Out.Haus Ales Smoked Porter - Out.Haus Ales

No picture uploaded.

Out.Haus Ales
New Hampshire, United States

Smoked Beer |  5.70% ABV

(Beer added by: johnnnniee on 05-12-2014)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.68/5  rDev +5.7%

From the 650 ml. bottle. Sampled on June 7, 2014.

The pour is a deep dark brown with a moderate and soft beige head. It fades eventually and leaves some limited lacing.

Smoked roasted malts on the nose are the first thing I get with a more subdued to invisible hop character

Medium body but also chewy.

The flavor has a nice roasted malt character but not enough smoke in my opinion. There is smoke for certain but I really liked my smoked beers to be on fire. This is far more relaxed but still easy drinking.

puboflyons, Jun 07, 2014
3.64/5  rDev +4.6%

Bought at Ayotte's in Hudson, NH. Poured from a bomber into a regular glass. Having tried Stone's Smoked Porter at a meeting of Brew Free or Die back in June, I was excited to try another brewery's take on a smoked porter. After this, I think I will stick to Stone.

A- Like I would expect in a porter: dark, almost pitch black with a nice tan head that dissipated fairly quickly.

S- Roasted malts, spicy hops, dark chocolate, but not a lot of smoke. I had to sniff about six times before I picked up even the faintest hint of it. That was rather disappointing.

T- Coffee, deep dark chocolate, some dark fruit such as cherry and blackberry. Again, not a lot of smoke but it's very subtle and actually enhances the roasted flavors. Hops are spicy and earthy and also enhance the flavor. It's very complex and the finish has almost a raisin-like quality to it.

M- Watery, very watery. Not what I was expecting. It had a cheap, thin feel to it and my lips were sticky afterwards.

O- If it were not for the mouthfeel, I would have loved this beer. It was not as smoky as Stone's smoked porter, but the smoke leveled the beer out and enhanced the flavors. Overall, pretty decent, I would recommend it as a "starter porter" for sure.

risendragon, Jul 27, 2014
3.83/5  rDev +10.1%

Bottled from Bert's
Pours a solid black color with a bubbly off white head that dissipates rather quickly. Smells of smokey campfire, chocolate, and caramel with an earthy edge. The flavor is sweet with caramel and chocolate offset with a solid but subtle campfire smoke. The earthy edge rounds it out nicely. Medium body with a moderate level of carbonation. Nice porter with a subtle smokey edge that enhances rather than overpowers the beer like some others I've tried.

johnnnniee, May 12, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -21%

Carpentiere, May 30, 2014
Out.Haus Ales Smoked Porter from Out.Haus Ales
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.