Belgian Blonde - Forge Brew Works

No picture uploaded.

Forge Brew Works visit their website
Virginia, United States

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  7.50% ABV

(Beer added by: ItsBeer30 on 06-07-2014)
Reviews by cjgiant:
3.26/5  rDev +4.2%

Re-review 11/2014 (rating up from 3.04 to 3.26) both on tap, re-review at better bar. Actually the re-review I did not know the beer before I tried it :

A: a little darker than I'd expect for a blonde (listed as strong pale ale here, despite name). The beer is more hazy than cloudy, but has a decent sustaining head with some lacing.
S: (original review: hint of Belgian, but an off scent I can't place as well). Begore being told the beer, definitely could tell it was in the Belgian style. Girlfriend got banana, which I didn't so much, but I got yeast, hay, bit of farm and a decent tart note that had me flummoxed on the exact style, but I figured not a saison.
T/M: pretty much follows the nose on taste. I do get a bit of banana in the taste, and outside of some farmhouse flavors (hay, earth), there is a faint, but lactic acid-like sour "tang" (to re-iterate light). Feel is medium light, fair carbonation, with a mid-to-light dryness accompanying a strange fruit-minty aftertaste.
O: would have NEVER had this again had I known the beer. Definitely better than original review. Still overall is just okay.

Belgian Blonde from Forge Brew Works
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.