Houston. One of them happens to be St. Arnold, who has been at the craft for over ten years. Their double IPA, Endeavor, is outstandiing! Very subtle hop-viscosity on the palate, just the way I like it., reminds me somewhat of a Jailai IPA out of Tampa. Nice bitterness, but just not over the top. Highly recommended!

4.83/5  rDev +16.1%

Had this on tap tonight for the first time and it instantly became one of my favorite Double IPA's. This beer was very clear in the glass, somewhat unusual for a double IPA, which leads me to think it is filtered. From the taste, I get apricot and lots of tropical fruit notes. Definitely try this beer if you get a chance!

I could see this becoming the Pliny of the south

4.82/5  rDev +15.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Poured from a 22 oz growler into an oversized wine glass. Deep copper color with thick sticky head that lingers. Made up of tight tiny bubbles supported by little streams from underneath.

Strong piney hop aroma with citrus notes. Flavor follows the nose. Very smooth and well balanced, not overwhelming with some late bitterness that leaves you wanting another sip rather than being turned off. I've had a lot of IPAs with this hop profile that ruin the follow through.

Creamy mouth feel that is thicker than most IPAs and really suits the beer well. All in all a great under the radar DIPA that I'm proud to have from Texas.

4.8/5  rDev +15.4%

The Endeavour is the Divine Reserve #11's new alias and permanent addition to Saint Arnold Brewing company. It is a nice deep amber color with a light, creamy head. The smell has notes of citrus, which then fades into a nice peach smell. The taste has a creamy and carmel maltiness to it and is well balanced with the bitterness of the hops. The feel is great in the mouth, not too carbonated and has a smooth feel. We are so excited they will now permanently have this beer in their line., one of our favorite IPAs.

4.8/5  rDev +15.4%

As a Houston native, I'm proud of this beer. Put this next to a DFH 60 or 90, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell the difference. It has that marvelous citrusy odor I love in the DFH 90, and ditto on that hoppiness with a tinge of sweetness that just lingers at the back of your tongue for a few seconds after a swallow. Just barely darker than the 90's orange. I typically am underwhelmed by Saint Arnold, so I only bought one bomber bottle - but now I'm going to really stock up.

4.78/5  rDev +14.9%

22oz bottled 2.27

This is actually the second time I have had this beer. I didn't want to review it the first time because I had a cold and wanted to make sure my taste wasn't off.

A - Copper and orange, beautifully clear, head dissipates quickly, but leaves a good bit of lacing.

S - Enticing and juicy aromas of pineapple, peach and pine citrus. Just enough malt presence.

T - Follows the nose perfectly. Tropical fruit and citrus dominate the pine. No hint whatsoever of the 8.9 abv. Finish is dry, but creamy and balanced enough not to fatigue the palate prematurely.

M - Carbonation tingles the tongue and complements the bittering hops. Just enough creaminess as stated above.

O - World class. I have had a good portion of the top 10 rated dipas and this is right up there. Congrats to St. Arnold. Today is a great day to be a Texas dipa drinker.

4.77/5  rDev +14.7%

On tap at Boondoggles in El Lago, Texas.

This is a great DIPA. In fact, it's my favorite of all that I have tried.

Plenty of grapefruit taste in my opinion, which I'm a big fan of. Lots of hops too as expected. Bitterness is there, but it fits in. Plenty of ABV so be ready.

If it's on tap, its going to be hard to pass up in the future.

Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA from Saint Arnold Brewing Company